Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion New Rules
Upfront,  CeF didn't ask me to do it, neither do I know if he'll consider this thread. 
Although I'm against destrictening the rules, or let Players decide, I'll give you the option.

As all of you know,  game -or at least chat- is dying,  and for some reason rules are believed to be the problem,  since you fellas are the playerbase, I want to see which of the rules you want to be gone, to provide a better chatting experience.

However, I also want you to consider:
● There are not just kids and teenagers on the games.
● Those young players won't know what they do,  or the consequences of stuff like sharing personal information. 
● Chat could easily turn unbearable (it already was till I updated the rules)
● Some people come on the games after school/ work etc. And just wanna relax without having to watch a bothersome chat.

Now with that in mind, and with the knowledge where to find the rules,  I'll let you state which ones you wish to see gone.

Here's the list nonetheless:

General Game Rules:

1. Using any kind of bot, software or tool to farm Pokémon, gold etc. is strictly prohibited.

2. Buying or selling gold, Pokémon, and/or items for real money is strictly prohibited. Those found selling for real money will be permanently banned from the game immediately.

3. Usernames which contain inappropriate words, like curses, sexual, racist, references to drugs/alcohol/inappropriate persons, and/or offensive/provocative slurs are strictly prohibited. Users with those names will be warned and given 24 hours to either change their name or create a new Account. Ignoring the warning or refusing to change it will result in that account's deletion.

4. Ingame profile avatars must not contain sexual, violent or in any other way PG unsuited imagery.

5. No scamming.

6. No hacking/stealing other people's Accounts.

General Chat Rules:

If you are unsure if something you are about to say is allowed, please PM a Chat Mod and ask before saying it, or do not say it at all.
One warning before ban violations:
  1. No spamming. The following is considered spamming:

1. Posting more than 5 times in a row (eg. 6,7 etc.).

2. Repeatedly posting comments that consist of one word, letter, number, or symbol.

3. Button mashing (eg. weifgubquegvb).

4. Quoting several lines out of songs, books etc.

5. Linking several Pokémon in a short amount of time

6. Repeatedly posting the same statement or question

7. Do not advertise in general chat, trade chat is the only Chat allowing advertises.

8. Random Chat is the only Chat allowing Spam.

9. Repeated excessive useage of signs or letters (i.e.???????????????????)

1. Do not share personal information (eg. Full name, phone number, facebook profile, skype adress, IP-Adress, E-Mail adress or any other info which lead to your persona or current living place.)

1. Impersonation of another player or person is not allowed. Impersonation of Moderators is strictly prohibited. The following is considered impersonating:

1. Similar username (eg. just adding a number, using I instead of l etc.).

2. Claiming you're the actual person.

3. Copying the actual person (behaviour etc.).

1. No roleplaying. There are several topics and sections in the forum dedicated to it. The following is considered roleplaying :

1. Acting like a person or character out of history or anime etc.

2. Giving your Pokémon commandos in chat like "Ecxadrill use Earthquake!", or "Excadrill use Earthquake on Person X".

3. Making up a fictional character for this game, and executing that "role" in Chat. Eg. "I'm the Mixed Guardian, my house is in Starfall Town, I'm battling players for a living."

4. Creating a background story for your character or discussing those in Chat.

5. Repeatedly using typical roleplay indicating things like : *steals your Pokémon* *is fighting Pokémon X* etc.

1. Swearing or bypassing the word filter in any way is against the rules, including : misspelled swearing, censored swearing or abbreviations which contain swear words (eg. "WTF", "LMAO" etc.).

2. No linking to competitor, harmful or useless sites (such which have nothing to do or no use for the game) or any other kind of game sites.

3. Users with inappropriate usernames will be asked to change them before being allowed to continue using the Chat. Ignoring or refusing to will result in a Chat ban.

4. Trolling, harrassing, "baiting", disrespecting and/or arguing with a Mod is prohibited.

5. No talking, discussing or advertising other free2play, MMOs, MOBAs, client based or browsergames. Solely the talk about Console games (Gameboy, PS, Wii, Xbox etc.) is allowed.

6. No discussing, referring and/or mention of drugs/alcohol or their effects.

7. No begging other users for Pokémon,items, gold, PvP Battles and/or trades.

8. No flaming, trolling, harrassing and/or threatening other players for the purpose of inciting anger, frustration or argument.

9. No trash talking the game, it's features, or other players etc.

10. Speak the language assigned to each chat. Only English in the Global Chat, and your Local language in the Local Chat, Random Chat is the only Chat allowing all languages.

11. Some topics are sensitive and prone to create arguments, those topics are not to be discussed.Religion/Politics are an example of such.

12. No discussing/mentioning of hacks, bots, cheats etc. in Chat.

13. No flirting etc. This is not a Dating-Site.

14. If a Moderator advises that a topic of discussion be dropped, it must immediately be dropped.

No warning before ban violations:
      1. No sexual commentary or harassment.

2. No talk or mention of the “Xat” website and/or chat network.

3. No PG unsuited jokes. Examples of such would be jokes including : sexism, racism, homophobia, xenophobia and/or any other kind of discriminating/insulting topic.

4. Impersonating CeFurkan and/or acting like you are the owner of this game.

5. Repeatedly breaking rules you were already warned for.

6. Do not circumvent a ban by logging into another account.

The compromise met was reduction,  not complete removal.
Furthermore, be wary that there are compromise to rules itself, an example would be 
▶ keep no spam, but increase to 7 in a row
Or
▶ keep no spam, but disable that rule for local chat. 
Etc.

P.s.: for the sake of it,  I wish for moderators to not interfere or any user to haterade.
I furthermore like to see legit reasoning as to why a rule should be disabled(preferably with the downside considered)
Of course moderators are allowed to suggest or disagree, but not just for the sake of disagreeing. 

P.s.s.: The numbers seem to get messed up with copy paste,  I'm too lazy to insert the correct ones, so just quote or copy paste the rule you referr to.

As always, follow our forum rules, and don't turn this into a heated flamewars.

This Topic has been brought to you by The Rekfast Club

Click the Link below for our team page

---> LINK <---
Let's just go and see the world and just show them
What it really means to live life golden.

The Rekfast Club
nice rules Smile
In my honest opinion skype isn't personal info so i will let it be shared on chat
[Image: attachment.php?aid=446]
Great! As always Galliant. However, the biggest reason chat is dead is because so many are angry over the new ranking system. Seasoned players are not available to help new players. I know several, like myself, are simply waiting and hoping ELO is taken out of rank before being active again.
This are our current rules, this is the place to say which of those players want to be gone.
The decision that they will be reduced already fell, therefore it's just to get a list which ones it'll be.

The Rekfast Club
I disagree because there aren't any examples of why a rule(s) should be altered. The rules are here for player safety and order without anarchy for equal game play and community share.

Also, these rules can't be why the chat is dead haha. The game needs advertising or something exciting and right now, the gameplay for this game is pretty dead. It used to be pretty big with the many ideas we've had but now it's a grindfest. The ELO system is something new to at least spice up the gameplay but it still needs to be worked on. If anyone has anything to say about the system, I believe CeFurkan has posted a thread about the implementation and is taking all comments on it. New ideas lead to improvements especially from the game community.

I'd like to see the current members of the current community to voice(keyboard warrior) their opinion on the alteration of the rules.
Wink 
I'd like to be able to use some kind of voice chat program (discord, skype, teamspeak,rabb.it, or whatever) while playing m3o with a couple people without having to worry about it being reported to cef and getting myself or others possibly banned...

It isn't like your going to lose your playerbase just because they can verbally chat rather than type to each other...

Wait that's not on the rules list per se (outside of sharing "personal information")? Congrats it never really has been either, but yet there has been problems about stuff like that in the past
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
i think we can allow discord chat links in chat for people to call to chat

what do you think?
What is the reasoning behind people not being able to role play in chat? Is it the Spam it might incur?

Also I'd like to re-open the discussion on talking about other games in chat. Most players play more than one game online and I think it might grow the community if people could freely talk about what they are playing day to day. 

i think it should be prohibited to compare games like , "This game is better than this game or I hate this game I play this game now" 

Overall, I think chat has become way too strict.

Chat used to be a place people just came on to talk to others even if they didn't play and because of that the community was stronger, more active and really just more fun. This game lives and dies with chat. I think less micromanaging and more common sense modding is the way to go. 

Just my 2 cents.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
(2016-10-04, 10:49 PM)Knost Wrote: What is the reasoning behind people not being able to role play in chat? Is it the Spam it might incur?

Also I'd like to re-open the discussion on talking about other games in chat. Most players play more than one game online and I think it might grow the community if people could freely talk about what they are playing day to day. 

i think it should be prohibited to compare games like , "This game is better than this game or I hate this game I play this game now" 

Overall, I think chat has become way too strict.

Chat used to be a place people just came on to talk to others even if they didn't play and because of that the community was stronger, more active and really just more fun. This game lives and dies with chat. I think less micromanaging and more common sense modding is the way to go. 

Just my 2 cents.

I agree. I love chat with people when they need help, or just to have a good conversation. But when you don't have a topic of conversation, chat dies Sad
That's because we can't talk about things like Knost said. We should talk about other games, series, etc, and always respecting others.
Perfection doesn't exist. Seizes the moment, nothing lasts forever
Also I get these rules are supposed to be for both pokemon pets and monster. From what I understand these rules are needed in Pokémon pets but imo they are way to strict for monster.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
So to put a little milestone.

1.Allow more topics.
I totally agree, i also think conversations about "rival sites" should be all owed,  as long as it doesn't turn into advertising.

2. I think spam for global should be 
A) increased example to 8 in a row.
B) nonexistent in case of answering questions, short posts are easier to read than long ones, and for complex explanations, 5 is just waaaay too short.
 C) also nonexistent for local chat. Those usually have  smaller player base and they should be allowed to talk freely.

For some of my other suggestions check out Pokepet's thread!

The Rekfast Club
(2016-10-05, 10:48 PM)Galliant Wrote: So to put a little milestone.

1.Allow more topics.
I totally agree, i also think conversations about "rival sites" should be all owed,  as long as it doesn't turn into advertising.

2. I think spam for global should be 
A) increased example to 8 in a row.
B) nonexistent in case of answering questions, short posts are easier to read than long ones, and for complex explanations, 5 is just waaaay too short.
 C) also nonexistent for local chat. Those usually have  smaller player base and they should be allowed to talk freely.

For some of my other suggestions check out Pokepet's thread!

I know rules are needed for sure. We talked about it a bit in the game chat, but i can say this:

"I drunk a bit to much" why should this be out of rules? Isn't it that we:

-should be nice to all players
-Not begging in world chat
-Not encourage drugs and alcohol? Isn't that almost all we need?

Look at other chats of other games. When you are just talk normal against players and have fun its fine,

The only argument is that there are childeren. Doesn't see childeren that can read all kind of stuff? They will talk about it, as teacher i know its not a bad thing you talk about it. Just not encourage it.

I would change that, it kills chat deadly.
So, since not enough people bother to...
I'll do a list.

feel free to agree / disagree on an point.
i tried to consider everything suggested.
the explanation will be at the bottom.

General Rules

1. Using any kind of bot, software or tool to farm Monsters, gold etc. is strictly prohibited.

2.Buying or selling gold, Monsters, and/or items for real money is strictly prohibited. Those found selling for real money will be permanently banned from the game immediately. 
To prevent the permanent ban, you're required to donate an equal amount to the game.

3. Usernames which contain inappropriate words, like curses, sexual, racist, references to drugs/alcohol/inappropriate persons, and/or offensive/provocative slurs are strictly prohibited. Users with those names will be warned and given 24 hours to either change their name or create a new Account. Ignoring the warning or refusing to change it will result in that account's deletion.

4.Usegame profile avatars must not contain sexual, violent or in any other way PG unsuited imagery.

Chat Rules :

1. No spamming. The following is considered spamming (Global Chat) :

> Posting more than 6 times in a row. 
> Repeatedly posting comments that consist of one word, letter, number, or symbol.

2. Do not share personal information. (E.g. Full name or Phone number)

3. No roleplaying. (Random Chat is the only chat allowing it.)

4. Swearing or bypassing the Wordfilter is strictly prohibited.

5. No linking to Competitor or harmful sites.

6. No baiting Moderators.

7. Don't encourage Players to consume drugs / alcohol etc.

8. No repeated begging or asking for free Monsters, gold or items.

9. No flaming, trolling or harrassing other players for the purpose of inciter anger or frustration.

10. Speak the language assigned to each chat.(English on Global Chat)
> Greetings are allowed.
> Using a foreign language to explain it's english only, is also fine.

11. Some topics are prone to create arguments, those topics are to be dropped once it turns heated. (Example of such would be Politics or Religion.)

12. If a moderator advises, that a topic needs to be dropped, it needs to be dropped immediately.

14. No sexual commentary or harrassment

No warning before ban:

1.Do not circumvent a ban by loggin in to another account.

Trade Chat:

1. Trade Chat is the only chat allowing advertises and selling/ trading requests.

2. No more than 5 posts in a row

3. Wait till your message is out of the viewable section before posting the same again.

Random Chat:

Everything's allowed except for :

1. Swearing/ bypasing the wordfilter.

2. No flaming /harrassing other Players.

3. No discriminating / insulting posts.

4. No Sexual commentary and/or jokes.

Guild Chat:

The Guild Leader states what's allowed and what isn't.

1. Should not be hurtful towards the Game (E.g. Using it solely to trash talk it and to advertise other games etc.)

Moderator Rules:

1. All Moderators are to follow the rules at all times. Repeated failure to do so will result in the loss of the title.

2. Moderators need to stay updated on the rules.

3. Abusing your power in any way, even jokefully is not allowed.

4. A CM's job is to ensure no Chat rules are broken while they're online.

5.SCMs are to watch on CMs aswell. GAs are to watch on SCMs and CMs.

Other:

1. If you lend gold, items and/or Monsters to other players, and they do not return it, Moderators are not responsible for your poor judgement. Use cautious when giving your stuff to other players.

2. Moderators are not resposible if your Account is fished or hacked, because you used a link posted in Chat or PM.

3. You are responsible for your accounts activites. Blaming other people (eg. family, friends etc.) is not an acceptable excuse for misbehaving or breaking the rules, you will still be held accountable.

Alrighty.
Still alot, but it's just an idea.
We cannot and should not ensure that no children are impacted negatively. It's their parent's responsibility to let them play the game.
Yet still, we got a lot of younger players and don't have to push those topics right into their faces.

Therefore i kept the general game rules for it.

I generally eased up all rules except for a few which i myself deem crucial.

I also cleared out what's allowed on what chat.

so check it out and give me feedback.

The Rekfast Club
I agree with all I see here.if I think of anything to add will suggest.all looks good.nice work. : )
I do like that. It's simplified and allows for the Moderators to actually do their job. It will also allow for a more free chat for users. 

The ONE thing I'd add is directly insulting the game isn't allowed. For example "I wish this game had this or that" or "I hate when this happens" or "ugh this game frustrates me soo much sometimes" would all be allowed. On the other hand "This game sucks" or "this game isn't worth my time, i'm leaving" are auto deletes by mods and those that continue after a warning will be banned.

All that said, brilliantly done. Thanks for putting in so much time Galliant.
good work gallSmile
i support fully Big Grin this makes the rules much clearer so people dont try to make loopholes as well, great list ^^ and i agree with you aswell knost
(2016-10-15, 03:47 PM)Galliant Wrote: So, since not enough people bother to...
I'll do a list.

feel free to agree / disagree on an point.
i tried to consider everything suggested.
the explanation will be at the bottom.

General Rules

1. Using any kind of bot, software or tool to farm Monsters, gold etc. is strictly prohibited.

2.Buying or selling gold, Monsters, and/or items for real money is strictly prohibited. Those found selling for real money will be permanently banned from the game immediately. 
To prevent the permanent ban, you're required to donate an equal amount to the game.

4.Usegame profile avatars must not contain sexual, violent or in any other way PG unsuited imagery.

Chat Rules :

1. No spamming. The following is considered spamming (Global Chat) :

> Posting more than 6 times in a row. 
> Repeatedly posting comments that consist of one word, letter, number, or symbol.

2. Do not share personal information. (E.g. Full name or Phone number)

3. No roleplaying. (Random Chat is the only chat allowing it.)

4. Swearing or bypassing the Wordfilter is strictly prohibited.

5. No linking to Competitor or harmful sites.

6. No baiting Moderators.

7. Don't encourage Players to consume drugs / alcohol etc.

8. No repeated begging or asking for free Monsters, gold or items.

9. No flaming, trolling or harrassing other players for the purpose of inciter anger or frustration.

10. Speak the language assigned to each chat.(English on Global Chat)
> Greetings are allowed.
> Using a foreign language to explain it's english only, is also fine.

11. Some topics are prone to create arguments, those topics are to be dropped once it turns heated. (Example of such would be Politics or Religion.)

12. If a moderator advises, that a topic needs to be dropped, it needs to be dropped immediately.

14. No sexual commentary or harrassment

No warning before ban:

1.Do not circumvent a ban by loggin in to another account.

Trade Chat:

1. Trade Chat is the only chat allowing advertises and selling/ trading requests.

2. No more than 5 posts in a row

3. Wait till your message is out of the viewable section before posting the same again.

Random Chat:

Everything's allowed except for :

1. Swearing/ bypasing the wordfilter.

2. No flaming /harrassing other Players.

3. No discriminating / insulting posts.

4. No Sexual commentary and/or jokes.

Guild Chat:

The Guild Leader states what's allowed and what isn't.

1. Should not be hurtful towards the Game (E.g. Using it solely to trash talk it and to advertise other games etc.)

Moderator Rules:

1. All Moderators are to follow the rules at all times. Repeated failure to do so will result in the loss of the title.

2. Moderators need to stay updated on the rules.

3. Abusing your power in any way, even jokefully is not allowed.

4. A CM's job is to ensure no Chat rules are broken while they're online.

5.SCMs are to watch on CMs aswell. GAs are to watch on SCMs and CMs.

Other:

1. If you lend gold, items and/or Monsters to other players, and they do not return it, Moderators are not responsible for your poor judgement. Use cautious when giving your stuff to other players.

2. Moderators are not resposible if your Account is fished or hacked, because you used a link posted in Chat or PM.

3. You are responsible for your accounts activites. Blaming other people (eg. family, friends etc.) is not an acceptable excuse for misbehaving or breaking the rules, you will still be held accountable.

Alrighty.
Still alot, but it's just an idea.
We cannot and should not ensure that no children are impacted negatively. It's their parent's responsibility to let them play the game.
Yet still, we got a lot of younger players and don't have to push those topics right into their faces.

Therefore i kept the general game rules for it.

I generally eased up all rules except for a few which i myself deem crucial.

I also cleared out what's allowed on what chat.

so check it out and give me feedback.
just a quick question before i post my thoughts. 
Is this. 
A. A simpler explanation of the current rules
B. Suggestions people made for changes To these rules.
C. A combination of both?
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
Like i said,  it's a list solely for the purpose of making people agree / disagree / suggest. 
It's created via meeting compromises of PP's thread wishes and this game's, while still somewhat keeping the crucial ones.

The Rekfast Club