Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PokemonCraft/Monster MMORPG
hey there...

i would like to know why was pokemoncraft taken away and replaced by Monster MMORPG??? i have nothing agianst it .. i would like to know,,,
If i heard it right, nintendo got mad because of cef didn't have the rights orso :/ not sure...
Yeah, it was about copyright. It originally had actual Pokémon as well, but they had to be taken out, too.
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
Well, we were using Pokemon without permission.
Also, we had a donation system and Nintendo thought we were using their product, Pokemon, to gain our own profit.

Legal issues and bla bla.
You can be optimistic and look at like this : PokemonCraft could've been very successful but now, it was only a stepping stone into a brighter and better future : Monster MMORPG.
Monster MMORPG is bigger than Pokemon, it may not have an anime, manga, merchandise, video games, and bla bla but it is still a good browser game to play.

Even though there are pokemon mmorpgs still out there, in browser form, this is the closest to being the best Pokemon-related browser game ever.
after we become popular, greedy nintendo wanted us to shut down
but i am glad they did Smile they can shut down any pokemon mmo, pokemon online game out there any time as they want

they also shut down several other ones. though i don't know why did not shut down the left
they did not shut down PWO and its exactly like pokemon lol
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
Yeah nintendo went  canible :-)
[Image: 2drew7m.jpg]
"the greatest victory is that which requires no battle"
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
oh i see.. thats why i cant find any good pokemon MMO to play... anyways ... ugh... i geuss monsters is the only best "pokemon" game there is...
they were jealous of pokemon craft but this is alot better than any other pokemon i can assure u that Tongue
ppl need to know of monster mmorpg once they get to know they're all gonna be addicted

best GAME ever MONSTER MMORPG
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
Everyone here is getting on Nintendo for shutting down the alpha, which I understand. Still, I'd be pretty angry if people used MY hard work without crediting me. Remember when I raged about the Nytinel family's misprinted concept artist in the test server? *grins sheepishly*
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Aye, credit is a big thing, but PokemonCraft was still something different.  Nintendo was credited for Pokemon.  Their motive for clearing the internet of fan-games is to make Pokemon Nintendo-exclusive.  You either buy the games from them or do without.  If they ever decide to make a truly online version of the game, it wouldn't be as successful if there was already some free Pokemon game out there.
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
(2013-03-19, 10:44 PM)TexasToast Wrote: Everyone here is getting on Nintendo for shutting down the alpha, which I understand. Still, I'd be pretty angry if people used MY hard work without crediting me. Remember when I raged about the Nytinel family's misprinted concept artist in the test server? *grins sheepishly*

beyond crediting we were advertising them Smile

https://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7848/p...craft1.png

[Image: pokemononlinecraft1.png]
when you guys had pokemon craft.. did the pokemon follow you??
(2013-03-20, 12:18 AM)CeFurkan Wrote:
(2013-03-19, 10:44 PM)TexasToast Wrote: Everyone here is getting on Nintendo for shutting down the alpha, which I understand. Still, I'd be pretty angry if people used MY hard work without crediting me. Remember when I raged about the Nytinel family's misprinted concept artist in the test server? *grins sheepishly*

beyond crediting we were advertising them Smile

https://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7848/p...craft1.png

[Image: pokemononlinecraft1.png]

...Oh.
Well, I did not know that. You DID credit the original makers.
Still, copyright is a tricky business...Ah, well, we have some pretty awesome monsters ourselves.

Quote:when you guys had pokemon craft.. did the pokemon follow you??

I wouldn't think so. I wasn't around for Craft, but considering how it was likely based on HTML coding (like M3O), the arrangement of Pokémon in your party could change on a whim (also like M3O), and there aren't any overworld sprites for the monsters, I doubt it. It would be a really cool feature, but it would take a commissioned artist forever to sprite all our 1,000-some monsters. Big Grin
(2013-03-20, 06:17 AM)Kieshara Wrote: when you guys had pokemon craft.. did the pokemon follow you??

No, in PokemonCraft the Pokemon did not follow the trainers.
To be honest, Nintendo could've done worse, and I'm glad they didn't.