Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tax system discussion
Information 
Whenever a trade happened or monster sold at the bazaar there will be 10% cut from the money receiver

So if you sell a monster from 1m you will receive 900k instead of 1m
Or when your monster on trade got 1m gold offer you will receive 900k instead of 1m

These tax cuts will be globally accumulated and whenever 100m gold accumulated there will be automatically 100% extra gold & exp event for 1 hour

Also if trade or buy & sell event happens on the same ip, there won't be any tax applied. So you can transfer your money between your accounts without any tax.

Discuss

---

Tax system is also applied by Blizzard @ Diablo 3
It is 15% at that game

And they don't make any event ^^
Seems fair enough. A little easy to get by though.

So if you want 1m, you sell a monster for 1,100,000 ?
(2012-08-28, 02:24 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Seems fair enough. A little easy to get by though.

a little math here

x * 90/100 = 1,000,000
x = 1,111,111
(2012-08-28, 02:21 AM)CeFurkan Wrote: Whenever a trade happened or monster sold at the bazaar there will be 10% cut from the money receiver

So if you sell a monster from 1m you will receive 900k instead of 1m
Or when your monster on trade got 1m gold offer you will receive 900k instead of 1m

These tax cuts will be globally accumulated and whenever 100m gold accumulated there will be automatically 100% extra gold & exp event for 1 hour

Discuss

---

Tax system is also applied by Blizzard @ Diablo 3
It is 15% at that game

And they don't make any event ^^
i dont understand
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
yes, but the purpose of this is to make the total gold in the whole server to decrease and it will still work.
(2012-08-28, 02:24 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Seems fair enough. A little easy to get by though.

another way is to start charging at monster center. (please dont kill me for this)
[Image: 501b5ca62c27bjpg.png]

what if you sell somethin for 9 gold or less ?
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]

Your not getting by anything... no matter what you do you pay the tax. But yes you have to keep the tax in mind if you want a certain amount.

(2012-08-28, 02:37 AM)zacherymatthews Wrote: what if you sell somethin for 9 gold or less ?

Then the tax would be a rounded 10% of 9 gold
(2012-08-28, 02:32 AM)swjfire Wrote: yes, but the purpose of this is to make the total gold in the whole server to decrease and it will still work.

another way is to start charging at monster center. (please dont kill me for this)
Don't post something if you're scared of what someone else will say.

Newbies need the monster center, they only start out with 250 gold. Charging for usage of the Monster Center is just overkill in the game. Shouldn't happen.
is it wrong to fear death ? Big Grin

on topic: many ways to program conditions that will charge only lvl 100 monsters for healing, but its not going to be popular.

tax is looking good now..
(2012-08-28, 02:41 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote:
(2012-08-28, 02:32 AM)swjfire Wrote: yes, but the purpose of this is to make the total gold in the whole server to decrease and it will still work.

Don't post something if you're scared of what someone else will say.

Newbies need the monster center, they only start out with 250 gold. Charging for usage of the Monster Center is just overkill in the game. Shouldn't happen.

yeah, i think cefurkan's plan is good. and look we get an event at the end. but just the clarify, the 100m just disappears right?
Simple to get around, just raise the price of all monsters by a certain percent to cover the extra 10% that is taken off.

Doesn't do anything but drive up the costs of monsters. Anyone who makes their gold via the market will just Raise prices.

Same thing happens irl. If you raise taxes, people charge more. It might not be a lot more, but eventually it piles up.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
It's going to be an adjustment, but I think it's a good idea
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.
For issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

[Image: Gavel-Outside-w.jpg]
(2012-08-28, 04:18 AM)Cpt. Obvious Wrote: It's going to be an adjustment, but I think it's a good idea
All it does is hike up prices for noobs.

Instead of selling a monster for 1.00 gold, sell it for 1.13 Gold per piece. That ratio totally hijacks the tax system.

This system will just drive up prices and is waaay to easy to circumvent-late. It should either be not implemented or made stricter.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
I just supported this in the other thread and adding events after ANY accumulated amount makes it better. I jumped into the very low ranks in a matter of two weeks. This was because of my ability to grab a free 100k gold, use my first day to learn about the game, come back and grab the double money. Then I bought a high level monster, went map to map so I could fly around and grabbed as much money as I could to buy the rare monsters off the market. A price increase of 13% is not a bad thing for noobs, we get more cash than we need if we take the time to look where to get it. Some relevant stats supporting this, Highest monster level = 74, Top Trainer Rank = 192. I've literally earned 14 levels for myself on my strongest monster.
(2012-08-28, 02:21 AM)CeFurkan Wrote: These tax cuts will be globally accumulated and whenever 100m gold accumulated there will be automatically 100% extra gold & exp event for 1 hour
Hey Boss! Implementing this tax system thingy is no problem with me, it's the event i'm questioning. Would it hurt the game if you'll extend the event period, 12 or 24 hours maybe.
it should be 10% (or12%)
since 10% is a fair a mount and not that much.

eg.
person x is buying a lvl100 jet for 7m.
person y sells it for 8m.
person x decides to buy it.
person y gets 7,200,000
and the econy of the game will grow (high)

5% isnt good because, you can spam kill legends to get more than what it is.\

so practically, 10%-12% is the best
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
I agree with the idea 10% is fair enough and having an event to show that the money at least goes to something is good
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
idea is good. a slight raise later on if it isn't enough.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
10% base, if not enough, +2% raise = 12%
12% if not enough, make it =20% (prolly wont be possible.. too high xD)
and so on and so forth..

but, what the others are asking?
5%? 2%?
thats like..
20g in 1000g
Like the monsters aren't expensive already.. Dodgy

Umm.. addition to the 100m thing, can there be a little bar in the market thing labeled "Bank" and it shows how much gold was added? So, just for fun, users can see how much it takes to reach that little mini-event ;D
good thinking, but doubt it works.
particularly some guys make the effort, random guys get the benefits.
And as high trading volume happens at certain point of day, its also a discrimination for those who plays in other time period.
(2012-08-28, 05:13 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Like the monsters aren't expensive already.. Dodgy

Umm.. addition to the 100m thing, can there be a little bar in the market thing labeled "Bank" and it shows how much gold was added? So, just for fun, users can see how much it takes to reach that little mini-event ;D

Big Grin ofc
Awesome natured monsters are expensive..

How about the others?

You see, in 10minutes, a person who just joined here can buy a legend already (through voting) for only like 10k-55k

So, with this, atleast the price range (of ugly legends)
may go up maybe about 100k-500k+++

So this idead is goooooood Big Grin

~swooooosh~
Like.

And 100mil... for me it's too big, but i dunno with you people.

And what would happen if you sell a monster for 1 gold?
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
(2012-08-29, 03:57 AM)Ramza_X Wrote: Like.

And 100mil... for me it's too big, but i dunno with you people.
Quite a few users reached 100m by themselves.

This 100m is gathered by the whole community. It might actually be a quick, 1 hour mini-event a lot.
As i stated waaay back in a thread about economy, taxes have been one of the points i made. So i will support this idea of course.
10% seem fair enough, can be adjusted later if needed.

About the 1 hour events: Don't do Exp & Gold, as it defeats the purpose of taking away Gold just to let people constantly earn more gold in return.
Cut it to 100% exp, which is still nice, and drop the gold part, then it all makes sense.
[Image: un76e.jpg]
i totally agree on the part about double gold bonus, doubling the gold recieved from zenith hunting is no small amount.

might end up generating more gold than lessening it.
(2012-08-29, 07:12 AM)Dandragoon Wrote: As i stated waaay back in a thread about economy, taxes have been one of the points i made. So i will support this idea of course.

About the 1 hour events: Don't do Exp & Gold, as it defeats the purpose of taking away Gold just to let people constantly earn more gold in return.
Cut it to 100% exp, which is still nice, and drop the gold part, then it all makes sense.

(2012-08-29, 07:35 AM)swjfire Wrote: i totally agree on the part about double gold bonus, doubling the gold recieved from zenith hunting is no small amount.

might end up generating more gold than lessening it.
(2012-08-29, 07:12 AM)Dandragoon Wrote: As i stated waaay back in a thread about economy, taxes have been one of the points i made. So i will support this idea of course.

Bolded out all the things I like.
Constantly dying yet never dead
So, an equivalent change would be 200% exp boost 1 hour?
like it
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
bump.
although, there is tax, weekend event should still have gold boosts, since basically when is the time we get enough gold for ulti boxes, etc? (exept voting)
through boosts ofc