Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exclamation 
Hey ive been voting for a while and have notice that each time i go to the deviant art site i get a notice from my norton computer security software (a very respectable package) that the site is trying to grab and send out my social security information.

This is serious, this may or may not be happening to a lot of people but it only takes one person for it to have gone to far...

I would like to continue voting but be able to avoid the deviant art sites, and let this serve as a warning to other players against the issue i have been having.

EDIT: Voting numbers 22 and 23 are the ones that take you to the deviant art website
Good job reporting.
thanks for telling, I'll avoid voting till cef will do something, at list hope he will
[Image: 30.png] Captain of KARNAGE (PTD)
SlimJim, it would help if you post the number of the link so we know which to avoid.
ok, ima look it up right now, if i remember correcly its two in a row at the end.. give me a sec

EDIT: the voting numbers that go to the deviant art website are 22 and 23.
if we avoid them will we still get bonus ?
(2012-08-31, 05:54 PM)honchkrow14 Wrote: if we avoid them will we still get bonus ?
No. You have to do all links, so we'll have to wait for CeFurkan to look at this.
oh okay then sparrow, thanks again slim for telling
The deviantart sites are the problem? but im on that site every day!
[Image: mmorpgp.jpg]
My imaginary friend thinks you have serious mental problems!
ehm.. Norton is a very bad Security Program, there is tons of better free virus-defend softvares out which you can just download.
as Gonz, i am on that site daily
[Image: viking.png]

The Vikings Will Rampage.
(2012-08-31, 08:39 PM)Lolzinator Wrote: ehm.. Norton is a very bad Security Program, there is tons of better free virus-defend softvares out which you can just download.

I would expect you to bring some facts to the table before you make an statement like that about norton security. Even if youve had a bad experience with norton that would not be the norm. Overally this is a very repitable and high quality service.

I just looked up the the Norton service for purchase on Amazon and from 15 customer reviews it had an average 5 star rating. Then i looked at another Norton cpu security program it it had an average 4 star rating from 376 reviews... All in all norton is a great security program, pfft, a "very bad security program"... i beg to differ.
(2012-08-31, 09:12 PM)SlimJimForHim Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 08:39 PM)Lolzinator Wrote: ehm.. Norton is a very bad Security Program, there is tons of better free virus-defend softvares out which you can just download.
I would expect you to bring some facts to the table before you make an statement like that about norton security. Even if youve had a bad experience with norton that would not be the norm. Overally this is a very repitable and high quality service.

I just looked up the the Norton service for purchase on Amazon and from 15 customer reviews it had an average 5 star rating. Then i looked at another Norton cpu security program it it had an average 4 star rating from 376 reviews... All in all norton is a great security program, pfft, a "very bad security program"... i beg to differ.
Actually I have used Norton security for the longest time due to the fact that it came with my internet/cable provider, and most of the time it was as if I didn't have an anti virus installed onto my computer... It got to the point where it couldn't keep back a malware virus... Since then I switched to ESET NOD32 anti virus and haven't received a single virus.. period. For small usages like business and some online games Norton is pretty good. But ask any hardcore gamer or computer user.. and they will tell you Norton anti virus is their very last choice due to its inability to keep out the bigger viruses such as malware, trogen, etc.
[Image: tumblr_m8mm02adYC1qgqflko1_500.gif]
(2012-08-31, 09:35 PM)Amaterasu Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 09:12 PM)SlimJimForHim Wrote:

Actually I have used Norton security for the longest time due to the fact that it came with my internet/cable provider, and most of the time it was as if I didn't have an anti virus installed onto my computer... It got to the point where it couldn't keep back a malware virus... Since then I switched to ESET NOD32 anti virus and haven't received a single virus.. period. For small usages like business and some online games Norton is pretty good. But ask any hardcore gamer or computer user.. and they will tell you Norton anti virus is their very last choice due to its inability to keep out the bigger viruses such as malware, trogen, etc.

If thats the case, then fair enough. im not a hardcore gamer nor am i the most knowlegeble about this subject... This is besides the point though, The issue is what my trips to deviant art have brought to my attention.

If you want to say that norton is not the best at stopping viruses, fine, but thats completely different than saying its so incompetent that it cant even idenitify dangers, which is whats its been doing when i go to deviant art. Better safe than sorry
(2012-08-31, 08:12 PM)TheGreatGonsalez Wrote: The deviantart sites are the problem? but im on that site every day!
Third to that. I'm a 3-year deviant, but how could this be?
Constantly dying yet never dead
(2012-08-31, 10:20 PM)Rock127 Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 08:12 PM)TheGreatGonsalez Wrote: The deviantart sites are the problem? but im on that site every day!
Third to that. I'm a 3-year deviant, but how could this be?

Well if norton security was protecting me from it and people say that thats not the best security then most people are likely protected, but for some people who may not have protection or currently are having problems with their protection then this could be an issue not to take lightly. I only know what ive been seeing.. repeatedly, so ive brought it to peoples attention.
deviantart is one of the most secure site on the earth Smile

i suggest you people to use kaspersky internet security

best available anti virus
(2012-08-31, 11:22 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: deviantart is one of the most secure site on the earth Smile

i suggest you people to use kaspersky internet security

best available anti virus
O: thats what i use already xD
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
Download McAfee. It works very well with me.
[Image: 4ab640cb58ed8813afd342449a09e628.jpg]
 3DS FC: 0103-9714-7767
 Name: Dexter
 Friend Safari: Electric

Deviant Art tries to gather information on its visitors, for years they've been trying to customize how people see the website. They aren't trying to hack your computer. *chuckle* Norton is just twitchy like that.
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
(2012-09-01, 12:47 AM)Henrie Wrote: Deviant Art tries to gather information on its visitors, for years they've been trying to customize how people see the website. They aren't trying to hack your computer. *chuckle* Norton is just twitchy like that.
I'm using deviantart to and got nothing from my AVG so I'll continue voting I guess =D
So... it's safe to vote?
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
(2012-09-01, 02:09 PM)Ramza_X Wrote: So... it's safe to vote?
yes
there is something wrong with voting today. everytime i try to vote, it says"internet explorer stopped working". and then it says close program _-_
why use internet explorer???
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
idk. im not using ie, i made a monstermmorpg server Tongue
(2012-09-02, 02:00 AM)Viperianw Wrote: idk. im not using ie, i made a monstermmorpg server Tongue
i didnt get what you said..
rephrase?
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]