Poll: Do you think it's a good Idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
13.33%
Yes and It will make Wild Hunting more entertaining.
20.00%
No.
60.00%
No and I don't really care.
6.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome New Ability Suggestion!
Thumbs Up 
Dear Everyone,

I been thinking about a new ability which is pretty cool to have.

Copycat : 10% Chance of having same nature as user when encountering monsters.

Basically, I got a monster with lets say Hallucination nature and got that ability then I went in the wild looking for monsters, I will have 10% chance that those monsters I will encounter will have same Nature as my monster which is Hallucination.

Monster should be saved as First in your party.

Let me know what you guys think about this and Discussion is opened for everyone!.
I have to disagree with this, as it is, there's enough monsters that lose their usefulness from having expert leader or expert defender.

Remember kids, don't feed the [wild-monster] trolls!
The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow.
Village of the Dragon
[Image: tumblr_mc89crxJQ51qky89ho1_500.png]
Disagree, dont like it cuz everyone will use hallu or trembling copycat monsters to e.g. find trembling grimarrow's faster...
disagree, cause everyone can find ancient with nature he/she want
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=447]
That's the point to make searching more interesting.. It will improve game play by allot. Specially those who like to search for monsters all the time.
It is alright but their is a move called copycat already wouldn't it be abit weird to have a ability to be called the same thing as a move.
[Image: 10fdx8l.jpg]
one day monster power will conquer monstermmorpg and all the guilds in it!!!
no thanks, because then people will spam hallucination and other natures...i'm not sure whether what i said made any sense 0.o
how about 10% chance of nature and -10% chance for good uv's ?
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
I'm totally all about monster hunting. It's what I really enjoy doing. PVP is very secondary for me.

That being said, this would diminish the joy of hunting for me. Hunting is about finding that rare gem, where nature and UVs and abilities all mesh to make awesomeness. Having an ability like this would make those finds far more common and that much less exciting.
Aw.. Well had something like that in pokemon btw. But it's ok I understand what you guys saying. I wonder what Furkan think about this.
(2013-04-20, 06:55 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote: how about 10% chance of nature and -10% chance for good uv's ?

^^^^^^^
(2013-04-20, 09:08 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote:
(2013-04-20, 06:55 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote: how about 10% chance of nature and -10% chance for good uv's ?

^^^^^^^

That sounds good btw.
The ability I want most would be something like you know Pokemon has, that does not allow a monster to suicide it's self to inflict damage. On Pokemon it was called Damp, maybe we can call it something else, I have no clue what to call it though, so maybe if some of you like this idea someone can name it.

I also agree that we should not add a nature that allows a percentage to find the same nature, as mention people would spam it, and hunting would just have no meaning. I do get that ancients are what you mean, but i have no bad feel at getting random nature on them.
.: If The Sky Is Blue... Then I'm A Muffin :.
[Image: stromeleon_sig_01_by_gmc_aniki-d6bgozd.png]
.:My Alt Accounts:.
STROMELEON|DIMAGEM|JAGHOUL|SERPEROR
But I Do Not Play Anymore
(2013-04-21, 07:34 AM)AN1K1 Wrote: The ability I want most would be something like you know Pokemon has, that does not allow a monster to suicide it's self to inflict damage. On Pokemon it was called Damp, maybe we can call it something else, I have no clue what to call it though, so maybe if some of you like this idea someone can name it.

I also agree that we should not add a nature that allows a percentage to find the same nature, as mention people would spam it, and hunting would just have no meaning. I do get that ancients are what you mean, but i have no bad feel at getting random nature on them.

I like the idea of suicide so much.
Maybe sturdy ablity orso ? :o Would be cool but not to overpowered...

We can call the ablity ''surviver'' Smile

How about that ?
Horrible idea,all good pvp monsters would lose value from the large amount theyre will be with same nature.
[Image: 34fxtdy.jpg]
what about +5 % chance and - 5% chance of good uv AND ability * -5% each btw*
Yeah it does kind of take out the point of monster hunting... 
But I think this gets back to the same issue that finding what you want is so hard to find Undecided

And finding the balance of getting what you want but also not making it super common to everyone so easily so 10% seems excessive.

Maybe .01% lol

So I voted "no"...as the 10% is way to high. Im not saying .01% is the right number, but its a starting point for conversation, I think.

I do theoretically like the idea of having the ability of choosing natures and abilities to some degree.

Its cool that everyone wants a Trembling Grimarrow but it would be a kick in the face to anyone that worked so hard to get it.
Seriously you should probably donate for one. :-p

-Uri
(2013-04-21, 10:50 AM)Arlaxeon Wrote: Maybe sturdy ablity orso ? :o Would be cool but not to overpowered...

We can call the ablity ''surviver'' Smile

How about that ?
HMMMmm, Maybe something along a good shield name IMO, like Blast Shield. Description- All moves with a 100% recoil damage range fail to work, moves such as[insert a move for example].
.: If The Sky Is Blue... Then I'm A Muffin :.
[Image: stromeleon_sig_01_by_gmc_aniki-d6bgozd.png]
.:My Alt Accounts:.
STROMELEON|DIMAGEM|JAGHOUL|SERPEROR
But I Do Not Play Anymore
(2013-04-19, 11:25 PM)Aladdin Wrote: Dear Everyone,

I been thinking about a new ability which is pretty cool to have.

Copycat : 10% Chance of having same nature as user when encountering monsters.

Basically, I got a monster with lets say Hallucination nature and got that ability then I went in the wild looking for monsters, I will have 10% chance that those monsters I will encounter will have same Nature as my monster which is Hallucination.

Monster should be saved as First in your party.

Let me know what you guys think about this and Discussion is opened for everyone!.

Cefurkan will not agree with this, not only because players will surely spam on this, but it will definitely destroy the donation process which is the blood life of the game. Meaning, it will destroy the game as a whole.

BTW, it is called Synchronize in Pokemon.
(2013-04-20, 03:44 PM)monster power Wrote: It is alright but their is a move called copycat already wouldn't it be abit weird to have a ability to be called the same thing as a move.

Accelerator, Anger, Berserk, Scary. I wouldn't say the name's the real problem here.

(2013-04-21, 06:32 PM)TheLegendsGuild Wrote: Yeah it does kind of take out the point of monster hunting... 
But I think this gets back to the same issue that finding what you want is so hard to find Undecided

And finding the balance of getting what you want but also not making it super common to everyone so easily so 10% seems excessive.

Maybe .01% lol

So I voted "no"...as the 10% is way to high. Im not saying .01% is the right number, but its a starting point for conversation, I think.
-Uri

So you want it to give you less of a chance?

I understand it was an example, but every nature has a 1/100 chance; .01% would be a 1/10,000 chance...

---

Anyways, I'm not against the idea, first of all, it's a wasted ability slot, so you'll actually need to work harder to find what you want without 'Expert Hunter' or whatever. (Copycat feels too... meh.)

Secondly, unless you start off the battle with that monster, you won't get the chance increase, so you better hope you can take a hit.

Third, if this is just to increase the wanted nature on already rare legendaries - ancients, what are your chances of finding them anyways? Slim, so a 1/10 (or better yet, 5% = 1/20) chance to get the nature that you want is barely increased.

With a 5% chance, you'd need to find about 20 of the darned powerful beasts just to get what you want, so I'm not seeing the issue here. Plus, it's not like it guarantees nice abilities or UV's, and what not.

I don't support (mostly cause I don't want another battle useless ability), but I also don't think it's a bad idea. It's worth a shot at least.
[Image: Mud_Legion_by_Kwihll-SigAlt.png]
In-game Account Name: Zelfore
New Ability Names should be changed for better meaning