Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akatslowi FAQ Fun Quiz
The Purpose
(Ignore this if you aren't interested in the purpose. I had some free time now so I ranted on <.<)

Hey guys! As everyone can see the game is progressively expanding its population and that I am pretty sure everyone wants the game to flourish and are willing to put in the slightest effort to achieve this greater "welfare". So what keeps people in this game? I would state a few simple ostensible factors or forces of attraction, apart from describing in detail the game's "fun-ability" and will explain how you could do your part.

Forces of attraction
  • The friendly community: people enjoy doing things together with others
  • The accomplishments: the various facets that players can be a "Pro" or excel in
  • The craving: the lust for cute or beastly monsters <.<
However, there are also negative forces keeping people away. I will only name one of it so as to be specific and in relation to the topic of this thread. To put it simply, it is the "lack of knowledge" of this game that could drive people away when they find this game too "complicated". This factor could be due to the fact people were disinterested in exploring more about the game, which is caused by laziness. And laziness is inherent in all of us in the game, be it pros and newbs, resulting in the viscious cycle of ignorance. Pros feel lazy to address to the problems of newbs when it requires too much work, and newbs are too lazy to find out why. Ultimately, this result in the loss of potential growth for the game, which affects every one of us. One may contend "we do not need such players in our game!". But the fact is, we need them to attract the "better" potential players, we need to strengthen our magnet. The visible part of how well a game is doing and how fun it is, is shown by the population of the game, in general. The number of players online shows how fun the game is and the increasing population of the game shows how well the game is doing. First impression in general, should be glorified. So all players would be needed, to beautify this number. Annoying players can be blocked if they persist, so it really won't affect you unless you are interested in ridiculing them, and that effectively enhances your welfare instead of mitigating it, when such players remain in the game.

So from this, we can all tell that helping players is to the benefit for all as "lack of knowledge" for the game might keep people away. As I mentioned before, this will be the only negative factor I will raise in context with this thread. To bring about greater population for the game, this negative factor can be addressed more effectively. And this is what this thread is about-to stimulate interest, which is lacking, among pros and newbs to want to know more about the game. I will give this a try, and if it doesn't work out, at least there was an effort. The success of this, lies in the hands of everyone =x, to keep the thread going, especially when I am busy!

I wanted to create a "Akatslowi Help Desk" in the help section for players to raise doubts, but decided that this might be more interactive and not limited to the few questions raised by the minority.

How it works!

-A question will be raised on this thread and the first person who gives the right answer will obtain 10 points. (20 points if you are from Akatslowi). Points can be used to exchange for prizes like lvl 100s. Every accumulated 100 points can be used to trade for a random lvl 100.
-The question will be up for 24 hours after it is posted.
-Questions will be posted by "the trusted few", once the 24 hour time limit is up. I will do a check and update the winner's points. It could be FAQ or the unexplored. I will elect "the trusted few" which includes me.
-If the correct answer was given, and if anyone is able to give a more detailed answer, they will get 10 points too. The most detailed answer will get that 10 points. To sum it up, only 2 people will be awarded points for each question.
-Making it such that only the first person who answered correctly will count is to keep this thread active. I would encourage the Pros to provide the questions by suggesting it to "the trusted few" and not answering the questions. But this is not very viable if I opened this to the public.
-The reason why I only allowed "the trusted few" to pose the questions instead of anyone is to prevent cheating. I don't want people posing questions and going to their alts to answer them, so as to be the first.

So yes, to start this game, I will need a small group of trusted ones, please pm me if you are interested to be one. I will start the ball rolling when we have the small team, so hopefully there will be some dedicated neutral players out there willing to assist me. The reason why I need a team is to keep this thread active daily even when I am busy.

The Trusted Few: Slow, Rock127, Orboknown (3/5)

Points Table (to be updated)

XXX (111)
VVV (222)

[Image: image]
He who says he can and he who says he can't, are both usually right -Confucius
Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity -Will Smith
Be cool. Be an Akatslowinian -Slow
Umm.. Chris and Professor Ash, you joined that other team O.o

Don't multi-clan please.

-------------------------

Also, since this thread is only for a team, why should it be in FAQ? It should be in the clans section. FAQ is for information on the whole game, not just a team.

It is for all members of the forum as a way to gain more members in the forum it is basically like snorlax's daily questions thread,but this is for game related questions
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
We have a thread for people to ask questions about the site. Its in the stickied threads in this section.
Lock or move to team section yeesh>.>
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
(2012-01-02, 08:16 PM)Pein Wrote: It is for all members of the forum as a way to gain more members in the forum it is basically like snorlax's daily questions thread,but this is for game related questions
yup, pein got it.

i understand the text is slightly lengthy, so i will summarize it.

this quiz is a quiz, and when you answer a question right, you will be rewarded. the elected "the trusted few" will pose the questions, and not just anybody. it differs from the boring type where people have doubts about the game and ask a question-boring and limited to the minority few who bothered to ask.

the committee (the trusted few) here will pose the questions and the players will find the answer. the questions posed can vary from FAQs to the unexplored parts of the game. i limited the asking of questions only to the committee, so as to prevent cheating.

lastly, this FAQ quiz is open to all members of the public. it is named under akatslowi because the prizes are sponsored by akatslowi.

like i mentioned the purpose of this thread before. it is to stimulate interest in players to want to know more about the game. and possibly bring more newbies from the game to here as i am hoping this thread to be active daily.

anyway, im still looking for 3 more members to join the committee "the trusted few" so that i can start the ball rolling. anyone that i deem trustworthy, knowledgeable and active can pm me about joining. i repeat, anyone can join, not just akatslowinians.

cheers!
hey slow can i be a trusted one and put up zorion so you can have ur monsters back
I hope its to be a easy question like Spell Slow SLOW
i need 2 more to start the game. please pm me so i can explain to you in detail
I want to start! SOMEBODY JUST JOIN!!
Constantly dying yet never dead