Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Temporary Item Suggestions
I believe it is a well known issues that this game's economy is fairly broken. Gold is very abundant and easily obtained, but there are very few viable ways to spend gold.

I have seen suggestions of new held items, but, frankly, many people feel those previous suggestions are much too overpowered... and that they'll lead to a greater disparity between the top ranked (or richest players) and everyone else. I don't believe uber-expensive epic items are the way to go.

I would suggest that, instead, we should have items that are useful but only temporary in effect. Due to their temporary nature & usefulness players will need/want to purchase them over and over again.

Here are examples of items I envision as possibilities (please note these are simply concepts, and the mechanics would need to be perfected):

- An item that heals every member of your team 5HP per step for 1000 steps.
- An item that boosts the effectiveness of the capture boxes by a factor of 1 for an hour.
- An item that boosts EXP by 50% for your entire team for 1000 steps.
- An item that replenishes the MP of your teams moves 1 MP per 10 steps for 1000 steps.

Of course we already have potions and arcanums to replenish HP & MP, but these types of suggested items could be used to supplement those.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

Further item ideas:

-> An item to reverse the transformation of a monster 1 stage (would allow you to teach it moves from earlier transforms, but then you'd have to meet the requirements to transform it again)

(These next ones would have to be more expensive, perhaps 1 million each, and would have to be limited to a very low number of uses per monster.)
-> An item that randomly reassigns a nature to a monster
-> An item that randomly reassigns the UVs of a monster
-> An item that randomly reassigns the abilities of a monster

2nd EDIT:

(Note: these aren't 1 use only like the others, but are interesting suggestions none the less.)
-> A set of items that prevent 1 stat from being decreased. (For ex. Max Accuracy, Max Evasion, etc.)
-> Razor Claw counterpart for Sp.Att (This has probably been suggested before.)
Love them all. +1
the exp+ item would it be stackable with the permanent/cureent exp item? and I think the 1k steps shoud be either doubled or be 1.5k imo
[Image: 2drew7m.jpg]
"the greatest victory is that which requires no battle"
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
(2013-06-04, 07:26 PM)War Wrote: the exp+ item would it be stackable with the permanent/cureent exp item? and I think the 1k steps shoud be either doubled or be 1.5k imo

Yeah, I think it would have to be stackable with all of the current EXP boosts (items & events & voting), otherwise it would be worth buying.

As for amount of steps... sure. I'm really just throwing ideas out there. lol
good idea's Smile
Nice ideas.
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.
For issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

[Image: Gavel-Outside-w.jpg]
I support these!

EDIT:

Though I think you mean MP on the last one, and not TP?
(2013-06-09, 05:27 AM)Cinnamon Spider Wrote: I support these!

EDIT:

Though I think you mean MP on the last one, and not TP?

Yep, meant MP. wow.
support Cool
[Image: first_sig_for_monstermmorpg_by_fon23-d681htk.png]
nice ideas tom i suport Wink
[Image: attachment.php?aid=446]
To be honest, what I'd like to see more than this, is items that you're allowed to use in a battle. Necause I have all this stuff that I never need against wild mons because they're all 1-hit-KOs these days, but I do like the idea still...

Pup
Resident noob
I support these ideas for a second time. Because I can
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.

awesome how come i missed this

i support
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
Love all of them except the ones that reassign nature etc, needs to be more expensive like, 3.5?
[Image: GildartzSigfinished.png]
Be Blinded By My Prowess
Nice Thread

1 - An item that heals every member of your team 5HP per step for 1000 steps.
Cool idea new players or players with no 'strong' monsters would definitely benefit from this since they can continue hunting without keep going to Monster Center.

Veterans can use their little strong monsters, noobs lol

2 - An item that boosts EXP by 50% for your entire team for 1000 steps.
This item is amazing so I'm guessing this should be the most expensive one and only limited, maybe you can buy 1-2 per week?

3 - An item that boosts the effectiveness of the capture boxes by a factor of 1 for an hour.
Not bad

4 - An item that replenishes the MP of your teams moves 1 MP per 10 steps for 1000 steps.
Like it

-> An item that randomly reassigns a nature to a monster
-> An item that randomly reassigns the UVs of a monster
-> An item that randomly reassigns the abilities of a monster

These interest me the most. Players / mostly rich players will have to risk the money but if they win they win big (good nature/uvs/abilies for the monster)
(2013-07-16, 02:37 PM)uchiha clan Wrote: Love all of them except the ones that reassign nature etc, needs to be more expensive like, 3.5?

The prices would have to be carefully thought out for sure. Don't think they'd need to be that much though... it needs to be priced at a point that makes the risk of completely ruining your monster still tempting.
I like the newest idea, too. :)

Would give different monster types more item options. Currently, there's 1 or 2 set items for all monster types in pvp and that's a little boring.
scuttle scuttle
suport new idea tom its great 1 Wink
[Image: attachment.php?aid=446]
Think that the reassigning items should be so expensive that not everyone could just willynilly be able to do it.
Otherwise everything will be op'd.

(2013-07-16, 03:07 PM)Cpt. Obvious Wrote: Think that the reassigning items should be so expensive that not everyone could just willynilly be able to do it.

That's why I'd considered a limited number of times the item could be used. Would prevent re-rolling until you have a perfect mon.

Though, I guess making the item quite expensive would also do the trick... players would be limited by cash flow rather than a physical limited... and would probably be much easier to implement.
(2013-07-16, 03:11 PM)Cabintom Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 03:07 PM)Cpt. Obvious Wrote: Think that the reassigning items should be so expensive that not everyone could just willynilly be able to do it.

That's why I'd considered a limited number of times the item could be used. Would prevent re-rolling until you have a perfect mon.

Though, I guess making the item quite expensive would also do the trick... players would be limited by cash flow rather than a physical limited... and would probably be much easier to implement.

Yeah, it wasn't meant as a bad comment, just thought about it and it would (kinda) make donating a bit pointless.
So restricted amount is better (money is easy to come by)

I really like these ideas cabin. Took thought for these Smile would love to see them implemented into game Big Grin
Viva La B.P.C! Many Enter, few Leave!

[Image: rainbowsig_zpsb55967d0.jpeg]
Support! Good ideas, especially the random nature/UV/abilities items. I love random chance! ^_^
Looking for me in-game? Look for Rampant, trainer of random critters!

My DeviantArt gallery can be found here: MakoServitor's DeviantArt
Perhaps an item that changes the unique move of a monster?
Yes! great idea Thomas!
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
That's a great idea Smile
(2013-07-19, 12:05 AM)PhoenixInferno Wrote: Perhaps an item that changes the unique move of a monster?

If you mean the unique power moves, then rerolling your UVs would do just that.
I support all the way... +20000000000. Lol
[Image: 2drew7m.jpg]
"the greatest victory is that which requires no battle"
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
hmmmm i like
[Image: 149ay5s.png]
Monster Of The Hidden Mist