We need moar members! No, not this

We need moar ACTIVE members
Yes! Thats what we must do!
ACTIVE ones
Big Grin
Lets all have a shout -for ACTIVE players-! XD

Ill edit later
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
I'v already told Cefy that we should advertise more, he said that if he focuses too much on gaining new people, the game won't get anywhere. *Not his exact words*
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
There are a few things keeping new players from becoming regulars for long periods of time. Here are a few main factors that affected me, and I theorize will affect an average internet user:

Gameplay

M3O is, by design, repetitive. There is no story, no plot, nothing of substance beyond the numbers and images which constitute the game.

The central gameplay is either about PvP, which results in heavy grinding (which is known to be the least enjoyable method of level progression across all games and platforms), or collection, which has no purpose past "I just want it". The attributes of the Monsters themselves, such as stats or abilities, are in disarray and will be sorted by a code rather than good ol' fashion brain-work. New users with a collector mentality are faced with these inherent flaws of the very things they want to collect.

I could go further, but there are other issues I'd rather touch on first.

Userbase

There are positive and negative consequences to enforcing a fluffy G-rated environment.

Pro: A larger target audience. The registered players counter currently rests at half a million.

This is fantastic, until we ask ourselves why they're not all active... at which point things barrel downhill.

Con: A larger target audience; the larger a community, the less it feels like a community.

Con: A larger target audience; in awareness of the young userbase, the older users must censor themselves and their expression.

Con: A larger target audience (specifically, catering to a young audience); I'm no sage--I'm 18--but I can hold an interesting and intelligent conversation much easier than someone ten years younger. As I'm older, and therefore have had more time to mature, my contributions to the game and its forum will be far more thought out, resourceful, and useful than the children that play this game could themselves conjure up. This, in tandem with the alienation of older users such as myself and above, taints some of the allure that prompted me to join.

Con: Literacy. Dear lord, literacy. When I read some of the things our users have to say, it feels like I've been scalped and someone is taking a grater to my sanity, which peels away in painful flakes. There are two fundamental reasons explaining why some users just can't make sense: age and origin. If you're eight, you're going to type like you're eight, enough said. Obviously this part of the problem arises from the earlier problem of having a large and potentially young target audience. The other half is something of a different discussion. Diversity is usually a good thing, but it does not work well in games. This is why MMORPGs have servers dedicated to specific locations, so that people from similar regions can share their experiences with eachother, speak their own language, and not exclude others from their speech and gameplay.

M3O's chat, on the other hand, is a massive swimming pool with floating borders separating us. Just as easily as swimming under a floating divider, users from other places can and will spill over into the two main chats: English and Turkish. Other native chats are generally decrepit and move slower than summer molasses, so it stands to reason that they'd hop over into the active chats for that reason alone. Only problem is, they don't always speak these languages very well. Or at all.

Which leaves us with what would have been an extremely valid question or statement in their own language being degraded to patchwork English/Turkish... nicht gut.

TL;DR

M3O doesn't need any more active members, it needs more valuable members who are interesting and can contribute to make the atmosphere more fun. And certain things are scaring away the valuable members, which is why people don't always stick around. That's really all there is to it.
[Image: GgcM.png]
so,, what do you think we must do then?
fjkulit Wrote:so,, what do you think we must do then?

[Image: 1347077570661.gif]
[Image: GgcM.png]
Raith made a lot of really nice points in his post, and they're all valid. I generally agree with everything Raith said, but now, I just want you guys to think about this: Let's take a random 14-year-old kid who has some free time and wants to spend it on something fun. He thinks, "Hmm, I want to play a game that lets me get involved in a community with people from all around the world!" Essentially, he finds out that what he's looking for is an MMORPG. He then dutifully searches "fun MMORPGs" on Google and clicks the first result. For me, when I made that search, I came to this. As you can see, this is a pretty standard MMORPG, and look, it's free (at least for the first 20 levels)! So our little 14-year-old decides to play this game, and that's that.

What I'm trying to say here is that the wide majority of people looking for an MMORPG will not come across MonsterMMORPG. They will go for World of Warcraft, Runescape, or, in the example above, Rift. These are the MMORPGs they're going to gravitate towards because they simply are the more successful ones, due to their high production value and popularity. Now, I'm not saying that MonsterMMORPG has a low production value, I'm just saying that a project started by a single college student will rarely get more players than a game developed by a team of professionals. It just won't happen. PokemonCraft at least was similar to the main series Pokemon games and thus had an attraction in that regard, but MonsterMMORPG is now just like any other MMORPG, and honestly I really can't see why someone looking for a good MMORPG would pick MonsterMMORPG when there are games like World of Warcraft and Runescape around. Sure MonsterMMORPG is free, but WoW still lets you play for the first 20 levels free and Maplestory is free, along with a bunch of other MMORPGs. Of course, this is not to offend CeFurkan or anyone else designing this game in any way, it's just that your average 14-year-old will almost always pick the popular MMORPGs like WoW over MonsterMMORPG. That's really the point I'm trying to make here.

Edit: Hi Raith! I haven't seen you here for awhile, how's it going? Smile
well, what you said did make a point..
(2012-09-29, 05:38 PM)Raith Wrote:
fjkulit Wrote:so,, what do you think we must do then?

[Image: 1347077570661.gif]
Go on a rampage???
completely agree my man(wrt raith). Loosen the reigns, and we shall prosper.
quality gif usage
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
I heavily agree with Lamb's points, despite the fact that the post above will be deleted for being demoralizing, like so many of mine in the past have.

This game has a lot of good users who can bring a lot to and have brought a lot to the production of the game (not to say cefurkan hasn't given it his all, but lets face it, the community here has been vital to survival so far).

As orboknown said, loosen the reigns and we shall prosper... That is exactly what should have happened a long time ago.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
i am new here and i see that Everything has been turned upside down in this new game
(2019-01-08, 08:30 PM)Isentropic Wrote: i am new here and i see that Everything has been turned upside down in this new game

hey welcome and what do you mean by that?
Hello, long time lurker, newish player. I'm also new to Pokemon style games, but I have always wanted to get into them. Only recently have I settled with the "cartoony" nature of Pokemon Go. That's the part that I couldn't get over most. It was designed as a cartoon for kids, and it has kept up that design. It's fine, really, but not for me. I saw Monsters MMORPG and saw that some of the monsters here are more "adult" in design, meaning that the images have more detail and look realistic. I have wanted to get into the game, but some of the design features really pushed me off, as well as the fact that the game has a steep learning curve and there's no central place to learn how to play. (I hope to change that by working on a How to Play PDF with CeFurkan.) Finally, the in-game chat is so outdated. In my opinion, it should be removed or integrated with a Discord channel. Discord is so much better! Second to last point, I am not sure what the end game is all about. Guild wars? Finally, I am not sure if this is a pay-to-win model. You can pay money to get any Monster you want, it seems, and fine-tune its stats.

Here are my points about this game as a newbie and a graphic designer/English teacher:

0. I really like the idea of the game. It's free to play, easy to play (once you know how) and can be played anywhere.
1. The design is really confusing and sore on the eyes. There is room for a lot of optimization (I have made a list of ideas)
2. There are too many clicks needed to do common things.
3. Pay-to-win?
4. Discord community, please!
5. Difficult to learn to play.
6. Translation/grammar errors
7. Comprehensive guide in one place is needed for new learners of the game

Fortunately, CeFurkan is back and is responsive to requests for fixes to the game. I had a problem just yesterday with the overlay blocking my monster box selection, and it is fixed today. Great job! Thank you.

I hope I can help an already impressive game improve more every day. Thanks for the time, and sorry for the long post.
[-] The following 1 user Likes whitehorn's post:
  • CeFurkan
(2019-01-11, 05:17 AM)whitehorn Wrote: Finally, I am not sure if this is a pay-to-win model. You can pay money to get any Monster you want, it seems, and fine-tune its stats.

There isn't any pay to win model anymore you can do ability and nature change with gold and also uv max with gold, in the set your monster team option , the amount of gold is relatively easy 2 acquire one's you have reached the final arena.
There is also the option to collect silver medals from weekly event that can be exchanged for reward box monster that already have unlocked nature change and full UV.
[-] The following 1 user Likes I'm Hungry's post:
  • CeFurkan
(2019-01-11, 10:06 AM)I\m Hungry Wrote:
(2019-01-11, 05:17 AM)whitehorn Wrote: Finally, I am not sure if this is a pay-to-win model. You can pay money to get any Monster you want, it seems, and fine-tune its stats.

There isn't any pay to win model anymore you can do ability and nature change with gold and also uv max with gold, in the set your monster team option , the amount of gold is relatively easy 2 acquire one's you have reached the final arena.
There is also the option to collect silver medals from weekly event that can be exchanged for reward box monster that already have unlocked nature change and full UV.

So it is gold to win, to get perfect monsters anyway. About how many people play with perfect monsters? Is it against the principle of the game to get perfect monsters?

I am not trying to be critical of the game, to be clear. Just trying to get an understanding and convince people who may think this is pay to win otherwise.
(2019-01-11, 02:23 PM)whitehorn Wrote:
(2019-01-11, 10:06 AM)I\m Hungry Wrote:

So it is gold to win, to get perfect monsters anyway. About how many people play with perfect monsters? Is it against the principle of the game to get perfect monsters?

I am not trying to be critical of the game, to be clear. Just trying to get an understanding and convince people who may think this is pay to win otherwise.

not many players have

everything is visible for everyone in the game you can always check out Smile

navigate profiles of other players, check their teams etc
What if we were to do a new release of the game? Less fluffy monsters, more adult-centric artwork and themes (I'm not talking XXX of course, but less cartoony and more life-like)? Pare down some of the lower quality artwork. Focus on the people who support the game financially and see what direction they'd like it to go? Along with all that, announce an ad-free, graphically optimized subscription version of M30 and introduce new features that make the monsters feel important.

EDIT: And the reason people pick other MMOs over this one is because there is animation, there's graphics, there's mainstream activity, like PVP that's fun simply because of the mechanics of PVP, not to mention PVE, and the REWARDS for doing both of them. The treasure, the phat loot. A lot of people like fancy graphics over fancy features. I like graphics, but features are really great. Features keep the game going, but that is not to say that graphics should be completely out the window. Those who have ever played Dwarf Fortress know what I am talking about.
[-] The following 1 user Likes whitehorn's post:
  • CeFurkan
(2019-01-18, 02:23 AM)whitehorn Wrote: What if we were to do a new release of the game? Less fluffy monsters, more adult-centric artwork and themes (I'm not talking XXX of course, but less cartoony and more life-like)? Pare down some of the lower quality artwork. Focus on the people who support the game financially and see what direction they'd like it to go? Along with all that, announce an ad-free, graphically optimized subscription version of M30 and introduce new features that make the monsters feel important.

EDIT: And the reason people pick other MMOs over this one is because there is animation, there's graphics, there's mainstream activity, like PVP that's fun simply because of the mechanics of PVP, not to mention PVE, and the REWARDS for doing both of them. The treasure, the phat loot. A lot of people like fancy graphics over fancy features. I like graphics, but features are really great. Features keep the game going, but that is not to say that graphics should be completely out the window. Those who have ever played Dwarf Fortress know what I am talking about.

ye i get what you mean 

but opening another server would diminish the number of players even further

we need to make this game more alive

also about current artworks, we can replace them with better ones

we have been improving since the beginning

but the main problem is finding free to user better artworks

if we were making more money, we could hire artists to draw better more mature style artworks 

also there are many visually appearing games but game mechanics are also really important as you said
thanks you
If you start frantically thinking of all of the quick fixes for the person's problems, then you won't really be listening
If you need a ACTIVE members, you can find me.
I will try join
How to start?
Thanks for sharing it
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Can anybody tell something more about this game? Thanks
I'm new here, and it seems like this new game has completely changed everything.