Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yes I called you Gimpers. Anyways, for those of you who want to learn gimp, be awesome, and make lots of signatures......... Well this is the place for you to learn! Tongue

Now, read lots of tutorials. If you want to do work like Deidara, this is the tutorial that he used which got him started. Thanks to this tutorial, Deidara now can make signatures without them Big Grin

Tutorial Url : https://www.squidoo.com/gimp-full-signature-tutorial

Okay now that's done. Now, when you download Gimp, you will need more font that look better on different signatures. More Font = the better the text = the better the sig looks.

So for font, you should use this : www.dafont.com

Now you have font that you like. Now, for the main image in a signature or avatar, would be a render. I can't make renders so don't ask me. Renders would be where it's an image of an anime character without a background.

You can use : www.planetrenders.net www.google.com www.tinypic.com www.photobucket.com

Now, you have the tutorial, the font, the renders, what's one of the important things for a signature again? Oh yes, the brushes. You most definitely need the brushes. Oh beautiful brushes how you are needed! Tongue

Use www.deviantart.com Just search : Gimp brushes

Get any brush that looks good to you. That's what I did lol. Why do you need brushes? Well duh, you need to make the signature look good!!!! Decorate it a bit!

I feel as though I am forgetting some stuff. I was thinking about something but then I suddenly forgot. This happens, don't worry. Just let me think a bit.. *dead serious* Uhmm..

Alright so you got everything almost. Oh yes!! The C4D renders!!!! There we go. C4Ds make your signature look ~absolutely amazing~. Scroll up for render links. BTW this is a heads up for everyone!!! When looking for C4D renders, get ones that look good to you but, make sure that it is absolutely virus free. I got a C4D render and it totally screwed up my laptop. It had a HUGE virus. I forget which one it was but I still had the C4D, it's just that once I got it, a virus showed up annoying me, irritating me, and then boom! Virus ate my laptop. My laptop is purified now Smile

Anyways, to conclude all of this. Read lots of tutorials, get brushes and fonts, etc. They will help you big time!

You will get a good result by reading those tutorials. Try your best! Do not give up! If you give up, you might get a signature like this : [Image: WeGotIt.jpg]

But, with a little more effort than that and more tutorial reading, you will get something like : [Image: JanembaSig.jpg]

And then, when you got the hang of it! Absolutely sure of yourself and are happy with your work, you will get : [Image: NatsuSig3.jpg]

Or [Image: Kakashisig-1.jpg]

Or [Image: GotenSig-2.jpg]

Have fun. Do your best. Good luck. If you have any questions, post here.

You can find other examples of Gimp signatures at : DeviantArt
Oh yeah, I keep a folder of tutorials I've found on dA for all sorts of things, and that includes siggys~

https://willowtruise.deviantart.com/favourites/41810548

I occasionally reference these tuts whenever I make signatures, so these might help. >;3

Also, GIMP can be used for just about anything from drawings, to text art, to sprites. I use it for spriting and graphics. >;3
Thanks for this link and helpfulness. Smile

Edit: This is what I got after the Tutorial:
[Image: Aza1999Sig.jpg]
Good information in here, even I picked up a couple of things. c:

Side note, GIMP 2.8 has been released! I.. cried a little. It's good stuff, though; makes it easier to get started. And for you button-makers, it's gotten much friendlier with the text tools!
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
Yea I know =_= My mom's a paranoid moron and won't let me get GIMP. I miss my GIMP =.= I miss making sigs and wallpapers and there is so much new material ;-;
Tried using this, a bit of my own stuff.... Went crazy in the end:
[Image: 5rlZ3.png]
[Image: 33db1vm.png]
It looks good but I'm not liking the render.
That really helped esp the tutorial at squidoo.Thanks : ]
here's what i got: [Image: 4eddeae259f51599cb83360747dd0a80-d51gdv1.png]
[Image: Killuasignaturewip.png]

Now Taking Art Commissions for Signatures/Avatars
My Art Gallery: Ellioums Art Gallery
(2012-05-28, 01:03 AM)Ellioum Wrote: here's what i got: [Image: 4eddeae259f51599cb83360747dd0a80-d51gdv1.png]
That is a little blurry and unclear but it looks really good. I like the colors used.
I say use a different font other than that looks epic
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
(2012-05-28, 01:27 AM)Pein Wrote: I say use a different font other than that looks epic
U should try this and become a team artist Big Grin
Nice Work guys. I personally use photoshop cs5 64bit and i can do allot of things with it. Even though gimp looks so easy to use nice tool Smile.
I'd recommend Gimp for beginners and to learn before moving up to Photoshop CS and stuff Tongue
(2012-05-28, 01:51 AM)Kamidara Wrote:
(2012-05-28, 01:27 AM)Pein Wrote: I say use a different font other than that looks epic
U should try this and become a team artist Big Grin
Thank you very much! I love feedback on things I make and that literally made my day Heart I'll clean it up a little bit later when i get the chance probably sometime tomorrow afternoon and i have like 70 or so different fonts so I'll mess around with it. still getting used to gimp just started using it and the tutorials that were linked at the front were a big help at getting me accustomed to the controls and different effects and for that i greatly thank you all! :3 Heart

(2012-05-28, 01:12 AM)Kamidara Wrote:
(2012-05-28, 01:03 AM)Ellioum Wrote: here's what i got: [Image: 4eddeae259f51599cb83360747dd0a80-d51gdv1.png]
That is a little blurry and unclear but it looks really good. I like the colors used.
also about the blurriness is that referring to the blur on the image right of the text or the subtext and the image? if so i'll go back and redo the render real quick. :3

Updated version :3 [Image: 148992_434055976612891_1818612791_n.jpg]
[Image: Killuasignaturewip.png]

Now Taking Art Commissions for Signatures/Avatars
My Art Gallery: Ellioums Art Gallery
So much awesomeness o.o