Poll: Do you like or dislike this suggestion.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
41.67%
Dislike
58.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Monster Type Request
(2013-12-05, 07:18 PM)DarkVoid Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 10:48 PM)PupK9 Wrote: Balance is good, but Knost makes a very good point about how it would make a lot of people's donate money for powerful dragons go to waste :/

What about those who can't donate, it is already hard to compete in pvp without donating mons with over 1k attack come on guys, these monsters are way too over powered, we need to redo the stats

The point Knost made is a good one, but at the same time there comes a time when things must change, and evolve in order to become better.

@DarkVoid The issue isn't that the monsters are too strong or over powered. The issue is that there's no seriously good counter for Dragons as there is for every other monster type. Like stated previously other types have monsters that can't be effected by their moves. Dragons shouldn't be exempt.
+1....Yes to new type
Thanks for the feedback, Qurac.
It's not that there's no good counter to dragons, it's that the game is so dragon-centric and lacking diversity.  We have a bajillion dragon types, at least 10 for every conceivable role in battle.  Other types have much less variety, so if one were to be a good 'dragon counter', then it would be a must-have on a team.

Also, dragons kinda counter themselves, lol.  I mean to say that our bajilliondy dragons may not be an awful thing.  Sure, you may need to have a few on your team, but is the metagame so narrow that everyone has the same six Monsters?  Or is it that Everyone has six dragons?  Truly curious.  I don't think there's a way to effectively record battle data at this point.  xD  Maybe with V3.
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
Ive legitimately seen people say the best six types are dragon
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
(2013-12-06, 03:06 AM)Henrie Wrote: It's not that there's no good counter to dragons, it's that the game is so dragon-centric and lacking diversity.  We have a bajillion dragon types, at least 10 for every conceivable role in battle.  Other types have much less variety, so if one were to be a good 'dragon counter', then it would be a must-have on a team.

Also, dragons kinda counter themselves, lol.  I mean to say that our bajilliondy dragons may not be an awful thing.  Sure, you may need to have a few on your team, but is the metagame so narrow that everyone has the same six Monsters?  Or is it that Everyone has six dragons?  Truly curious.  I don't think there's a way to effectively record battle data at this point.  xD  Maybe with V3.

That's what I'm trying to shoo away from. Dragons are a good counter for dragons, but if you had a monster that wasn't effected by dragons the whole game would change. You'd not be so wrapped up in acquiring a dragon, etc. The ancients are great. But an Ancient that was immune to a dragon.. What a lovely thing. 

Prysma is a great Dragon counter due to it's prio move Laser Cannon, but even still it is still susceptible to a dragons wrath. Basically, I'm looking for ways to keep the game revolving and evolving without having a 6 man dragon party. I myself am loaded with dragons, but I'm trying to break free. It's just not easy in a game that revolves around the dragon type.
Some stronger Light-types and Ice types could assuage the issue.  It was mentioned before, I'll echo it now:  we already have the Light Type.  The light type is a dragon counter.
and in the first post, i have dibbs on sound type
Drexles, sorry Big Grin
[Image: Page%202.png]
BEHOLD! THE DREXLE GOLEM TITAN!
(2013-12-06, 03:41 AM)Henrie Wrote: Some stronger Light-types and Ice types could assuage the issue.  It was mentioned before, I'll echo it now:  we already have the Light Type.  The light type is a dragon counter.

Do you divulge into pvp much, Henrie? A light type is meaningless if it can't carry out it's job. Aturion is literally the only monster worth using as a Dragon counter for elite pvp.

A new breed of monster with a dragon immunity however would mean so much more to the game. It'd probably bring Cefurkan in a bit of change as people would want the new monster typing.

I don't disagree with your argument at all by the way. A light type is some-what a counter to the dragons, but honestly it isn't a very good one.
Dragon Immunity is an ability, technically.  Although, there's some trouble getting it into competitive play simply because Dragon type is ONLY super effective against Dragon type.  The Immunity Abilities trigger in the higher tiers when there is a 4x weakness to make up for.  See:  Hyreigna and it's 4x weakness to Rock.

We might actually better balance the game by making Dragon super-effective against some more types, lol.   At least that way, more Monsters will have access to the immunity.

It's also a bit unfair to be looking at type match ups right now.  There are 20-ish dragon ancients and 3 light ones.  x:  We really need more even numbers!
I would be more for a balance of more monsters added of different types (anything except dragons) to help balance the game out. With more monsters with a variety of stats I think the entire problem of dragons could be solved
"For what is a man, what has he got. If not himself, then he has naught" - Frank Sinatra
[Image: 2ppzlnp.jpg]
Correct, but who would waste a very needed ability for dragon immunity? Not many. If anyone would at all. Basically, it comes down to the fact that seemingly every other monster type has at least one monster that will not be effected by it's poison/grass/normal/rock/ground/light/dark, etc etc attacks. Yet Dragons roam on unchecked.

In a sense it seems rather unfair to the other types. lol I do agree we need more numbers. Perhaps more monster of the light type would help in this matter. If that could happen to help improve the pvp count me in. I'll sign that petition! Smile
I'd be all over immunities if they were actually a common thing.  'Cept that they aren't.  There are 18 types and a total of 7 immunities.  If anything, Ghost is OP.  XD

Steel is immune to Poison
Ghost immune to Normal and Fighting
Normal is immune to Ghost
Dark is immune to Psychic
Flying is immune to Ground
Ground is immune to Electric

That's all of 'em.  Dragon type in itself isn't actually unbalanced.  It resists five types, is weak to three, is ineffective against two types, and only super effective against itself.  I think the monotony of PvP is more due to the over saturation of strong dragons than an actual imbalance of types.  xD  We could use some tiny dragons in addition to strong not-dragons.  Tongue

Anywho, I'm out.  Done said plenty enough, lol.
Aw, I was just starting to get into a rhythm of posting too. Sad

Still.. there should be a type immune to Dragon. I can not waiver on this one! lol
Here's some ideas:

magic type (This doesn't make sense. All of the monsters in this game can use magic anyway.)
death type (Nah, just a fancy term for dark type.)

spiral type?
music type...
umm.. overworld type
hmm...hmmm....hmmmmmm..........

Come on guys. Lets not think of just types concerning the elements! There's a whole universe out there. Surely we can conjure up more than just a dozen types! Angry
No need for another type.

And you say there is massive amount of dragons,

but theres also a massive amount of light types that counter them... and they can also be fighted with other dragons.
leme just say this to all donators i like what u do for game but its all bad for pvp
[Image: attachment.php?aid=446]
(2013-12-06, 05:58 PM)Arlaxeon Wrote: No need for another type.

And you say there is massive amount of dragons,

but theres also a massive amount of light types that counter them... and they can also be fighted with other dragons.

Grab your light types and pvp me. When I win you'll see the issue. Wink
3 light Ancients vs the best 6 of 26 Dragon Ancients.  I see an uneven battle.
(2013-12-07, 01:18 AM)Henrie Wrote: 3 light Ancients vs the best 6 of 26 Dragon Ancients.  I see an uneven battle.

I don't have the best. I'll be using Prysma, Wargile, Korrodo, and Stromeleon. Only four.
Stil more than total amount of light ancients
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
We should make two new types celestial(space), and Air, we have flying but no air. There is a big difference between flying and air.
Whats up brochachoConfused
A fair match would be a set of non-dragons vs. the dragons.  No real need to limit things to Light type - especially since other Monsters (Like Fire types) can learn Light-moves.  Much like dragons can learn all sorts of attacks.

I'll work on adding some more non-dragon Ancients.  S'just really hard to match that crazy-awesome style, lol.

Celstial and Air?  What differentiates "Air" from "Flying"?  What do you think the weaknesses and strengths should be?

**Not opposed to new types, there's just a huge difference between saying "there should be more types!" and actually planning a type and inserting it into the game.  Plus, we'd need a batch of new Pokemon to fill in a new type.  There's Over 1,000 Monsters right now.  That would mean at least 50 new Monsters of each type need to be added, not to mention new attacks FOR those types.  Then the attacks need to be scattered around the game.  S'alot of work.
(2013-12-06, 07:32 PM)mlinka2 Wrote: leme just say this to all donators i like what u do for game but its all bad for pvp

How can you say such a thing..? 
i dont even Pvp well. i trade my donated monsters away for DMS purposes only
[Image: viking.png]

The Vikings Will Rampage.
I gave a couple of idea's for new types in Op.
pixie typed Big Grin...thing is, we don't want to be seen as mimicking pokemon...we're doing our own thing, so there really isn't a need for it. anyways, Dragon Immunity is an ability, so what if you have a fairy type with Dragon Immunity? it would be useless :/
What if you get a mon that already has poison immunity with the ability poison immunity.. Same thing.. So what's your point?

Our own thing? We're based off of Pokemon. This is a Pokemon Mmorpg. Look at the sites when you vote, and read the descriptions for this site. Then tell me how we're doing our own thing again.

@Henrie He can use any light types or types that learn Light moves. Won't make a difference.
well possibly we can add Big Grin
(2013-12-06, 06:40 AM)Henrie Wrote: Dragon Immunity is an ability, technically.  Although, there's some trouble getting it into competitive play simply because Dragon type is ONLY super effective against Dragon type.  The Immunity Abilities trigger in the higher tiers when there is a 4x weakness to make up for.  See:  Hyreigna and it's 4x weakness to Rock.

We might actually better balance the game by making Dragon super-effective against some more types, lol.   At least that way, more Monsters will have access to the immunity.

It's also a bit unfair to be looking at type match ups right now.  There are 20-ish dragon ancients and 3 light ones.  x:  We really need more even numbers!

Henrie you are right Big Grin

if you propose a system for me i can make necessary changes to balance game more Big Grin