Monster MMORPG Game Official Forum » Official Forums » Forum Suggestions » User Groups-In need of graphics! Please submit buttons in thread!!
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
User Groups-In need of graphics! Please submit buttons in thread!!
so i was thinking.

and i thunk.

and i came up with this.

Lets add other group categories to the forum,that all users can gain through various actions and competitions.
This would serve as both an incentive for people to come to the forum and for those who have faithfully followed the game through the forum up to this point.
EX-we could hold a writing competition,or something(have users pm an
application story?)and if accepted,they are added into a "writers" group.or we could get rain and
others something for the artwork they do.Each group will have a moderator or other noted figure for each area in charge of acceptance for each group.(or if noone else wants to do it ill man up and sort through all of it)
Note-you do not have to be a mod necessarily to join/run one of these groups.You do need to prove yourself in the field you wish to apply for.

I can think of,(final group names pending)

Authors(nitz,maybe ghost,etc)
Artists(dei,rain,etc)
Debators(me,nitz,gboss,pein,gyo,)
[i][b]Unmod(for former staff members,so they are shown respect)

Backroomer(broomer)elite players selected(by mods and or cefurkan?)to have membership in this backroom.

[/b][/i]and we can brainstorm more. also,maybe have cefurkan add
special rooms that each group(and mods)can access with relaxed versions(one room per group.)
of the rules?make the forum more user friendly ya know?
Oh yea,we should give each user an icon of sorts and a colored title of sorts
Writers-a quill?
Artists-a paintbrush?
Debators-a scale or gavel or something.
Un-mod-erm...something cool-looking.
Broomer-an id card kinda thing.
Donaters-dollar sign?
Senator-see https://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-S...s-addendum
Researcher-people like dei,guider and lamb who are doing work on how to best utilize the games functions like PVP

yea,i think we can give super mods something better than pink IMO.give us like gold or silver or maybe...[Image: dMNpPM.jpg] that blue in the top left.
Whatcha think of it?

Supporters
1quanto_konami
2Herostar
3Ashu
4Tekaichi
5Elijah
6Guider
7PJ
8Zach
9Hector
10Nitz
(we get enough supporters ill pm this to cefurkan.)
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
thanks quanto.I realize it will take awhile to work out the kinks but it should help vitalize the forum.
I'll support it, that way it could give all the people some kind of title, and keep more people on board for the forum.
Though Konami you may be right about this annoying people somewhat...

[Image: judai_yuki_by_deathfiendofmagic-d4enuhr.png]

Your welcome...glad to support Smile
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
(2011-11-03, 06:25 PM)Herostar Wrote: I'll support it, that way it could give all the people some kind of title, and keep more people on board for the forum.
Though Konami you may be right about this annoying people somewhat...
its meant to keep people interested and to re-vitalize the forum.also guys,
It will be possible to join more than one group.
you just have to prove your qualifications for each group.
Interesting I might try to qualify for the writers...I like to write...but my speed of writing...well think a paragraph a day Smile
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
okay i too support it

(2011-11-03, 06:29 PM)Quanto_Konami Wrote: Interesting I might try to qualify for the writers...I like to write...but my speed of writing...well think a paragraph a day Smile
its doesnt matter how much you write,just that you can do so.
(2011-11-03, 06:29 PM)ashu Wrote: okay i too support it

thanks

OH YEA,
guys,even mods will have to apply for a particular board.(well maybe dei can jump straight into artwork and i could probably get myself into writing)
Support
[Image: jgqwjl.png]
okay i will tell to my more friends about it

its very good
(2011-11-03, 06:38 PM)Tekaichi Wrote: Support
thanks tek
(2011-11-03, 06:39 PM)ashu Wrote: okay i will tell to my more friends about it

its very good
thanks ashuSmile

Don't really care Tongue
._.
can i still put you on the supporters list for kicks?
No Tongue

(2011-11-03, 06:47 PM)Deidara Wrote: No Tongue

[Image: drat.jpg]
nice idea...i support this
thanks.
support
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
alright.four more and ill send this to the boss.
yeah me too i guess

just so u know i'm pj146 Smile

thanks pj.
I do not support this idea. The forum is massive. Period. It is so broken up into so, so, so many different things as it is, I have no idea what is even on it.
Also, The more there is to sift through, the less people want to use it because it becomes a huge time sink just looking for what they want to find.
Another thing, making parts of the forums closed off to everyone except those who has earned it, just hides information people might like.
I do not want to have X amount of post to see whats in a thread.
I do not wish to have to write something, anything, to read others stories.
I do not wish to have to be an artist to view others art.
A very small portion of gamers will use a forum. That is reading, posting, socializing on it.
A larger portion will read it time to time without posting.
An overwhelming portion will never come to the forums.

If you want to revitalize the forums, try condensing it. Cut away the fat. If you have fewer places that are hot spots you will concentrate the population you have making it seem like a larger population.

I vote smaller forums, less is better.

To be honest, The overall amount of different things in the forums is daunting. It is extremely frustrating. I have found zero information about the game I have searched for. If I did find it, then the information was poor at best.
Quality over quantity!!!!
Summary of rant.
I see this dividing the population even more. I see it being extremely unhelpful and adding nothing to the game Monsters. I think the forums to be revitalized, they need to be overhauled and reduced in size. I think in no way is "VIP" area's a good idea for a healthy population.

Signed,
Snoozn

Edited in...

I just looked at the top where all those cool, last post, recent threads whatever, whatever is.

I see nothing about the game. I thought this forum was to support a game or am I wrong?
i half agree with orbo but snoozn is kinda right its very. confusing :\
just so u know i'm pj146 Smile

(2011-11-03, 09:41 PM)Snoozn Wrote: I do not support this idea. The forum is massive. Period. It is so broken up into so, so, so many different things as it is, I have no idea what is even on it.
thats what the search is for.
Quote:Also, The more there is to sift through, the less people want to use it because it becomes a huge time sink just looking for what they want to find.

again,use the search function.
Quote:Another thing, making parts of the forums closed off to everyone except those who has earned it, just hides information people might like.
the backrooms are more for them to discuss the trade they are in.
Quote:I do not want to have X amount of post to see whats in a thread.
who said anything about posts?
Quote:I do not wish to have to write something, anything, to read others stories.
see above.
Quote:I do not wish to have to be an artist to view others art.
again,view above.
Quote:A very small portion of gamers will use a forum. That is reading, posting, socializing on it.
A larger portion will read it time to time without posting.
An overwhelming portion will never come to the forums.
more features=more to interest people.
Quote:If you want to revitalize the forums, try condensing it. Cut away the fat. If you have fewer places that are hot spots you will concentrate the population you have making it seem like a larger population.
small population=small population no matter how ya slice it.

Quote:I vote smaller forums, less is better.
keeping the forum just focused on the game itself

To be honest, The overall amount of different things in the forums is daunting. It is extremely frustrating. I have found zero information about the game I have searched for. If I did find it, then the information was poor at best.
Quality over quantity!!!!
Summary of rant.
I see this dividing the population even more. I see it being extremely unhelpful and adding nothing to the game Monsters. I think the forums to be revitalized, they need to be overhauled and reduced in size. I think in no way is "VIP" area's a good idea for a healthy population.
how interesting would it be for the majority of people who come to the forum to do nothing but discuss the game? even the huge forums(smashboards,po forums,etc) have areas for blowing off steam.
Quote:Edited in...

I just looked at the top where all those cool, last post, recent threads whatever, whatever is.

I see nothing about the game. I thought this forum was to support a game or am I wrong?
read the announcements section.read my point about how every forum has a games and fun area.heck most of every forum is games/anime/movie/whatever posts not related to a major topic of the forum.please refrain from criticizing something every forum does.
Signed,
Orboknown

A small population that is on an island will interact more than a small population scattered across a planet.
Also the search feature not many know how to use well. Your fault no. It's just true.
Areas to blow off steam, sure, great ,perfect. Do me a favor, why not go through and take inventory so to say. How much of the forum is actually for the game and how much is to blow off steam. Then see what is actually in those areas. Make some graphs, do some statistics. It would be an awesome forum research project. I think you would be perfect orbo for this job since you love the forums so much.

These forums are massive and confusing. That is all there is to that.

I might have misunderstood your actual idea, if its titles added to a posters name. That would be cool. If its exclusive area's, then not cool at all. You might want to make your idea clearer and fuller.

I reread it and it still seems like you would gain access to an area.
I can also view it as, gaining access to a title.

Either way this idea is cool for people who use the forum already, I do not see it attracting more players to it.

Is this game a forum game or a game we play where we catch monsters and battle and have fun?

From experience forums are to support a game. If that is in fact what this forum is for. If its just a social avenue like facebook, I think I won't be on it very much at all.

Also your last quote, I'm calling it fail under the pretense this forum is to support the game. Once again if its a social avenue, then I suppose it wouldn't be.

Snoozn
i support this,nice idea qorbo
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
It would be nice....yea i'll help
(2011-11-03, 10:02 PM)Snoozn Wrote: A small population that is on an island will interact more than a small population scattered across a planet.
we already have a small population doing all the interacting.its called me,guider,dei,gboss,rain,nitz,and pein.
Quote:Also the search feature not many know how to use well. Your fault no. It's just true.
'
its still there.better than searching everything by hand. Better yet,look at what the name of each boards is.tells ya what is in that board.
Quote:Areas to blow off steam, sure, great ,perfect. Do me a favor, why not go through and take inventory so to say. How much of the forum is actually for the game and how much is to blow off steam. Then see what is actually in those areas. Make some graphs, do some statistics. It would be an awesome forum research project. I think you would be perfect orbo for this job since you love the forums so much.
might take you up on that.
Quote:These forums are massive and confusing. That is all there is to that.
dude.this is actually one of the smaller forums. go look at www.smashboards.com and look at the number of posts.the number of users.then check how much of the boards are for smashbros compared to LoZ,video games,news,etc.
Quote:I might have misunderstood your actual idea, if its titles added to a posters name. That would be cool. If its exclusive area's, then not cool at all. You might want to make your idea clearer and fuller.

I reread it and it still seems like you would gain access to an area.
I can also view it as, gaining access to a title.
you get a title.you also gain access to a room where you can talk with others in your group without random forumites cutting in when they dont know what they are talking about.
Quote:Either way this idea is cool for people who use the forum already, I do not see it attracting more players to it.
ok.but it might make people who come to the forum stay around a tad longer.

Quote:Is this game a forum game or a game we play where we catch monsters and battle and have fun?
its both.like all major forums
Quote:From experience forums are to support a game.
its our news outlet.
Quote: If that is in fact what this forum is for. If its just a social avenue like facebook, I think I won't be on it very much at all.
suit yourself.
Quote:Also your last quote, I'm calling it fail under the pretense this forum is to support the game. Once again if its a social avenue, then I suppose it wouldn't be.
forums are news outlets and where we can discuss general events/things

orbo add me,and hectorwowow onto the supporters list
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
i just did.was composing megaanswer to snoozn.