Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An idea brought up by Tayjo earlier in chat, a separate rank called "PvP rank", which focuses on strength and in-battle ability rather than catching and training. Each PvP win could give a number of points that will keep adding, the higher points the better!

Pros:
  • The players who will rather focus heavily on utilizing strategies and battling in PvP's will be more recognized.
  • Players who have only a few but strong PvP monsters but have low DMS can get a good rank in the "PvP ranks"
Cons:
  • Usage of alternate accounts for spamming PvP victories
Overall it's a good rank for PvP'ers but will be easily abused via Alt accounts, unless an IP scan to verify a victory is added.

Pointing system:
1 point = per victory via Surrender (No matter the number and level of enemy's Monsters)

Points stay the same for Regulars and Superiors, +1 point for Starters and Emissaries, +2 for Zeniths, +3 for Legends and +4 for ancients
1 point = per defeat of a monster levels 1-20
2 points = per defeat of a monster level 21-49
3 points = per defeat of a monster levels 50-60
4 points = per defeat of a monster levels 61-69
5 points = per defeat of a monster levels 70-84
6 points = per defeat of a monster levels 85-99
7 points = per defeat of a monster level 100

Points are added after a PvP battle, win or lose. So if you beat 4 of the enemy's monsters that are level 40-49 but you lost, you still get (2 x 4) 8 points.
Beating a player with a PvP rank lower than you by 500-1000 grants 50% less points (if the points isn't a whole number, round down :D) and a difference above 1000 will grant 0% rewards :(

Stay inactive in the PvP realm and lose points. They will decrease by 1% perhaps for everyday after 3 days. Losing will also cost you some points, which is 50% of the winner's point profit.

Notes:
  • The IP scan before checking for points bit is now bolded, since I think it will help this suggestion greatly.
  • Igvy's suggestion about no points earned when the enemy is too far down the ranks is also added.
  • Class system is now also added
ESP list
  1. fjkulit
  2. Lolzinator
  3. Ramza_X
  4. Tayjo
  5. Zerion
  6. muytr
  7. Viperanw
  8. SlimJimForHim
  9. swjfire
  10. zacherymatthews
Constantly dying yet never dead
i SUPPORT?
o.o
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
this sounds like a greit idea.. i support this Smile
[Image: viking.png]

The Vikings Will Rampage.
SUPPORT, but alt accounts WILL be a problem...
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
I obviously support this ^^
Yeah of course, you made the idea lol
(2012-06-22, 09:54 AM)Tayjo Wrote: I obviously support this ^^
About the cons: you could make it so you would be given less points when defeating lower lvl mons :/
Yeah maybe if this suggestion makes it through, a table for points gotten after a victory.
1 point = victory via surrender (No matter how many and what level the enemy's Monsters are)
1 point = per defeat of a monster levels 1-20
2 points = per defeat of a monster levels 30-49

Points can bea dded after the PvP battle, over there saying: PvP points gained: ___
yeah that would be cool!
how about adding a score for individual mons getting a "pvp points earned:"
shouldn't be grindable. A measure of real skill.

I'd suggest a ranking ladder. Where defeating an opponent too far down the ladder, winning has no effect.

If you don't pvp in a week you go down a ranking.
Igvy...that could work too, but what if someone needs a short break or has to get a short leave?
And the ladder bit, YES to THAT!
(2012-06-22, 10:10 AM)Igvy Wrote: shouldn't be grindable. A measure of real skill.

I'd suggest a ranking ladder. Where defeating an opponent too far down the ladder, winning has no effect.

I don't really think you should loose rank from being a little inactive.. remember that there is alot of guys who may want to be playing 24/7,
but does not have the Opportunity... The only way you'r rank should fall was if someone got more points than you. Thats what i think

(2012-06-22, 10:14 AM)Lolzinator Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 10:10 AM)Igvy Wrote: shouldn't be grindable. A measure of real skill.

I don't really think you should loose rank from being a little inactive.. remember that there is alot of guys who may want to be playing 24/7,
but does not have the uppertunity... The only way you'r rank should fall was if someone got more points than you. Thats what i think
uppertunity, seriously? lol.
sorry, i "May" have misspelled that... but whatever, you got my point, and that is what matters!

yeah or you could maybe steal a percentage of opponents pvp points, so that new players who still, decpite of being new, are good have a chance of climbing to a high rank if they defeat a highranked player
... [double posted?] o-o hmmm

seems a little complicated... since like it will be hard for the computer to check one-by-one for the level of the monsters? :3
Tayjo, no... no.... no... That would again be very unlucky for those who cannot be on everyday to secure their points

Point sapping is a no-no. The loser will just feel bad lol.
Wait... if we have "victory via surrender", where's "victory via defeating all of opponent's monsters"??
- Ramza Beoulve
The victory via beating will be calculated by the levels of the enemy's monsters that were defeated, hence the table Big Grin
Maybe the enemy's average level would have something to do with the points? Smile

ok then how about: you could steal a percentage of points depending on the total gap in lvl like, 0,01 per lvl in difference
total gap meaning counting both players lvl's of their mons used in the battle not counting them if not used due to defeat?
that way no one can complain bg or something like that since it was an uneven battle since it started right?
and point sapping would only be a small bonus to the added points i mean.
(2012-06-22, 10:20 AM)Rock127 Wrote: Point sapping is a no-no. The loser will just feel bad lol.
...I thought there was no stealing of points?
- Ramza Beoulve
Tayjo, stealing is not really this game's style..

(2012-06-22, 10:29 AM)Lolzinator Wrote: Tayjo, stealing is not really this game's style..
ok, was merely making sugestions Smile
OP Edited again. Added points by ranks, since beating a level 100 Regular needs to have less rewards than beating a level 100 Ancient Big Grin
dont understand much
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
It's a little different with only a few more additions than this :

Quote:Player Vs. Player Point System!! :
Maybe in a PVP Server, there could be a point system for every player. The point system contains the players records of wins, losses, and draws. Let's say, after a pvp battle, the winner collects value points for their rank.

For example, if a player was ranked 1 and they fought another player ranked 5, the ranked 1 player if they win would receive 3 points. If the ranked 5 player won, they would receive more points because they are under ranked.

To be clear, if the player that is of a higher rank than their opponent, they gain less points if they win but if a player is under ranked than their opponent, they gain more points.

As for rewards and privileges, points could be spent in getting into competitions or buying weak monsters. For prices with points, it would take considerably a large amount to purchase a legendary monster without donating. Like, if someone had 1 million pvp points, they could purchase a legendary monster. (Probably too high but if this is taken into consideration, I could fix the prices on different types of monsters)

Oh and also in PVP, players should be able to receive a portion from their opponent's gold. Like, at least $500-$700. In competitions, you receive points instead of gold.
SUPPORT
What if all the Ancient Greek Sculptures are actually Victims of Medusa 0_0
This idea's good.. I support Smile
[Image: 1z69xds.jpg]
If you want a signature like this, I can make you one by ordering in this thread: http://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-Mu...First-Time