Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So far in this game PvP is pretty cut and dry, so I have an idea to spice up PvP and add a competitive edge to this game. It would be awesome to have diffrent Tiers for competitive play (Yes take a page out of Smogen). So here's a basic brain storm of my idea:
Tiers:
  • Uber (U)
  • Very Overused (VO)
  • Overused (OU)
  • Underused (UU)
  • Very Underused (VU)
  • No Class (NC) (Monsters that aren't fully evolved would go here)
An arena where this "Official PvP" could be played with a Monster Center right outside of it that has a feature to set multiple teams (Like set a team for each class) for easy switching. Now we could have "Leagues" for each of the Tiers that each have their own rank, and have a set day for which these league matches could be played. Matches would also be randomized to prevent people from play the same person over and over to basically "Cheat" but the system could be set up to match you with someone closer to your rank.
This is all I can come up with as of right now, but I think this would benefit the game a lot, it would encourage people to catch all the Monsters not the "The Best Ones" and would bring more strategy into picking your team because you don't know who you'll be up to face. I do understand this is kind of a "Big" suggestion and would take some time to implement, but in my opinion would be worth it.
Please, I encourage you guys to ask questions or comment about this idea, thanks.
I think the game is already broken up into these tiers with the separation of stats of starters-regulars-superiors-emissaries-zenths-legendary.

Legendary monsters are already uber as well as overused
zeniths are also uber and overused
emissaries I would debate are mix of overused and underused
superiors and under are strictly "vu"

Before we could implement this idea I feel "https://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-Class-System-Suggestion-AriaSings" should be implemented first as both ideas would compliment each other

"For what is a man, what has he got. If not himself, then he has naught" - Frank Sinatra
[Image: 2ppzlnp.jpg]
Yes, I actually thought about mentioning that in my original post, I think they would go very well together.
competitive metagame is being worked on by some members but your idea of a arena for pvp is good
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
(2011-12-14, 06:48 PM)Pein Wrote: competitive metagame is being worked on by some members but your idea of a arena for pvp is good
Yeah, I really would like to have a set day for each Tier so there would be more people looking for matches that day instead of a lesser amount looking each day. I'd love to speak with those members and throw around ideas with them about a competitive metagame.

Pein your link is broken :/
also,I believe Lamb already made a tiers list we are unofficially using for now.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Lamb's list is based on the actual classing of the monster, say Deidara's class suggestion goes through, Lamb's tiers are then outdated... Unless I'm missing something....
Why are you using me? O.o What did I do? Idk you! :<
that was ariasings suggestion. :/
and cefurkan already posted saYING THAT ATM HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN ABOLISHING CLASS RANKINGS.
ALSO,LAMBS TIERS WERE MEANT TO BE A TEMPORARY STOPGAP.
(the strikethru is for the allcaps of it.the message in it still stands.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Why does no one read the text in red?! e.e
(2011-12-14, 07:28 PM)Deidara Wrote: Why are you using me? O.o What did I do? Idk you! :<
Lol, I'm not against you at all :o
I actually like the idea of getting rid of classes, but on the other hand moving to Tiers, that all can be used and can change depending on how the Monster does competitively.

(2011-12-14, 07:28 PM)orboknown Wrote: that was ariasings suggestion. :/
and cefurkan already posted saYING THAT ATM HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN ABOLISHING CLASS RANKINGS.
ALSO,LAMBS TIERS WERE MEANT TO BE A TEMPORARY STOPGAP.
(the strikethru is for the allcaps of it.the message in it still stands.

He dosen't have to "Abolish" the class rankings, but simply change them, I don't understand why Cefurkan wouldn't mind adding in what I've suggested, if anything it'd get more people to the game and encourage them to donate in a way to get the UV's to help them compete competitively.
and sorry. AriaSings suggestion*

(2011-12-14, 06:40 PM)LiL CsG Wrote: So far in this game PvP is pretty cut and dry, so I have an idea to spice up PvP and add a competitive edge to this game. It would be awesome to have diffrent Tiers for competitive play (Yes take a page out of Smogon). So here's a basic brain storm of my idea:

It's Smogon not Smogen lol. Anyway, I was actually considering to make the tiers for competitive play similar to what you have, but the problem is that we don't have access to usage stats. If we had usage stats then we could implement what you have suggested, but since we don't have access to any usage stats, we can't use this method for determining tiers. Therefore, my way will have to do for now.
I vote Lamb's way, now, tomorrow, and forever '-'

Not really forever :3
Quote:It's Smogon not Smogen lol. Anyway, I was actually considering to make the tiers
for competitive play similar to what you have, but the problem is that we don't
have access to usage stats. If we had usage stats then we could implement what
you have suggested, but since we don't have access to any usage stats, we can't
use this method for determining tiers. Therefore, my
way
will have to do for now.
Lol my bad, didn't notice I mis-typed it I was just waking up while making this post.
If you wanted to make that I can help you, if you want to create a "Competitive League" or Tourny, on your own. I could do it the old fashion way and just have people inbox me and I can make a table on a spreadsheet....But that's a diffrent topic.
Hopefully
There will be pvp maps same system with knightonline
There will be live tournaments

So be patient.