Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cerebrain redesign debate, please comment
Lightbulb 
Hello everyone!

I just thought I share one of my next works with you and ask your opinion about it.
The next monster I'm assigned to redesign is Cerebrain. I really like the original concept of using "cerebral brain" for the name and neurons for the design. It is most definetly very original, garbagekeeper did a great job, which I wanted to respect in the redesign. However I couldn't decide between two possible options.

First off It was hard for me to see a creature cute, if it has a visible brain/detailed. So I designed a version with the brain being a bit more subtle but still recognizable part of the Cerebrain.

But I had another idea about it being more realistic, which design I based on an embrio. The brain (and eyes) being visible through the jelly like material the body is made of.

Take a look!

[Image: cerebrain_sketches_by_hegedusroberto-d6qcrtg.png]

So, that's it, take a look at the designs and tell me your opinion. Would you like to see a cuter or a detailed version, or you have things that you like in each version and you would like me to combine them.

Thank you and leave a comment below! Big Grin

[EDITED:]
Thank you all for your input! Here is the finished version of Cerebrain!
Hope you all like it! Blush
[Image: cerebrain_by_hegedusroberto-d6r29u5.png]
Not bad.....i prefer the detailed one though
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
I like the cuter version but I'm very interested in a combination of both.
Very nice but I would like to see the detailed one when it's finishedBig Grin
Cannot resist dat cute verson <3

Big Grin
Ooh cool another redraw Big Grin Hm... I agree with Dei, a combination of both would be really nice... Otherwise, I prefer with the detailed.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=448]
~^±|I|±^~Pyro Piglet~^±|I|±^~ 
»»»»»»[IGN: Tanklet]««««««
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
(2013-10-14, 06:54 AM)Pyro Piglet Wrote: Ooh cool another redraw Big Grin Hm... I agree with Dei, a combination of both would be really nice... Otherwise, I prefer with the detailed.

Thank you very much. I got to ask you what do you like in certain versions. I don't know how to combine them, that's why I opened the thread to discuss, which elements people like more.

(for example: you like the spiky protrusions, the eye not being visible through the skin but the brain made as shown in the detailed version.)

Thank you Big Grin

(2013-10-13, 10:26 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: I like the cuter version but I'm very interested in a combination of both.

Thank you, glad you like it :3
Can you tell me which elements you like more in certain version, so I can try to combine them better?
(2013-10-14, 07:42 AM)Robert Fiddler Wrote:
(2013-10-14, 06:54 AM)Pyro Piglet Wrote: Ooh cool another redraw Big Grin Hm... I agree with Dei, a combination of both would be really nice... Otherwise, I prefer with the detailed.

Thank you very much. I got to ask you what do you like in certain versions. I don't know how to combine them, that's why I opened the thread to discuss, which elements people like more.

(for example: you like the spiky protrusions, the eye not being visible through the skin but the brain made as shown in the detailed version.)

Thank you Big Grin

(2013-10-13, 10:26 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: I like the cuter version but I'm very interested in a combination of both.

Thank you, glad you like it :3
Can you tell me which elements you like more in certain version, so I can try to combine them better?

Your very welcome Smile We all appreciate the work artists do for us.

Hm I like the detailed version in general - although the mash-up could include having paws instead of claws, protrusions could be spiky I suppose, and the face being more cute rather than menacing? (I like open eyes though)

Although, it is your artwork so however you choose to draw it should be good. Wink
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
The visible brain combined with some cuteness... I'd see a good monster that can turn something that would normally not like to be seen into something cute.
The little claws too... O:

It can look dangerous while holding a lot of cuteness as a surprise *-*
(I have no idea what I'm talking about anymore..)
Detailed version, by far. I don't think the cute version looks all that cute.
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
Left most and I would say have the tail just to the back and not the front in it's mouth, look forward to seeing which version you do and add your touch to it.
.: If The Sky Is Blue... Then I'm A Muffin :.
[Image: stromeleon_sig_01_by_gmc_aniki-d6bgozd.png]
.:My Alt Accounts:.
STROMELEON|DIMAGEM|JAGHOUL|SERPEROR
But I Do Not Play Anymore
nice  id prefer the detailed one withe the cuter one's brain
Thank you all for your input! Here is the finished version of Cerebrain!
Hope you all like it! Blush

[Image: cerebrain_by_hegedusroberto-d6r29u5.png]
AmazingBig Grin
Omg......thats beautiful Blush
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
i totally expected this awesome
i also think pretty good :d
It looks brilliant! Big Grin Good job once again Robert!
Love the transparency!
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack