Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ancient Ruins system would be the system in place that would be the method of finding Ancients in the game. Ancient Ruins would be extremely difficult to travel through. To make it to Level 5 would require a great team, great planning, many items, and patience.

The main factors of Ancient Ruins----

1. Each Major City in game will have 1 or more Ancient Ruin entrances. These can only be accessed with the proper Ancient Gem obtained from defeating an Ancient Sage. Different cities will have different Ancient Ruins.
  2. Increased Experience
  3. Increased Gold
  4. All Monsters except for Ancients uncatchable.
  5. You cannot run away from any Monster.
  6. NPCs will attack you on sight. You cannot run.
  7. Harder to defeat Monsters.
  8. Harder to defeat NPCs.
  9. Ancients have very low appearance rate.
  10. There would be no Map to view, and a drawn map would not be allowed to be posted on the forums or linked in the game. (Moderators would be expected to watch for this.) Obviously, if you are in a Team and have your own web site, we cannot stop you from posting guides for each other.
The below images show a simple layout of how each Level could be designed, what it would have on it, and how you would need to progress to the next Level.

The red dots represent NPCs. The Ladder represents the entrance to the next Level. The E represents the Entrance to that Level.

Level 1

Monster Level: 50-60
Monster Class: Emissary
NPC: 2 Monster's Level 50-60

[Image: level1y.png]

Level 2

Monster Level: 55-65
Monster Class: Emissary + Zenith
NPC: 3 Monster's Level 55-65

[Image: level2p.png]

Level 3

Monster Level: 60-65
Monster Class: Emissary + Zenith
NPC: 4 Monster's Level 60-65

[Image: level3.png]

Level 4

Monster Level: 65-70
Monster Class: Emissary + Zenith + Legendary
NPC: 5 Monster's Level 65-70

[Image: scaled.php?server=692&filename=level4x.png&res=medium]

Level 5

Monster Level: 70-80
Monster Class: Emissary + Zenith + Legendary + Ancient
NPC: 6 Monster's Level 70-80

[Image: level5n.png]

Supporters
  1. Shoshinryu
  2. Orboknown
  3. Guider
  4. iRemember
  5. Mindmage
  6. Pein
  7. PcKaveman
  8. Kamidara
  9. garbagekeeper
  10. CeFurkan
  11. Rock127
  12. Anomandaris Giovannni Rake
  13. mipeto2010
  14. staff vidyasagar
  15. mike521
[Image: shoshinsig2.png]
Click my signature to be taken to the Wiki!!
100%SUPPORT
/didnt read half of that lol. but seriously, support
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
i fully support this 1 question though after you leave the ruins and come back on the same day would you have to battle the npcs again? or would they temp disappear until another day comes?
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
(2012-02-12, 08:09 PM)Guider456 Wrote: i fully support this 1 question though after you leave the ruins and come back on the same day would you have to battle the npcs again? or would they temp disappear until another day comes?
That depends on whether he sets up NPCs on a daily cycle or if he sets them up on a map switch. I would prefer to have it on a daily cycle.... Then people could even use the Ancient Ruins as a daily thing for their training, you could just go from Level 1 to Level 5 in all the Ancient Ruins and battle all the NPCs every day. Gives some more fun in the face of impending boredom.

Not to mention, I think it would be entirely unfair to force a player who died on say Level 3, to have to fight every NPC again on the way back up to try again. They should only have to fight the Monsters they encounter and the NPCs they haven't fought yet.

oh yeah didn't think about that part.... i think it'll be like it was in craft npcs on a daily cycle and this'll be a great training place if this gets implemented.
awesome idea shosh, 100% support too, can't wait for it to be implemented!Big Grin
100% support shosh great idea that way no one spam catches them or atleast not that easily great idea
[Image: workitgirl.jpg]
it is a great idea could be useful in training and makes it harder to find ancients and the map layout seems ok
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
PcK's Stamp of Approval
"For what is a man, what has he got. If not himself, then he has naught" - Frank Sinatra
[Image: 2ppzlnp.jpg]
now the problem is who will draw these maps. i am already having trouble with finding map maker for formal plan Big Grin after all maps completed i may look into this suggestion
I give my support.
I approve this. 100%
idea is nice but as i said the maps are the problem Smile if you can draw sure why not add. if you can't draw we have to wait till we complete all formal maps
ahh ok then i guess we can wait in this if shosh can't draw the maps

Credits to SparrowHawk
Well, for one thing, Shoshin did plan how the maps should be and how they should be drawn Tongue

So, when we get our map artist, they can just draw the maps with all the details in the same way Shoshin has them.

His are basically blueprints.
(2012-02-12, 10:11 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: idea is nice but as i said the maps are the problem Smile if you can draw sure why not add. if you can't draw we have to wait till we complete all formal maps
After we see the new map maybe I can work on it a bit.

Eye Shoe Port this idea.

Constantly dying yet never dead
(2012-02-12, 10:28 PM)Rock127 Wrote:
(2012-02-12, 10:11 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: idea is nice but as i said the maps are the problem Smile if you can draw sure why not add. if you can't draw we have to wait till we complete all formal maps
After we see the new map maybe I can work on it a bit.

Eye Shoe Port this idea.
i am planning to start releasing them asap but the map maker keep making some mistakes. waiting him to fix. so far there are 32 maps done

only 32 I guess that isn't bad but was expecting more to be finished

Credits to SparrowHawk
(2012-02-12, 10:38 PM)Pein Wrote: only 32 I guess that isn't bad but was expecting more to be finished
unfortunately
something is better than nothing though :d
Support is what i'm giving this, awesome stuff shosh
You dare Challenge ME ?

I think that their appearance rate should be quite higher than normal, since if you can't run from any monsters then you will have a 90% chance of being dead before you even find an Ancient. .40% perhaps? And, ancients....another odd idea: at the end of this Ancient Ruins there is a portal room with ___(Half of the Ancient Monsters number) doorways, containing one Ancient each. After clearing a room, you can proceed to the next room, containing a higher-leveled Ancient, which leads to a final door (all rooms lead to one exit) with a level 95 (stable level) Ancient 1% appearance rate in the end of the room and there you must brawl to the end and catch (or kill?) it. Last Ancient must be an Arceus-like Monster, highest stats, all balanced at 200 base stats, so any nature will benefit it. Maybe the "final Ancient boss" will be worked on by all 3 of our designers.

I think it's okay, since it will be hard to kill an Ancient, considering its a wild monster, thus has higher stats than normal, and it is level 95...with...1200 total stats base... o.o I can imagine a trembling one of those and would have..A ton of Attack. So...higher appearance rate?

BTW I don't like the sight limitations much...I mean, that's hard man..I might be walking into a wall and i don't know it...10x10 square

Shoeported anyhoo.
Constantly dying yet never dead
support
ok i like this 100%
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
Gk made 12 Ancients, possibly more. She just has to draw them in the new way she does now.

Even though this is a place for ancients, I want them to be very hard such as.. 0.001% <.< 0.0001% if you're crazy.

This would be a very awesome training spot <.< I will be there, every day and train monsters.
i think this is a great idead, it would make the game 10 times better :]
[Image: blackstarsig_zpsc46521c1.jpeg]
(2012-02-13, 12:00 PM)Rock127 Wrote: I think that their appearance rate should be quite higher than normal, since if you can't run from any monsters then you will have a 90% chance of being dead before you even find an Ancient. .40% perhaps? And, ancients....another odd idea: at the end of this Ancient Ruins there is a portal room with ___(Half of the Ancient Monsters number) doorways, containing one Ancient each. After clearing a room, you can proceed to the next room, containing a higher-leveled Ancient, which leads to a final door (all rooms lead to one exit) with a level 95 (stable level) Ancient 1% appearance rate in the end of the room and there you must brawl to the end and catch (or kill?) it. Last Ancient must be an Arceus-like Monster, highest stats, all balanced at 200 base stats, so any nature will benefit it. Maybe the "final Ancient boss" will be worked on by all 3 of our designers.

I think it's okay, since it will be hard to kill an Ancient, considering its a wild monster, thus has higher stats than normal, and it is level 95...with...1200 total stats base... o.o I can imagine a trembling one of those and would have..A ton of Attack. So...higher appearance rate?

BTW I don't like the sight limitations much...I mean, that's hard man..I might be walking into a wall and i don't know it...10x10 square

Shoeported anyhoo.
Having such a high appearance rate defeats the purpose of Ancients being EXTREMELY rare. Ancients aren't supposed to be like Legends where there's 100's of them in game, they're supposed to be like the end-game weapon. However, I will say this much.... Ancients will only be slightly less appearance rate than Legends, so if the lowest legend is .2%, Ancients might be .1% all of them.

And... If you stock up on all the potions, archanums, revives, etc.... You should have no problem surviving inside Level 5. The only monsters that should give you an overly hard time are Legends and Ancients. As long as you take a full team of Legends in with you, you'll do fine.

OP edited for changes after talking with CeFurkan about this (who approves the idea, by the way)

i support Smile
support the changes.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Question :

Level 5 - The last, toughest level to find Ancients and other monsters. All monsters are 70-80, are the Ancients that high of a level, if we were to catch them?

O.o