Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It would be awesome for the small cost of 1 mill, you could buy an item that would re-randomise a monsters UV's.
not a bad idea
[Image: 34fxtdy.jpg]
I actually need to change some of my uv's for some of my monster... That's not a bad idea.
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
But they could've be changed in bad, not always in good. Oh, and, hello! I'm new Big Grin
Exactly totally random. Can't undo it. Use at your own risk.

Thinking about it a cost of 100k would suffice.
(2012-06-02, 08:01 AM)Igvy Wrote: Exactly totally random. Can't undo it. Use at your own risk.

Thinking about it a cost of 100k would suffice.
If you're using at your own risk, you should make it cheaper...
Nearly worthless...1 mil for an item that changes your uv's randomly? if its at the level you can catch it at...just go catch another one...it only costs 24 gold to use a monsterbox...

also this would only be even close to reasonable for use on ancients/lv100s...as using a item that costs 1mil on a monster thats not even worth 1 mil is the height of folly
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
bad idea i say if we buy uv change item then no one gonna donate much or donate
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
(2012-06-02, 09:36 AM)Quanto_Konami Wrote: Nearly worthless...1 mil for an item that changes your uv's randomly? if its at the level you can catch it at...just go catch another one...it only costs 24 gold to use a monsterbox...

also this would only be even close to reasonable for use on ancients/lv100s...as using a item that costs 1mil on a monster thats not even worth 1 mil is the height of folly
24 gold? People like me spend 74-75k for Ultimate boxes Big Grin
[Image: patrick_star_signature__by_astra_star-d393bi2.jpg]
Agreeing with Quanto...but this could be a useful item for people in a hurry to look for good uv'ed monsters to train for a tourney or something and don't want to spend a lot of time catching the right uv'ed one but it has to be cheaper...?
(2012-06-02, 11:51 AM)staff vidyasagar Wrote: bad idea i say if we buy uv change item then no one gonna donate much or donate
This wouldn't really compete with donating. there is a huge gap between random and a nice 45 across the board.

also, 100k is fairly cheap IMO. Tough to drop the price.

how it is worthless? You catch the right nature, then give it a shot or two at fixing the uvs.

Figured it would be a good money sink.
i still dont feel this is a super idea lol
The idea is actually not only good, but great.
If priced right, it is exactly what makes people spend a lot of money for chances without guaranteed success, a great money sink indeed.
Chances to get better then 45 across the board? Very very low. Chances to at least get better uvs then a disappointing 0? Pretty good.

The only thing i would change or add there is making 2 items instead of 1. A high priced one for Legends and Ancients, and a cheaper one for Zeniths and lower.
I'd say maybe ~ 50K for the cheaper one, 500k+ for the more expensive one, since a good natured Legend or Ancient is way harder to get
and would benefit a lot more then, say, an emissary from those uv rerolls.

Anyways, great idea!
[Image: un76e.jpg]
STAMP OF APPROVAL, SPEAK WISELY DAN DOES
(2012-06-02, 03:22 PM)Dandragoon Wrote: The idea is actually not only good, but great.
If priced right, it is exactly what makes people spend a lot of money for chances without guaranteed success, a great money sink indeed.
Chances to get better then 45 across the board? Very very low. Chances to at least get better uvs then a disappointing 0? Pretty good.

The only thing i would change or add there is making 2 items instead of 1. A high priced one for Legends and Ancients, and a cheaper one for Zeniths and lower.
I'd say maybe ~ 50K for the cheaper one, 500k+ for the more expensive one, since a good natured Legend or Ancient is way harder to get
and would benefit a lot more then, say, an emissary from those uv rerolls.

Anyways, great idea!
the uv prizeshould be more thats the problem
(2012-06-02, 03:55 PM)staff vidyasagar Wrote: the uv prizeshould be more thats the problem
So are you saying we just have to agree on a price?
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
yep...my main problem was the price...as you saw thats the only thing I argued against was it being 1 mil *and it being cheaper to use a monster box* but with dan's idea of seperating it based on class...you could have one cheap enough to be useful for emissaries and whatnot...and one expensive enough for the ancient's and legends that it wouldn't be too easy

anyways...zeniths should be included in the list with ancients and legends...

Thanks dan Smile
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
I like it.
well, i like the idea, but i don't think it would be fair to those people who donate for the full uvs and stuff. and what if someone doesn't have 1 million? sorta unfair.
I highly doubt this would work due to the fact as Staff mentioned it would defeat the purpose of people donating. A lot of people are donating money lately for nature changes and uv maxes. Adding an ingame item like that would defeat the purpose of donation for uv maxing which would lead to Cefurkan losing money...
[Image: tumblr_m8mm02adYC1qgqflko1_500.gif]
i highly disagree that those uv randomizers would defeat the puose of donating if split in 2 categorys.
First of all, next to no one would ever donate to max the uv of emissarys nowadays. So having an item that gives you are very slight chance to improve uvs would be a really nice way to get a goldsink there and not even touching the point where donations go right now.

As for the more expensive item for Legends/Ancients (and maybe Zeniths), it's really just math. There always have been players that donate for others to max uvs or change nature.
Shosh did it for as cheap as 3 million, today you can expect to pay maybe 8-15 million depending on the player.

Now just compare: 45 in all stats for a sure 10 million, OR (and here math kicks in) x chances to get somewhat useful uvs without any guarantee.
if the item is 500k, that would be 20 attempts for 10 million. You might end up with a useless mon or maybe, just maybe, one that is even better then a full uv one.
Taking chances if that high priced is a thing only players with really big wallets would do. And those are the people we want to spend their gold to get it out of the game.

So, i do not think that those super slight chances that come with very high gold costs would defeat the purpose of donating in any way - at all.
[Image: un76e.jpg]
dan said it and no ramza
Ok, time for some maths powers

Lets split them all into groups

1) regular/superior/starter (little to no current pvp value)
2) emissary (minor pvp value)
3) Zenith (decent pvp value)
4) Legendary (good pvp value)
5) Ancient (must have pvp value)

Lets look at the odds of finding these monsters

1) Everywhere so 25%
2) 5% - 25%
3) 0.5%
4) 0.15%
5) 0.01%

So if we were to price the group 2 uv rand at 100k, just from the odds of catching we would see this pricing split.

1) 50k?
2) 100k
3) 1M
4) 3.333M
5) 50M

This would be the same effective price of going and catching it yourself. Clearly one fixed price won't do.

This is what the maths say. Now we need analysis power to use this is the real world. Things get more hand wavy now.

So i'm going to suggest...

1) 50k

2) 100k

3) 1M

4) 3M

5) 10M

Thoughts?

If people want, we can cap the UV's at 45, to prevent it from being "better" than donating. (odds are really small unless you only care about one stat, then it is 5/50)
But maybe if you donate you can get a special item that isn't caped at 45, and has slightly skewed random distribution. Maybe.
the more expensive randomizer should have a smaller range that it skews through, maybe 15-40 or something since it would only be usable on ancients/legends/zeniths/donated mons?
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
love that alot
love that alot..