Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Reducing the gold.
You just failed your own argument..
no i didn't. there are many ways of earning gold, not just battling npcs.
(2012-08-26, 09:02 PM)Viperianw Wrote: no i didn't. there are many ways of earning gold, not just battling npcs.
Wait, doesn't that just prove my argument to be correct and not yours?

... Okay um, Thanks I guess?
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
what was your argument in the first place?!?!?!?!? anyways, tax is different for everything....besides, i was talking about the market/economy, not the way that i earn gold.
(2012-08-26, 09:10 PM)Viperianw Wrote: what was your argument in the first place?!?!?!?!? anyways, tax is different for everything....besides, i was talking about the market/economy, not the way that i earn gold.
Lol.

Making an argument against me when you don't know my argument.

lol.
CeFurkan Wrote:
I think if you want to reduce inflation, do a flat tax on market gains, and just not have a huge sum of money given by ncps.
NPCs won't give a lot of gold anyway. I can probably say, from the Ancient Sages, you'll get around 10k maybe. From regulars, you can get almost any amount and the amounts given are kinda depended on where they are and what their monsters are.

So, in the higher maps, you'll get more. Lower maps, pfft whatever.
we still need a better way than CeFurkan's method to get rid of the excess gold in the game
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
(2012-08-26, 10:04 PM)Snes Wrote: I think if you want to reduce inflation, do a flat tax on market gains, and just not have a huge sum of money given by ncps.
Inflation is the wrong word.

Inflation would mean that we have to little money to buy anything. the problem is DEFLATION. We have TO MUCH money.

Personally I think cefurkan's method is fine.
CeFurkan Wrote:
Well, this tax thing would be automatic so..

Hmm.. Kinda want the tax to go towards something.. ya know? Unless just have it deleted or bla bla.

I blame zeniths and legends <.< Easy to find, easy gold. Change the voting rewards could also work, right?

Turn it into like.. 200% exp boost only, instead of giving gold.
well with the new run thing it makes it harder to farm zeniths/legends

but still...if only the gold could like "divide" and go to players that need it badly.
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
(2012-08-26, 10:18 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Well, this tax thing would be automatic so..

Hmm.. Kinda want the tax to go towards something.. ya know? Unless just have it deleted or bla bla.

I blame zeniths and legends <.< Easy to find, easy gold. Change the voting rewards could also work, right?

Turn it into like.. 200% exp boost only, instead of giving gold.
Oh almost forgot, In the update the massive exp and gold boost won't be there so maybe that will reduce the gold in game

Credits to SparrowHawk
(2012-08-26, 10:20 PM)Guider456 Wrote: well with the new run thing it makes it harder to farm zeniths/legends

but still...if only the gold could like "divide" and go to players that need it badly.
This is still a competitive game. no reason to give the noobies who won't work for gold money. That right there is the whole reason America is in so much trouble xD
CeFurkan Wrote:
too bad there couldnt be a way to use gold to make npcs tougher but you dont get much more gold boost from them.

probably a bad idea though :/

*temporarily tougher.
(2012-08-26, 11:12 PM)Guider456 Wrote: too bad there couldnt be a way to use gold to make npcs tougher but you dont get much more gold boost from them.

probably a bad idea though :/

*temporarily tougher.
Hmm... Buy tougher NPCs for a day that still give the same amount of gold?

Megusta.
CeFurkan Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 10:17 PM)Nitz_X Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 10:04 PM)Snes Wrote: I think if you want to reduce inflation, do a flat tax on market gains, and just not have a huge sum of money given by ncps.
Inflation is the wrong word.

Inflation would mean that we have to little money to buy anything. the problem is DEFLATION. We have TO MUCH money.

Personally I think cefurkan's method is fine.
inflation is the right word, because as more gold gets out, the more expensive monsters will get, because the gold is loosing value. it is happening to the dollar right now. but i agree with cefurkans plan as well, the goal is control how much money is in circulation. so the best way is just let it disappear.
One way this could work is to let 1,000,000,000 be the limit of gold one can have or 900,000,000. Which means, it will stop exactly on that number and they can't gain anymore.

No one would be able to keep it though because you cannot resist the urge to buy something with that much gold *_* Also, items are more expensive and we don't have an unlimited supply in our inbox right? So, they have to spend on more items. 99 each if you don't want to go to the store often.

The money from the market goes no where, just deleted.
see you can raise prices on the item store, forcing more money to be spent. with the tax on the regular market, this should be enough to curb the problem, right?
Maybe I've missed something somewhere...but aren't the npc's going to give items/experience? And if so, why should they give gold if they are giving items and experience? There are plenty of items that are pretty expensive to buy; however, earning these items instead of gold from the npc's would encourage players to train their teams better in order to get them.
[Image: 2vru43d.jpg]
you're wrong. inflation is a period of time in which money becomes useless due to the massive amounts of currency printed or made. like between the US and china.
thats exactly what i said. money loses value because there is so much in circulation that products increase in price, thus what a dollar could buy at one time is far less than after inflation.
what snes said. Tongue
(2012-08-27, 12:16 AM)Char02 Wrote: Maybe I've missed something somewhere...but aren't the npc's going to give items/experience? And if so, why should they give gold if they are giving items and experience? There are plenty of items that are pretty expensive to buy; however, earning these items instead of gold from the npc's would encourage players to train their teams better in order to get them.
NPCs aren't supposed to always give items though.

CeFurkan might add the "Item Drop" feature to NPCs and Monsters to where it's rare, meaning doesn't happen very often.

It's traditional to make NPCs give money and exp ;-; dun take it awaaaayy..
Anyways, until update this idea has no actual purpose since we are not sure if it will have a bad economy in the update, with suspected price increase on items and the SUPER exp and gold bonuses are going to be reduce this idea might be a failure

Credits to SparrowHawk
I support, but 30% is a lot like most people said.
[Image: 1z69xds.jpg]
If you want a signature like this, I can make you one by ordering in this thread: http://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-Mu...First-Time
i support this Big Grin i think it should either be 5% or 10%.......nah 10% too big 5% is a jawsome amount Tongue
[Image: 2vkani9.jpg]
Small words FTW 8D
howabout 6% like normal tax
Special Attack COFFEE TABLE FLIP!!!- Lord death
I shall not be defeated by toilet paper-Death the kid
FOOLS!- Excalibur
Pumpkin Pump-Pumpkin- BLAIR!!!

I love anime 

Fairy tail
Soul Eater
Fullmetal Alchemist
nah 5% is enough X3
[Image: 2vkani9.jpg]
Small words FTW 8D
(2012-08-27, 12:16 AM)Char02 Wrote: Maybe I've missed something somewhere...but aren't the npc's going to give items/experience? And if so, why should they give gold if they are giving items and experience? There are plenty of items that are pretty expensive to buy; however, earning these items instead of gold from the npc's would encourage players to train their teams better in order to get them.
the bad side to this?

you wont be able to get gold to buy new monsters and that

i mean theres always selling your monsters and battling zeniths-ancients but still.
Funny....everyone talks about how it would be a good idea to curb the amount of gold in the game, but no one wants to reduce the amount coming in. Why do people think it is a better idea to find more ways to bring in gold (i.e. through npc's) and then raise item/monster prices and introduce taxes to control it? Why not control it at the outset? How will new people get ai items....by training their monsters well enough to fight certain npc's to earn them. Various monster boxes and items...same way. Let defeating the arenas be a way of getting extra gold since you will only be able to defeat the arena leaders once. If there is an elite four equivalent, let gold be earned by defeating them daily, if you can. Otherwise, earn gold through fighting the wild monsters by training your teams (like we are currently doing). Let the prices of monsters for sale come down to where they should be, instead of being so elevated like they are now. If there is less gold coming into the system, then people won't be able to charge as much for their monsters since potential buyers won't have as much to spend.

Anyways, as Pein mentioned, ultimately it will be Cefurkan's decision......
[Image: 2vru43d.jpg]