Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Leggo change how crit works
#1
***Stop it with the art.. >_>***
Critical strike = deals 2x the damage of the move
---this is something so not well thought of.
2x the power seems so game changing..
Imagine engiron's legendary power against another legendary power [hallucination]
we all know that it's just a matter of who hits first right?
If engiron A hits engiron B first, and procs it's extra effect (+1 point to ALL stats)
Enemy B sends out a wail axotogol
engiron will have a hard time to defeat it of course,
Engiron A used legendary power on axotogol B

The damage is 200
Then right at that moment, it crit., so the axotogol (who usually have very low HP pools for a wall)
The damage dealt is 400 instead of 200 because it crit.
Gets defeated with 1 move.

My formula--
Quote: Base damage*0.60 = additional damage dealt
example--
Quote: (highest base damage is can think of) 500*0.60 = 300
this means that the total damage is 800 instead of 1000

Quote:overall, i think that 0.60 is the most balanced multiplier because it is balancely high and is higher than 50% of the damage dealt. {rather than 100%addition} this still gives a chance to deal TONS OF DAMAGE while the enemy is still able to defend themselves rather than just fainting in vain
Thank you for taking your time reading this, i hope this effort that i put onto this thread will be noticed by mods, platers, or even cefurkan. Feel free to comment or give constructive criticsms, i do accept them if it's for the developement of this idea.
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
#2
I came to support, Shoe Port, in my words.
Crit ain't good without Gangplank's Parrley popping your ace off with the on-hit effects!
But 6% more is good. Good.
[Image: Mayuri%20Signature_zps5xrqr7ck.png]
#3
Wouldn't you mean "Base damage*1.60 = damage done"?

Or I could be reading it wrong. Either way, you have a very good point. Critical hits are pretty crazy-destructive. How common are they, though? Is that percentage floating around here somewhere? Depending on their occurrence rate, I could see the reduction in damage done on a crit as feasible.

If they occur 10% of the time, then the damage should be toned down as you suggest.
If they occur 5% of the time, I would say reduce the extra damage to 80%, because they're not all that common but 1/20 chance to deal double damage is still pretty harsh.
If they occur less than 5%, I'd say leave it as is. Chances are against a critical hit - but at the same time, a CRIT is sometimes the only thing that can end a stalemate between to walls. Tongue
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
#4
(12-29-2012, 09:25 PM)Rock127 Wrote: I came to support, Shoe Port, in my words.
Crit ain't good without Gangplank's Parrley popping your ace off with the on-hit effects!
But 6% more is good. Good.
60%(0.6) not 6%(0.06)

(12-29-2012, 09:28 PM)Henrie Wrote: Wouldn't you mean "Base damage*1.60 = damage done"?

Or I could be reading it wrong. Either way, you have a very good point. Critical hits are pretty crazy-destructive. How common are they, though? Is that percentage floating around here somewhere? Depending on their occurrence rate, I could see the reduction in damage done on a crit as feasible.

If they occur 10% of the time, then the damage should be toned down as you suggest.
If they occur 5% of the time, I would say reduce the extra damage to 80%, because they're not all that common but 1/20 chance to deal double damage is still pretty harsh.
If they occur less than 5%, I'd say leave it as is. Chances are against a critical hit - but at the same time, a CRIT is sometimes the only thing that can end a stalemate between to walls. Tongue
IMO, crits are HARSH they oftenly are seen in PVPs. One can not end a PvP without crits! 0.6 = 60%
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
#5
(12-29-2012, 09:28 PM)fjkulit Wrote:
(12-29-2012, 09:25 PM)Rock127 Wrote: I came to support, Shoe Port, in my words.

Crit ain't good without Gangplank's Parrley popping your ace off with the on-hit effects!

But 6% more is good. Good.

60%(0.6) not 6%(0.06)

Fine then, have it sixty! Tongue jk t'was an error at my hand.

Some moves have high Crit chance, some moves INCREASE Crit chance... so, maybe 60% is a good place to start.
[Image: Mayuri%20Signature_zps5xrqr7ck.png]
#6
I'm surprised that no one complained on the first line >_>

is the spoiler working?
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
#7
IMO all spoiler tags fail... It fails on me, sometimes even my own spoiler tag denies itself to be opened. It fails a lot Sad
Or, is it with our area? I've heard Lolzin say that he sees my spoiler tag, yet I don't see my own.
[Image: Mayuri%20Signature_zps5xrqr7ck.png]
#8
nope fj it aint for me
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
#9
Spoilers only seem to work if they are at the very end of a post. x'D
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
#10
i like double damage as critical hit because it sounds stable....we don't want it to do 50x damage instead, do we?
#11
What's a plater? Tongue

Also, I don't really see much of any critical hits unless the critical stat is changed. Moves, critical pills, and critical drugs can change it for bigger attacks.
Add some accuracy to that and you're done Big Grin Even though they still don't hit 100%.

It currently starts at 4%. That's the chance we have in battle, without adding on to it. Critical Pills double it, making 8%. Critical drugs (bigger than pills) quadruple it Big Grin

This is just current information about critical chance.

Also, what is "Leggo change how crit works" ? Tongue
#12
leggo change how crit works = let's go change how crit works
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
#13
what is your suggestion here i don't understand ?

and critical hit chances are

default 4%
1 : 8%
2 : 16%
3 : 32%
4: 64%
5+ : 100%
#14
the one i am changing is the additional DAMAGE you will deal when you proc the crit..


an additional 100% damage when it crits is far too game changing, and may even lead to the loss of the whole team. therefore, I ask that it is to be changed into 60% additional bonus damage instead of the current 100% (or double damage)
not that you've mention it.. 5 points in crits is equivalent to 100% crit chance? that is quite.. harsh maybe
  1. 4%
  2. 10%
  3. 16%
  4. 20%
  5. 25%
will do so that it's still a high rate yet not crazy as 100%
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
#15
The heck is "proc" ?
#16
(12-30-2012, 01:25 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: The heck is "proc" ?
You don't PvP much?
Proc - Procrastinate - debuff/buff -when the critical hit activates it "procs"
fj, let's try talking in full words :/
[Image: Mayuri%20Signature_zps5xrqr7ck.png]
#17
this is the first time after a few months that i wrote something this long here :/

proc-to activate- usually for extra effects such as legendary power's buff, crit. etc. etc.
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
#18
notice these wall o texts
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
#19
i think we can reduce additional damage to to 50%

what do you say ?
#20
That's alright
[Image: GildartzSigfinished.png]
Be Blinded By My Prowess
#21
i still say we should keep the critical hit ratio we have now...
#22
(12-31-2012, 02:23 AM)Viperianw Wrote: i still say we should keep the critical hit ratio we have now...
I do too Tongue
#23
i want all the moves we have now xdTongue
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
#24
(12-31-2012, 02:35 AM)staff vidyasagar Wrote: i want all the moves we have now xdTongue
Random claim gone random?

This is critical talk :O
#25
crit damage can be %150 but this time Crit chance should be increase to %10
#26
(12-31-2012, 03:45 AM)DiableJambe Wrote: crit damage can be %150 but this time Crit chance should be increase to %10
I sort of agree with this.

After looking through several attacks, I find there are quite a few that are going to make a critical hit 30% of the time without a boost. So, I think critical hits will be more common. 10% base critical hit rate is high, though.

Maybe

default 5%

1 : 10%

2 : 20%

3 : 30%

4: 50%

5+ : 100%



Everyone will be hitting for critical damage, which makes me giggle. xD I'm assuming that giving your monster a critical hit hold item puts them a Level 1 Critical hit, yes? So, if that's the strategy a player wants to use, wheee~! (Can you imagine how expensive a level 5 Crit Attack hold item would cost? Wheeeew, expeeeeensive~!)
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
#27
Either way, 5 = 100% and might as well not change it ._.

Why not change the total (5) Critical Chance to 80%, leaving a 20% chance of missing.
o-o
#28
(12-31-2012, 07:32 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Either way, 5 = 100% and might as well not change it ._.

Why not change the total (5) Critical Chance to 80%, leaving a 20% chance of missing.
o-o
Funny you should mention "missing". Evasion is a huge part of the metagame here. Very few attacks are 100% accurate. A good number of them only hit half the time. Maybe that's something we should remember? c:

An attack crits every time it hits, but only hit's half of the time, so all the critical hit rates may as well be halved. Tongue
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
#29
(12-31-2012, 08:11 AM)Henrie Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 07:32 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Either way, 5 = 100% and might as well not change it ._.



Why not change the total (5) Critical Chance to 80%, leaving a 20% chance of missing.

o-o

Funny you should mention "missing". Evasion is a huge part of the metagame here. Very few attacks are 100% accurate. A good number of them only hit half the time. Maybe that's something we should remember? c:



An attack crits every time it hits, but only hit's half of the time, so all the critical hit rates may as well be halved. Tongue
Yea, I mentioned accuracy earlier.

Evasion, Accuracy, and whoever hits first.

Even with that, critical shouldn't be changed o-o
#30
60% boost would be viable-- 50% is still low for a crit
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Users browsed this thread: