Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Whole Community Discussion
We really should have a whole community discussion thread, where we pick up on topics to talk about as a community and how we can improve this or that in the game. That way, we can all put something into creating a better game and community.

This thread can be that thread. Suggest a topic to talk about, we all come in and share our thoughts. You can bring up any topic to talk about, as long as it is related to Monster MMORPG, obviously.

Topics Suggested
1. Removal of Ground and Rock Types - SparrowHawk
2. Separation of Dark type as in "Sinister/Evil" and Dark type as in "Black/Night/Opposite of Light" - Psywar
3. Different Monster Score Lowered - Snorlax47

Alright, my suggestion.. idk but it's about Ground and Rock types. They share mostly the same weaknesses, except that Ground is strong against Rock. They are both similar to each other and originate from the same source - Earth.
Why not put them together and just have an Earth type?

Of course, we have to calculate the weaknesses of ground and rock together, OR, just put the general weaknesses onto Earth.. Is that the same thing? Earth would be weak to Water, Grass, and Ice respectfully. I'm not sure about anything else, maybe Fighting and Steel could fit in too. Someone work on that.

If we were to implement any other types, like our own Light type, I suggest the "Sound" type or a "Space" type.
Consolidating Rock and Ground into one type seems really easy at first, but look at the actual strengths and weaknesses:

Ground
Rock
Both

Weaknesses:

Ice
Fighting
Ground
Steel
Water
Grass

Resistances:

Electric (Immune)
Rock
Normal
Fire
Flying
Poison

Strengths:

Electric
Poison
Rock
Steel
Ice
Flying
Bug
Fire

Ineffective:

Grass
Bug
Flying (Immune)
Fighting
Ground
Steel

Let's compare that to... Dragon and Grass.

Dragon
Grass
Both

Weaknesses:

Dragon
Fire
Poison
Flying
Bug

Ice

Resistances:

Fire
Ground
Water
Electric
Grass

Strengths:

Dragon
Water
Ground
Rock

Ineffective:

Fire
Grass
Poison
Flying
Bug
Dragon

Steel

Group A (Rock and Ground)
Unique to Ground: 10
Unique to Rock: 12
Shared: 4

Group B (Grass and Dragon)
Unique to Dragon: 3
Unique to Grass: 14
Shared: 5

Point illustrated?  Ground and Rock types are more unique from each other statistically than Grass and Dragon types.  They have their own unique strengths and weaknesses, and only share 4 similarities.  By contrast, the Dragon type shares more with the Grass type (Of all things.  XD) than it has unique to itself.  Why not merge those two?  Because they are in fact, different.  x'D

On a more supportive note, I do think that having the shared weaknesses of both Water and Grass is a bit much.  It's always been my opinion that Grass should be neutral against Rock types.  XD

Water makes sense as it is, it does erode the hell out of the earth.   But yeah, I think that one change would make all of the difference.  c:

At least this isn't Pokemon, where we have more Rock/Ground types than Rock pures or other, more interesting Rock mixes.  x'D
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
Well I guess topic # 1 has been settled solely by henrie's comment.

Topic # 2 - Separation of Dark type as in "Sinister/Evil" and Dark type as in "Black/Night/Opposite of Light"

Because of the creation of new nature which is Light, the dark type now is being confused with two meanings, as mentioned above. I know that you know that Dark type is a nature from pokemon that had been copied to craft and being carried over to Monstermmorpg. And I believe in pokemon, Dark Type = Sinister being it weak against fighting and powerful against psychic.

IMO, since we wanted to be detached from Pokemon, there should be a separate nature of Sinister and Dark Nature would solely be Dark as in black/night/opposite of Light.
Imo id rather have the "Different monster score" affect on rank lowered.The effect from the high affect makes it alot easier to rise the ranks.Im not saying change it back to where you could own 2 lvl 100s and be in top 100.But i think it would be better if lowered.
[Image: 34fxtdy.jpg]
Seriously, I thought a lot of users would have a lot of suggestions that we could all discuss on a community level O.o It can be different topics as well, not just suggestions.
Since Farmouse is the weakest monster in the game, I think it would be a good idea to reward players who actually take the time to train it. Maybe have a level 100 evolution "Ratitan" that is really powerful or something. Kinda like a magicarp/gyrados evolution.
(2013-02-09, 01:39 AM)epicfrogninja Wrote: Since Farmouse is the weakest monster in the game, I think it would be a good idea to reward players who actually take the time to train it. Maybe have a level 100 evolution "Ratitan" that is really powerful or something. Kinda like a magicarp/gyrados evolution.

You make this incredibly tempting.  Truly, you do.  *cackle*
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
farmouse....how about Ratractor?
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
Nice suggestion here, everyone has his own thoughts and feeling, very nicely expressed here. I think its the right place where anyone can say his words.

supported living community
Mhmm... I actually disagree with all the topics about changing type names...I think it should stay like it is now :/

Also, about the farmouse thingy... maybe we could go on with the idea with ragnarok's sprites and make a powerfull hard to evolve 5-evo-line ? But henrie makes the sprites :3