Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Haven't roleplayed before...but oh well

Name of character: Fen Stins (Male)
Starter: Solosis
Starting Town: Dewford Town
Background: Fen never left on the age old pokemon journey when he was 10 because he had to care for his sick mother. It's now been two years since her passing and he never knew his father. He stays in contact with his two childhood friends Kyle and Natalie (who are travelling the world) but lately has been in a slump. One day when working at the Dewford Town docks he finds a package labeled for him. Inside is a pokeball with a baby Solosis contained inside. He isn't sure what to do next.
Personality: Fen means well although he can sometimes be a little naive about the world and people. He has had very little contact with pokemon since his best friends Kyle and Natalie left on their journey and he began caring for his ill mother. As a child he was open and fun, but ever since his friends left he fell into himself and became very quiet. He has convinced people and himself that he wants to continue working at the docks for the rest of his life, even though his heart isn't really in it.
Appearance: Short brown Hair, Green Eyes, his clothing varies. Generally uninteresting to look at.
"Ok fine," said Ve, "but why not just destroy that ball?" He went to grab the ball but it sent out some kind of eletric charge that blasted him backwards strait into the counter. "Let's try projectile, Marshstomp mud shot." The ball just blasted the mud away and splaterd it everywhere.
#1 shaymin addict
[Image: ShayminBOTW.png]
----Regarding Orboknown----
((First things first, though I'm not sure of it, I'm fairly sure the Snag Machine works only on Shadow Pokemon--everything else you capture normally. XD
And which route? Depending on whether you go North or South, you'll find completely different Pokemon.))

----Regarding Dizzard----
((Accepted. It looks like your character didn't exactly apply to be an official trainer, so I won't do an initiation for you. ;3
Go start on your journey! *cough* Finally. XD

----Regarding v67co----
"Well, I guess that would be as good a reason as any to just run," Axys commented wryly. "By now, they'd have seen it anyways. Come on, let's skedaddle." Before the stubborn trainer person could stall any further, he grabbed him by the collar and dragged him off into an alley and then over to the Mauville Game Corner. "We can lay low here for a while, since there's lots of people around to take off attention," Axys muttered, still dragging Ve. "In the meantime, you might want to play some slots." With quick fingers, he snatched a Coin Case from an engrossed patron. "Here's a Coin Case to hold your coins. Have fun!" Axys slid away before Ve could complain further, presumably to pursue other illegal activities.
((On a side note, there are 1017 coins in your Coin Case. If you want, you can give it back, I guess. Or do other stuff.))
(I know.err,lets go north.)
Striking north,Michael searched all day for shadow pokemon. Forgoing lunch,he pushed northward infatuigably.With the sun setting, Michael was about to give up when the snag machine clicked to life.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
"Gee that was abrupt," Ve said as he rubbed his neck. He sat there for a bit wondering what he should do next when he feels a tug on his shirt. "Not now marshtomp i'm- wait a minute marshtomps in its pokeball." Ve looks down and see a rather worried looking pocheyana. "Your really worried about me aren't you... hey would you like to be my pokemon?" The pocheyana nodded in agreement and Ve threw a pokeball. It wiggled a few times and then went click.
#1 shaymin addict
----Regarding Orboknown----
An extremely eager youngster suddenly spotted Michael. "Hey! Let's battle with this new Pokemon someone gave me!" he called out. And with that, the battle started. "Go, Spinda!" he cheered. He seemed quite oblivious to the negativity that the Spinda practically oozed out.
And unobserved in the grove of trees nearby, a Cypher Minion watched. He muttered into his log, "Shadow field test begins now. Recipient has challenged an opponent. Observations show Spinda to have greater control over its actions than previous prototypes."

----Regarding v67co----
((Well...that was random. Especially considering you're inside the Game Corner, where by all rights there should be no Pokemon around that aren't already someone else's. XD
Continue on, I guess. Try to make up some reason that the Poochyena was there in the first place, or I'll have to have you erase that post. :P))
((lets say he liked hiding in there))
Ve went outside trying to keep a low cover. As he got out of the city he noticed some berries. "Alright! Might as well stock up for my journey." After picking all of the berries he stared walking under the bicycle road. After a few pokemon battles and a bunch of wild pokemon encounters him and his two pokemon were pretty beat up. He was almost at the end when he was tripped, doing a face plant into a pile of mud.
#1 shaymin addict
When the spinda appeared,The snag machine flashed."That monster is bractically bleeding shadow energy.."
Go beldum!
Michael eyed his opponent,waiting for it to make the first move.
Fen held the small package in his hands. There was no mistaking it, his name was on the front. "Why would it just be sitting out on the pier though?" he wondered. He opened the package to find a small pokeball inside. "A pokeball...?" he said out loud.

"Oooh what did you get!?" came a voice from behind him. Fen turned around to see Trinny, one of the neighbourhood children. The children often played near the pier in the afternoon after school. "Trinny, shouldn't you be heading home soon? You're mother will be worried sick." Fen said. "Pah, don't mind her....what did you get!?" she asked impatiently. "It's just a pokeball" Fen replied. "Not just any pokeball, it's a pokeball with a pokemon in it!" Trinny exclaimed. "....How you can you tell?" Fen asked. "Just can....." she replied.

"Well aren't you going to see what pokemon it is?" Trinny asked. "Or are you just going to stand there looking like a Psyduck?"

Fen held up the pokeball and threw it into the air. "Solo..sis!" as it came out of it's pokeball Fen saw a baby Solosis rolling around on the ground. "Aww it's just a baby" Trinny exclaimed. "It is pretty cute" Fen said. "Ooh Solosis is a Psychic type....you should go challenge Brawly. He uses Fighting types, you'll whip his ass!" Trinny said.

"Hang on a minute" Fen said. "There's no way I could be any good against a gym leader....I haven't had any practice or anything" He replied. "Hmm, well in that case you should go explore Granite Cave....it's full of pokemon....at least I'm guessing." She replied.

"Alright, I'll go have a look. Solosis....hey what do you say we go to Granite Cave to train?" Fen asked. "Solo Solo" Solosis gurgled while rolling around in a circle.

(Hope that was ok, it's hard thinking up the story)
((@orbo and v67co
Why are you stopping there? If you're going to learn to RP better you're gonna have to do some without me. XP
And now is the perfect opportunity for you guys.
Go on your own. Try not to be too overpowered, v67co, BTW. :P

@Dizzard
OK? That was far more than OK. ;P
Just wondering, will Trinny be a recurring character?))
((Ah, sorry for not posting @.@ ...Youngster Joey, I thought I left him back in Johto...More like lowest percent!!! To everyone who gets the reference, good on ya. =3))

Evan sighs, because he had wanted to win the prize. He walks to the exit, happy to at least have caught Carvanha and Duskull. He walks outside and looks around. He spies Alice sitting underneath a tree, poking at her Poke Ball. She sees him, smiles and waves him over. "Hey Alice," he says when he gets over to where she's sitting, "You said you were going to tell me about your Poochyena? Tell away." He sits down next to her and stretches his legs. She nods and begins talking. "My Poochyena is what you'd call a Shadow Pokemon," she says, "Shadow Pokemon are Pokemon who have had their hearts artificially closed, making them crazy strong. My boss gave me this one the third day after I joined. They also took my Chikorita and said they'd make her a Shadow Pokemon too, but since she loved me so much, it would take a while. I'm supposed to report in tomorrow and get her." Evan looks a bit shocked, "But, if your Chikorita's heart is closed, that means that she doesn't love you anymore. She's just a fighting machine, that's awful!" Alice looks down at the ball in her hands and slowly nods. "I know, and it feels awful. But they told me she'd be stronger than ever, and that the only way her heart could ever be reopened is with a legendary Pokemon's powers. They never told me what Pokemon though, so I doubt I'll be able to fix it." She begins to cry a bit and Evan pats her on the back. "It's alright, tell ya what," he says, "I was going to try and challenge some gyms, instead, I'll help you find the legendary Pokemon you need, and we'll fix up your Chikorita!" She looks at him and wipes her tears, "You...you'd do that for me? It seems like a lot of trouble for someone you just met..." Evan smiles and nods, "Of course!" he says, "I'm just a nice person like that. The gyms seem like a lot more trouble, so let's do this first." Alice smiles at Evan's kindness and says, "Alright then, it's settled. I'll get Chikorita in Mauville tomorrow, and we'll find the legendary Pokemon!" They both nod in agreement, get up, and head on the path toward's Fortree, their first stop on their trip to Mauville.

((Once again, I apologize for not postin' for a bit, ahah. I broke my laptop and just got one a couple days ago. Tongue))
[Image: greyvodo.png]
----Regarding Grey----((Seems somewhat of an odd story. Tongue
Guess I'm fine with that.))
Just then the announcer walked out of the building. He seemed to be looking for someone, and when he saw Evan it became clear that he was looking for Grey. "Hey! Evan, it was? Can I talk with you?" He frowned a little when he saw Alice beside him. "Ah, you were the young lady with the Houndour. This actually concerns you as well, but..." As if he was trying to shake off some bad thoughts, he turned back to Evan. "Let's just talk somewhere. Preferably without spectators," he said, staring at Alice. "This might be somewhat important to hear about that Pokemon you just caught."
((I was wondering where you went. XD
Good to have you back.

@v67co
It is indeed a great place to introduce some thugs or something. I want you to introduce the thugs. Get some practice. And delete or edit that post, it doesn't need to exist. ;P))
Evan shrugged and followed the man, with Alice behind him.

((Erm, not sure what to do, just followin' you I guess. @.@))
The spinda dashed in to use tackle,trying to take bedlum out early.
((OOC- is this an anime style fight or game style fight? that changes what i would do here-/OOC))
((Bumpin' real quick...still waiting, Gboss.))
((Sorry, been REALLY overloaded with homework recently. @_@
@orbo
Anime.))
The announcer looked disapprovingly at Alice, but apparently decided that chasing her away would be more work than wise. "Alright, my name's Tyler," he said. "I used to be a reporter, but I decided to take a break for a while as an announcer. I still have a lot of info in my head, though, and the info I have on what you have just caught is a bit...worrying." Here he paused.
"The basic info is, it's currently something called a 'Shadow Pokemon', where it's heart is closed off so that it can...I'm sorry, have you heard this before?" He stopped talking as it became apparent that Evan was getting impatient. "In any case," he continued, "Those types of Pokemon are the trademark of the notorious crime organization known as Cipher. A Shadow Pokemon being present here in Hoenn is a cause for concern. I guess what I'm trying to say is, do you know what you're getting into?" He took on a worried look. "If you're planning to mess around with what they're doing, you might find you've bitten off more than you can chew."
Name of character: Gray Fullbuster
Starter: Ralts
Starting Town: Dewford Town
Background: Born in Twinleaf Town. Popular.
Personality: Lonely, Smart, Helpful, Happy.
Appearance: Blonde Wild hair, Green shorts, Black Shirt, Black scarf, Neon Green shoes
[Image: 11926951_m.png] Fairy Tail!!!
((Aight Gbozz))
Beldum rolled out of the spinda's way, dodging the attack easily."Beldum. use Iron Head!" Michael watched as the spinda took a direct hit."Now follow up with Zen headbutt!" Thiis time the attack only glanced the spinda, but it was enough to throw it off balance and fall to one side.
((OOC-Can i get a check on my chances of using the snag machine on it?"/OOC))
((finally back)) Ve looks behind him a sees a big rock. "Jeez... how did i miss that. Stupid rock." Ve throws the rock into the water watches it sink. He then realizes that the rock is flailing and ses that it is a geodude. "Oh no! Marshtop save it." Marshtop pops out of his pokeball and saves the geodude. " Now go pokeball." Ve throws a pokeball and it hits the geodude. It wiggles a few times and stops. He had caught another pokemon. He contiues down the path until he comes upon a house. He walks in and suddenly gets the feeling someone is watching him. "This plant? No. The other plant? No. The cabniet? No. The fridge? Hey an apple!" He closes the fridge while munching on the apple and scraches his head. Where could that person be? Ve thought. Then he noticed the table. He went and checked under the table and sure enough there was a man hiding there.
#1 shaymin addict

((@v67co
You found the Trick Master's house? I love you. XD
@orbo
Generally speaking, you won't find Shadow Pokemon in the wild, since Shadow-ness can only be man-made. So, if you're going to randomly find a Shadow Pokemon, it means that someone is testing you. You can choose who. That being said, if it's a Shadow Pokemon, you can catch it the same way you catch a normal Pokemon. The lower in HP, the better your Pokeball, etc.
The Snag Machine, for the purposes of this RP, will also let you see an opponent's HP, and can produce a map that shows if there are any Shadow Pokemon within the vicinity.
@IcyGray
Mm...I guess I'll accept you, for now. Do your best! >:)
Or I keel you. That goes for everyone.
Now, do you want an intro, or do you want to go Dizzard or Dawn's route, where you start out on your own?

@everyone
Don't forget about your Pokegear! It's basically your iPhone, with a GPS system and optional Angry Spearows, Nincadajump, or Fruit Farfetch'd if you buy those apps, and also lets you see if there are any trainers around you, and whether they want a battle.))
((Can i get an hp check then?
and you said it was a shadow pokemon))
what can I be
((it wouldn't be hoenn without trick master and are the apps free?))
The strange man jumped up and started saying how amazing he was for finding him and that behind the door was a giant maze. Ve just sat there munching on his apple waiting for him to get to the point but then he said something about a prize for completing the maze, which got Ve's attention. when he finished Ve jumped up. He shook hands and thanked him. The Ve recklessly ran into the maze. ((i can't think of one so i'll let you decide))
#1 shaymin addict
((Aboot time. :3))

Evan looked at Alice, then back at Tyler. "Uh...I'm pretty sure I can handle it." He smiles and then nods his head vigorously. "Actually, I know I can do it! I'm gonna try my best!" Evan does a little fist pump and shakes the man's hand. "Thank you for the warning, sir. I'll try to be a bit careful." With that, Evan and Alice begin making their way down Route 121, ready to take on Evan's first gym leader.
----Regarding Orboknown----((@orbo
Right. Got to step up my game. XP))
The Snag machine started to flash, and the scan screen extended over Michael's eye. A circle with colored bars, indicating Spinda's remaining stamina, was quickly losing the green bars and becoming a red circle segment. It wouldn't be too hard to catch now.

----Regarding v67co----
((No, the apps aren't free. :P
But they're fairly cheap.
Anyways, this room should be Trick Room 1. The goal is to find the scroll which contains the secret message and then escape the room. There are some trainers who can find you if you aren't careful. Let's have room 1's prize be a Super Potion.))

----Regarding Grey----
Tyler watched the trainer go with still some apprehension. However, he couldn't say that age had nothing to do with talent; his meetings with Ruby had already proved that. Regardless, he pulled out his Pokenav and dialed a number. "Mr. Stern? It's Tyler. Have you heard about some of the strange goings-on? Oh, you've already taken preparations. Well, listen, there's this kid you should know about..."
((You're free to create things without my interference now. :P))
Michael viewed the shadow pokemon through the eyepiece of the snag machine.
It's weak. Time for the kill.
snapping out a (shadow?) ball, Michael threw it at the pokemon.