Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Server Move-Pool Mayhem
Are the move pools for individual monsters randomly generated on the test server or did someone make them?

If they're random and in need of an overhaul, I'd love to help fix them. If they are set, than they need to be opened back up and tweaked.

Either way they need to be fixed.

Let me know if I can help and I'll get to fixin'

Thanks!
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
so generous of u knost and i think they're random
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
(2012-12-18, 11:46 AM)staff vidyasagar Wrote: so generous of u knost and i think they're random
They seem random lol
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
They are random. The move abilities are also random.

I think they are going to be put together correctly, anytime..
CeFurkan placed it on a random move assigning software... test server will have completely illogical move effects and damages... :'(

Although the real server sin't getting the random joke.
Constantly dying yet never dead
well people hopefully this time move assignment will be last
so we will start fixing features - name matching Smile

only names will be fixed features will stay same
That's terrible. Almost makes the game unplayable imo
(2012-12-19, 12:21 AM)Knost Wrote: That's terrible. Almost makes the game unplayable imo
ye move names and features are not making sense right now
but once features are there, naming should be easier
I'm not worried about the names so much as I am the move pools. If you take the already hard task of finding a good monster with the right nature and uv's and then add in random abilities/move pools, the game becomes too hard/unplayable.

If the game is intended to grow beyond your regulars these issue need to be fixed.
So can we fix them?
(2012-12-19, 12:30 AM)Knost Wrote: I'm not worried about the names so much as I am the move pools. If you take the already hard task of finding a good monster with the right nature and uv's and then add in random abilities/move pools, the game becomes too hard/unplayable.

If the game is intended to grow beyond your regulars these issue need to be fixed.
then don't add that task to yourself

also update is ready but decided to redesign manage monsters storage page as our new see user all monsters page
so it will be a lot easy to add your team or remove from your team
So, it's a problem, but oh well? Just don't try to get a good monster if its too hard?

Wow.
i can't even express how much i agree with knost.

I mentioned my dislike for the state of moves in the test server feedback, and nothing has changed besides names.
And honestly, it's what a move does, not what it is named that is important.

Explanation of the problems:

1. There are still a ton of moves with different names that do basically the very same thing. 1 more accuracy here, 1 less damage there, but all the same.
That's completely irrelevant and only adds to the ammount of confusion people will experience and makes it harder to memorize moves that are actually good.
I also noticed there are moves in lower power tiers that are better then some in a tier or even 2 above. 
like, 1 move tier 6 does 100 damage, 70 accuracy, and there's one with the exact same element and type that does 98 damage and has 69 accuracy in tier 7.
Why even?

2. The way the software put moves together is very undesirable. Almost every move has some sort of extra that makes it more "expensive" at the cost of the really important stats.
I don't care for a 10% chance to get any effect really. Nobody really does. Either you have a move with at least a 40-50% chance to inflict a status or it becomes irrelevant.

From a player standpoint you want a move that does something reliable, from a accuracy standpoint as well as a % chance to do effects. All those 5-25% chance to do whatever moves that have in return low damage and/or accuracy are pretty much worthless. Most Tier 9-10 Moves that are supposed to be strong have accuracy somewhere around 50% and a whole bunch of strange effects rather then doing something good. 150 damage, 50 accuracy, 10% chance for effect a, 10% effect b, 15% effect c is something i see quite often, when all we players that care for mechanics want is a move that is more like 100 damage, 80 accuracy, 80% effect a.

I feel like there is no more.. frame, i'd say, in which moves do things. With random effects all over the place, and much lower accuracy on moves on average due to all those low effect chances, it all feels so random and unbalanced, i can't help it. Where are our 1k accuracy damage moves? It seems like those haven't been implemented in the software, except for status moves, and even those do a whole bunch of things very half hearted and unreliable due to low % chances.

"Random" and "Unreliable" are the 2 words i would use to describe the whole move situation. And to really fix it, human beeings would need to manually fix them, or a few more parameters need to be set for the software.
[Image: un76e.jpg]