Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More decent abilities
What I've noticed about abilities is that they either ROCK or they just simply suck. We need more abilities that are decent, there are such few desired abilities these days that it's almost impossible to get a monster that you don't need to get an ability change for... ;) let me explain a few examples. 

Vampiric: Whenever opponent loses life from bleeding, your monster gains as much life as what was lost.

Time machine: Whenever a monster uses a status move your monster gains 10% of its maximum HP.

If anybody has any more I would be glad to put them into the thread :)
Resident noob
Hmmmmm......Smile

Updates:
10/24/2013
Added 11 ideas for monster abilities - located in the first addition

If your monster has a positive status effect, it has immunity to 1 of it's weaknesses.
When your monster's hp falls below 25%, it's sp atk and atk is increased by 200%.
This monster has a stat boost for each monster alive in it's team.
This monster will never miss. (Moves have 100% accuracy)
Whenever an enemy monster deals damage to this monster, that monster gets a random negative status effect.
When this monster dies, it's opposing monster loses 15% of it's hp.

Maybe there can be abilities which support 2vs2 monster battles. "This monster's adjacent monster has a 10% hp stat."

edit: 
Whenever this monster kills another monster, it is healed for 15% of it's hp.
Whenever a monster in this monster's team dies, this monster gets a 10% speed boost.
This monster deals 15% more damage against monsters of a lower rarity.
Whenever this monster uses a poison type move against an enemy monster, that monster becomes poisoned.
On your turn, this monster is healed for 5% of it's hp.
Enemy monsters have -1 in a random stat.

When this monster dies, another monster in your team gets whatever stat boosts this monster had.
Whenever this monster kills another monster, it gets a 25% exp boost at the end of the battle.
if this monster is your lead monster, you get a gold boost after each battle.

1st addition - added on 10/24/2013 Idea

(1) battle charge
Upon switch-in/switch-out, this monster deals 50 damage to it's opposing monster.

(2) heroic downfall
Upon death, the opposing monster loses 100 hp.

(3) oceanic blessing
Whenever a water type attack is used on your monster, your monster is healed equal to the damage that would have been done.

(4) assassin rush
All of this monster's attacking moves have +1 priority.

(5) treasured
Whenever an ally monster is killed, this monster gets a +5 stat boost in a random stat.

(6) flyaway
This monster takes less damage from flying type attacks and is immune to ground attacks.

(7) demonic demise
Whenever this monster kills an enemy monster, that monster's status effects is transferred to the next monster that the opposing player sends in.

(8) endure
If this monster is to die, it survives at 1 hp. This ability can only work once per battle.

(9) artful study
Your monster has 10 more MP for each move.

(10) dark promise
Upon death, the opposing monster is cursed to die in 4 turns.

(11) body building
This monster's max hp is increased by 25%.

10/26/2013
(12) flashback
This monster has a 25% chance of taking an extra turn.
how bout something like a mon cant miss a turn when it was switched or used an item
Yeah ... We need more decent ablities... Now you either have mon with Exp.regen, perf.body or max.guard or they are useless.... We need more variety yes...

How about:

Ultimate rage - If this monster is your only monster left in your party, this monster will gain a 50% Attack and Special Attack boost.
Last stand - If this monster is your only monster left in your party, this monster will gain a 50% Defense and Special Defense boost.

Life drainer - If this monster kills an opponent monster, it will be healed by 35% of its maximum hp.

Sneaky - If this monster evades an enemy's move, the opponent's Defense and Special Defense stat are decreased by 1 stage.

Cursed - If an opponent's monster kills this monster, all the stats of that monster will decrease by 2 stages.

Warm blooded - If the weather is Cloudless, all the stats of this monster are increased by 10%
Shady - If the weather is Cloudy, all the stats of this monster are increased by 10%

Risky - If this monster uses a move that has below 60 base Accuracy, that moves base power is increased by 1.5x
Careful - If this monster uses a move that has an Accuracy of 80 or higher, the moves base power is increased by 2x.

Spikey Body - If an opponent's monster attacks this monster, the opponent's monster will take 15% of the damage done.
Mysterious Body - If an opponent's monster attacks this monster, then the opponent's monster has a random stat decreased by 2 stages.

Field trap - Your opponent can not switch during battle. Also if your opponent switches in a monster because one has fainted, the monster that is switched in has its speed stat decreased by 1. All these effects only occur if the monster with this ablity stays on the field.

Tell me what you think of all of these <3 I hope they are not to OverPowered.

Also tell me if any percentages and stages decreased/gained etc. should be changed.
Love it, Arla!! :)
Resident noob
(2013-10-19, 01:44 PM)Arlaxeon Wrote: Ultimate rage - If this monster is your only monster left in your party, this monster will gain a 50% Attack and Special Attack boost.
Last stand - If this monster is your only monster left in your party, this monster will gain a 50% Defense and Special Defense boost.

SmileYeah this is solid.

Life drainer - If this monster kills an opponent monster, it will be healed by 35% of its maximum hp.

You sure 35% hp isn't too much? 

Sneaky - If this monster evades an enemy's move, the opponent's Defense and Special Defense stat are decreased by 1 stage.

Solid!

Cursed - If an opponent's monster kills this monster, all the stats of that monster will decrease by 2 stages.

Heart

Warm blooded - If the weather is Cloudless, all the stats of this monster are increased by 10%
Shady - If the weather is Cloudy, all the stats of this monster are increased by 10%

Weather effects need some attention. 

Risky - If this monster uses a move that has below 60 base Accuracy, that moves base power is increased by 1.5x
Careful - If this monster uses a move that has an Accuracy of 80 or higher, the moves base power is increased by 2x.

Spikey Body - If an opponent's monster attacks this monster, the opponent's monster will take 15% of the damage done.
Mysterious Body - If an opponent's monster attacks this monster, then the opponent's monster has a random stat decreased by 2 stages.

Mysterious Body and spiky body might be prefect on a tank monster.Smile Those two are my favorite ideas in your post.

Field trap - Your opponent can not switch during battle. Also if your opponent switches in a monster because one has fainted, the monster that is switched in has its speed stat decreased by 1. All these effects only occur if the monster with this ablity stays on the field.

Are you sure field trap isn't too powerful?
Me like Big Grin
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
<------------- Ability master Cool

1. Yeah maybe Field Trap could change to only Non-Switching
2. About life drain, its only when you kill an opponent... It could be 30% but not lower I think. The monsters killing are over all sweepers, and sweepers get like -50% hp every hit cuz of weak defense so 35% isnt really much for them.

I dont think Life drain is too good ability at all though.

My goal with this abilities is more tactics... You can make your tactic so that for example you make your Ultimate Rage/Last Stand monster stay till last. Also Field trap or anything related to that can create a lot of new tactics.

I'd love to see Spikey Body + Field trap Big Grin

NOTE* - About the 2v2 battles... Abilities like Cursed could work on both enemies btw Big Grin
First one^^
Super man:Ancient class only. When a type that ur weak to appears on the field, u get a 50% def and spdef boost.
How about:

Doom trap - All moves are Super-effective. Monsters can still be immune to moves.

This should be fun lol
WHAT!? noBig Grin
(2013-10-20, 08:46 PM)Arlaxeon Wrote: How about:

Doom trap - All moves are Super-effective. Monsters can still be immune to moves.

This should be fun lol

That would be overkillSmile
https://www.monstermmorpg.com/SeeUserMon...&Wild=true

I am battling it right now. Will I ever be able to catch it. It regens 111hp a turn....
yes please post all your ideas here Big Grin
(2013-10-21, 10:10 PM)teamrocket7 Wrote: https://www.monstermmorpg.com/SeeUserMon...&Wild=true

I am battling it right now. Will I ever be able to catch it. It regens 111hp a turn....

this isnt the right thread for posting it but use status inflicting moves and you cant link wild mons
CeF did you see my natures that I posted on the natures thread? There's some great ideas there too ;)
Resident noob

This should be fun lol
No crits. Monster is super effective against all types. Passive te. Percent hp regen.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
(2013-10-25, 11:55 AM)orboknown Wrote:

This should be fun lol
No crits. Monster is super effective against all types. Passive te. Percent hp regen.

No fun in that !_!
CubK9
Co-Leader of the Canines
Måîdęñ Øf Thê Whįtė Høršē
Neigh, mothatrucka'
you take a lot of damage, do a lot of damage, and can't crit but get health back. go through a late in fgame arena like that!
That's a really interesting concept O_O Although, not entirely sure what kind of mons would best utilise an ability like that...
[Image: attachment.php?aid=448]
~^±|I|±^~Pyro Piglet~^±|I|±^~ 
»»»»»»[IGN: Tanklet]««««««
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
my concepts are nothing if not interesting lol./
Should peg me for my view of religion and god some time.
(2013-10-26, 06:35 AM)orboknown Wrote: my concepts are nothing if not interesting lol./
Should peg me for my view of religion and god some time.

Please, can you private message me your views on religion and God? I want to broaden my perspective. Shy

Oh yeah. Gotta remain ON TOPIC.

battle plan
On each phase, this monster gets a +2 boost in a random stat until the end of the phase.
at some point in time lol.
ermmm...strategist-monster gets +one percent of it's initial defense stat per turn passive
(2013-10-26, 07:23 AM)orboknown Wrote: at some point in time lol.

Angry

(2013-10-26, 07:23 AM)orboknown Wrote: ermmm...strategist-monster gets +one percent of it's initial defense stat per turn passive

strategist
Each turn, this monster gets +1 defense.

This is a pretty decent idea for an ability. Sleepy
i'm not gonna have an indepth religious conversation at 4 am lol
Lol the Doom trap was a joke Tongue

And thanks cef for noticing this thread Big Grin

I'll try and think of some more nice abilities like the ones in my first post.

--------------------

[Insert type here] power - If this monster uses a [Insert type here]-type move, Its Attack and Special attack stat will raise by 1 stage. This ability only works when using a damage type move and if it hits.

The type you use for this ability depends on in what monsters ability pool it is... So in Korrodo's ability pool it would either be Poison power or Dragon power.

~ You can tell what you think about the stat raise. If its too less or too much, if other stats should be increased etc.
(2013-10-26, 07:53 AM)orboknown Wrote: i'm not gonna have an indepth religious conversation at 4 am lol

I know what you mean bro. My brain is dead tired from brainstorming monster moves. Tongue

(2013-10-26, 08:18 AM)Arlaxeon Wrote: The type you use for this ability depends on in what monsters ability pool it is... So in Korrodo's ability pool it would either be Poison power or Dragon power.

~ You can tell what you think about the stat raise. If its too less or too much, if other stats should be increased etc.

dark power - If this monster uses a dark-type move, Its Attack and Special attack stat will raise by 1 stage. This ability only works when using a damage type move and if it hits.

Not bad. I think its balanced enough.
No not just choose 1 type like Dark power.

I meant that there would be 18 different abilities... Water power, Dark power, Ghost power, Dragon power, Light power etc. and when a monster has this ability in its ability pool it will be of the monsters type or one of his types.

---------------------------------------------------------
New ideas:

(1)Comeback power [suggest other names plz]:

If this monsters hp drops down to 15% or less, all its damage type moves will get priority 2. This effect will only last as long as this monsters hp is below 15%

(2)Final rage [other names are welcome]:

All stats will increase by 20% if this monsters hp drops to 15% or less of its maximum hp. This effect will only last as long as this monsters hp is below 15%

~ Percentages can be changed upon wish.
We need more resource abilities. Big Grin

Treasurer - Stacks a extra 25% gold boost from wild monsters and NPCS to any current experience boosts. 

Flight - This ability allows the monster to use the move "Fly" without learning "Fly" or the actual move.

Aquakinesis - This ability allows the monster to use the move "Hyper Surf" without learning "Hyper Surf" or the actual move.

Attraction - Doubles wild monster encounter rate as long as the monster with this ability is on the team.
hehehe
Uhhh:

Treasurer - Too low % for people to actually want a mon with that ability
Flight - Spoil of ability slot.
Aquakinesis - Spoil of ability slot
Attraction - Not needed as we have Attractive player.

Sorry :/ Just giving my opinion :/

Though its okay to have more resource abilities... I'll think of some.

----------------------------------------
Edit to 'Cursed' ability:

Cursed - If an opponents monster killls this monster, the opponent will gain the poison, burn, bleed and paralyzed status conditions for 5 turns. This effect won't work if the opponent has Perfect body ability or burn/poison/bleed/paralyze immunity ability, and can be removed by a status clearing move.

How about that ?