Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control Panel/Profile Suggestions
We all want to change our passwords from time to time... but what about our usernames? Some people may want to change their usernames if they get tired of it. I call myself TexasToast all over the place, but I got tired of the toast, and I want to be Glace Myst. The reason I want this implemented is because I don't want an alternate account. If I were to change my game identity without this feature, I'd have to transfer all my monsters, items, and gold, beg for the implementation of tradable starters, and sell the old account. It's a long, painful, and unlikely process one would have to go through.

I'm not sure if this would ever be implemented, and if it were, it would have to be during the massive update. The site would have to recognize the change (easy, since it could recognize changed passwords). If this couldn't be done, there would have to be a distinction between usernames used in login and screen names visible to other players. Plus, (more immature) people would start changing all the time, confusing other players. I want this feature, but it's for my own gain, and it might not necessarily benefit everyone on the site. I just thought it would be a cool little feature.

Now that that's over, it would ALSO be cool if players could write a short description of themselves that appears on their profile page. Of course, it would have to follow site regulations: no profanity, no personal information, blah blah blah. It still could give a leeeeeetle bit of insight into the person's personality, even if they pose as fictional characters or aliens or claim to live on the Internet. It would have a certain character limit, of course.

Leave your thoughts below.
~TexasToast--er, I mean, Glace Myst
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
I support
[Image: GildartzSigfinished.png]
Be Blinded By My Prowess
Starters will never be traded or sold. Only donated ones. :/

(2012-07-21, 06:10 PM)TexasToast Wrote: I want this feature, but it's for my own gain, and it might not necessarily benefit everyone on the site. I just thought it would be a cool little feature.
^A suggestion for your own benefit? Tongue

Also, the "short description" was already suggested.

I don't support Tongue
(2012-07-21, 07:34 PM)Kamidara Wrote: Starters will never be traded or sold. Only donated ones. :/

(2012-07-21, 06:10 PM)TexasToast Wrote: I want this feature, but it's for my own gain, and it might not necessarily benefit everyone on the site. I just thought it would be a cool little feature.
^A suggestion for your own benefit? Tongue

Also, the "short description" was already suggested.

I don't support Tongue
I dont support either.Cefurkan has already decided that you have to donate a certain amount of money to change your name and as he said in the opening people would just abbuse it.
We are currently looking for new members of our guild, and we are willing to help people in learning more about this game.

If you are interested in joining our guild, you may sign up here:
http://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-Averium-Union
Cant you change your name by donating...? but i dont support cuz it would be too many people using it wrong in the chat.. that would just been stupid imo^^
But i kind of support your other suggestion with the info stuff Big Grin but again you can write info about yourself here on the forum...
[Image: mmorpgp.jpg]
My imaginary friend thinks you have serious mental problems!
You have to put a time limit on these kinds of things. If you want to change your username, why not make it so you can only change your username once every 2 months?

Something like that.
It would still be confusing though... i think its great to have it the way it is, by donating^^
[Image: mmorpgp.jpg]
My imaginary friend thinks you have serious mental problems!
usernames..: mega donators+ are allowed to change//
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
Unfortunately, not supporting. Changing usernames are done by donating... no other way. The way my friend did to change name was to create a new account, and traded everything from the old account to his new account for a junk monster.

But about the info... it has already been suggested
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
i like the way it is
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
cf will have a disadvantage if this happens =_=
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
Ahhhh... I see how it is. I was unaware that username changes could be performed using donations. (And the info box has already been suggested...) I apologize for my ignorance. XP (Perhaps I'll donate later on in my career... *evil smirk*)
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
(2012-07-22, 03:32 AM)Ramza_X Wrote: Unfortunately, not supporting. Changing usernames are done by donating... no other way. The way my friend did to change name was to create a new account, and traded everything from the old account to his new account for a junk monster.

But about the info... it has already been suggested
Which is why spending real money in order to change a username is totally....

That's not even economical. its more of a scam than anything. A good way to throw away money, especially since it takes almost zero effort to change said names, at least on the forums. A few clicks, type a bit here, confirm. I've done it before at other forums.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
And you can create more accounts. <-- Free of charge. CeFurkan allows IP change.

In the update, you'll be able to change your starter as well.