Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a change in damage done by status moves
Totally copy pasted from the pm convo we had >_>
Status moves (bleeding, et al) are qjite strong right now due to it dealing 10% ofthe enemy targets health per turn, and that is true damage (meaning it ignores all forms of defense) 
Current formulaSad1+0.1%of enemy's maximum hp)
 Pvp words: if enemy's max health is 600, and is bleeidngIn 1 turn you can deal 1-540 damage + 60 true damage (your attack + bleeding damage)Basically it gives a low chance of winning..

My formula-s
(0+0.1%of enemy's CURRENT hp)This means that it the damage deducted will be from the current health giving a little bit mercy to the enemy (the damage gets reduced per turn)
Eg
Current hp is 300 you deal 100 damage (+30 due to bleeding)
So you crurrent health is 170.. meaning the danage from bleeding  on the next turn will be 17  instead of 30

Or you can make its damage be affected by defense

Or you can nerf the damage to (1+0.05% of enemy`s maximum hp)
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
I like how it is now. It gives walls a purpose in game.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
but if they have exp. regenerator...then were done for basically.
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
(2013-02-18, 10:38 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote: but if they have exp. regenerator...then were done for basically.
Not true. Just make sure that you have a move that cures your status' and stack status' on the wall or lower its def and hit it hard.

I shouldn't have to explain pvp theory to you two. lol
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
i like it too how it is now, because in my opinion it will be to weak if it just deals dmg according to the current health. Then it would be useless especially against expert regenerator, all held items that give you 10% of your maximum health every turn or simply moves that regerate hp. And for me its more challenging to decide whether or not to learn moves that do status changes or cure status changes.
Status changes damages the opponent.. and reduces a stat.. or two...

What do you mean walls with purpose in the game? They are walls.. all they should do is absorb damage while dealing MINOR damage.. if you want these kinds of moves that are really strong for walls.. well, the next time you see it, all the mknsters of the people are walls.
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
Rain Missile (100% Bleeding+damage) is really helpful when taking on Arena Leaders. I think it's fine how it is.
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
(2013-02-19, 01:14 PM)fjkulit Wrote: Status changes damages the opponent.. and reduces a stat.. or two...

What do you mean walls with purpose in the game? They are walls.. all they should do is absorb damage while dealing MINOR damage.. if you want these kinds of moves that are really strong for walls.. well, the next time you see it, all the mknsters of the people are walls.
Whats wrong with that? lol Evolve or die. Smile
I like it how it is now... Also, people will not get only walls, since there will always be someone who can think of a tactic to sweep them away...

Also, in pokemon games the damage of e.g. poison is always the same amount... Like 10% of max. hp orso... (Well, maybe 1 or 2 hp difference each turn).
[Image: 33bo7zc.png]
My sprite
Actualy needs black bg