Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rainbow 
Below is Ladder Type PvP that should offer player rewards during the event by requiring challengers of a higher player to pay a fee if they lose the challenge.

You not only will gain a ladder rank with wins, but you also can siphon off money from lower opponents if they so foolishly challenge you, when your the higher power!

THIS WILL provide an incentive to train up, get stronger, find better monsters, and ultimately create a competitive atmosphere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important to note: The only challenges that a player above you in the ladder must accept are free for all 1-100 all tiers, that abide by the rules of this tournament.

However, if you and your opponent decide to battle for the ladder using a stipulation of 69 emissary only, or whatever it may be, I will gladly count your match...However, the opponent does not have to accept a challenge with stipulations not provided in the rules here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At 10 people entered, I will do random seeding which will set the ladder at the start:

1.Uknowmyname (200k)
2.Jigglypuff (200k)
3.Terank (100k)
4.Bobnohope (100k)
5.Xrposiedon (100k)
6.xyx (50k)
7.123 (50k)
8.uknowme (50k)
9.monkeyinatree (50k)
10.watchouthepee (50k)
11. ANYTHING (EVERYTHING BELOW RANK 11 = 30k match)

Entry Fee--- 500k (Due before any matches will count)

RULES:
1)No restrictions on monsters or monster types.
2)No 1k power moves allowed (This refers to bomber, exhausting strike, and the like)
3)No health items allowed (includes mp scrolls, revives, potions)
4)No battle drugs allowed.
5)Once the challenge is made via chat. You MUST accept as soon as you are able to get set up.
6)Any player joining the league after initial seeds are done, will join at the end of the ladder.
7)Matches that are completed may be posted via forum or PMed to me in game. Any refusal to pay losers fees after a lost challenge will result in removal from the ladder without refund of entry fee.

How it works:

---------You may challenge any spot ABOVE you on the ladder. (However, if the challenger from a lower position loses, they must pay the prices above their name up to and including the spot they are challenging for.)

This works as follows

1.Uknowmyname (200k)
2.Jigglypuff (200k)
3.Terank (100k)
4.Bobnohope (100k)
5.Xrposiedon (100k) I challenge for spot 2...but LOSE.
I must pay to Jigglypuff a total of 400k, For spots 4, 3, and 2.
100k For Spot 4, 100k for Spot 3, and 200k for Spot 2.

If You win a Challenge for a spot.

------That player then switches spots with you on the ladder.

::: This means that the #10 player can challenge #1, and by winning, make #1 the new #10 by taking his place.

Prizes: At the end of March 7th 11:59 -12:00AM March 8th Eastern Time Zone-- Ladder ends.

King of the Ladder (1st place) --- 70% of all entry fees paid.

2nd Place -
-- 20% of all entry fees

3rd Place --- 10% of all entry fees.

4th Place --- 500k

5th Place --- 500k

IMPORTANT!!!!
ONLY THE CHALLENGER MUST PAY THE Losing Fee. The person holding the spot being challenged for, only risks losing their spot.

so....this ia like an elite four kind of thing?
quanto you ninja.-.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Quanto whatcha mean rake in cash? The person being challenged has nothing to lose other than their spot, only the challenger must pay the fee if they lose.
nice tour
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
Not a tournament! A league!
I have something similar to this except there is no um monster money gains.
[Image: image]
yea i just want to provide an incentive for pvp, a risk factor, to see how "brave" people are to challenge up a spot or 3

also im gonna add a clause on it that if you both agree to a format, be it 69 emissary, or whatever, and you both say thats what the match will be for it to count, I will count that as well. You dont have to accept those challenges with stipulations, however you must accept a challenge that is free for all 1-100
(2012-02-07, 06:51 PM)Xrposiedon Wrote: yea i just want to provide an incentive for pvp, a risk factor, to see how "brave" people are to challenge up a spot or 3

also im gonna add a clause on it that if you both agree to a format, be it 69 emissary, or whatever, and you both say thats what the match will be for it to count, I will count that as well. You dont have to accept those challenges with stipulations, however you must accept a challenge that is free for all 1-100
You have a lot of interesting ideas I wish you would join Akatslowi.

(2012-02-07, 06:52 PM)Uncle Lung Fish Wrote: You have a lot of interesting ideas I wish you would join Akatslowi.
Thanks Uncle. I may someday if the offer is still good. I just enjoy running things for others and seeing if I can create a new environment that is not only fun, but competitive.

My next actual tournament will be lvl 69 Superior tournament with one little twist....You can use, regulars, superiors, starters (not bought); AND this is the game changer, you can use non fully evolved emissaries because they have similar stats to superiors.

This would mean that you could use a prinsinge, but not a kingnite, or you could use an Anciench, but not a colecoil, or a Lampheer but not Requievil.

(2012-02-07, 07:10 PM)Xrposiedon Wrote:
(2012-02-07, 06:52 PM)Uncle Lung Fish Wrote: You have a lot of interesting ideas I wish you would join Akatslowi.
Thanks Uncle. I may someday if the offer is still good. I just enjoy running things for others and seeing if I can create a new environment that is not only fun, but competitive.

My next actual tournament will be lvl 69 Superior tournament with one little twist....You can use, regulars, superiors, starters (not bought); AND this is the game changer, you can use non fully evolved emissaries because they have similar stats to superiors.

This would mean that you could use a prinsinge, but not a kingnite, or you could use an Anciench, but not a colecoil, or a Lampheer but not Requievil.
I actually tried to run a tour like that once but it was not lvl 69s. Maybe that is why it failed. But, ya anytime you want to join just pm me or post on our forum. We could use an organizer.

(2012-02-07, 07:17 PM)Uncle Lung Fish Wrote:

I actually tried to run a tour like that once but it was not lvl 69s. Maybe that is why it failed. But, ya anytime you want to join just pm me or post on our forum. We could use an organizer.
What do you mean organizer? For team run tournaments? Or just an organizer as in guild management or what?

(2012-02-07, 07:22 PM)Xrposiedon Wrote:
(2012-02-07, 07:17 PM)Uncle Lung Fish Wrote:

What do you mean organizer? For team run tournaments? Or just an organizer as in guild management or what?
Organizer = someone who formulates ideas, possibly runs things, etc.

Ahh, ok well sounds interesting.

My personal goal right now is to formulate a competitive environment among everyone. The only issue I would have being an organizer for Akatslowi would be my propensity to want to create competitions and events designed for the high end game, rather than incorporating a much larger new player group that is currently not farmed as well as the top end of the server.

I always have viewed games in two aspects: Keep the top players happy because usually your top players are your donators, purchasers, and players daily. However, at the same time I view any game should cater to the newer players to provide not only a stepping stone, but to create and maintain interest in the game throughout game-play from 1-100.

I think that the stronger your player retention is in a game, is the true factor of success.

So in closing. I will think about it, maybe I will pm you and we can discuss it further.