Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How should be top trainers rank calculated
Still Under Development First Preview : https://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8827/toptrainers.png

NEW VERSION OF RANKING SYSTEM HAS BEEN DECIDED

The new ranking system will work like this:

Different Monster Score (DMS) =

(Different Regular Monster Count x 1) +
(Different Superior Monster Count x 2) +
(Different Emissary Monster Count x 3) +
(Different Zenith Monster Count x 4) +
(Different Legendary Monster Count x 6) +
(Different Ancient Monster Count x 12) +
(Different Mega Zenith (Mega-Z) Monster Count x 24)+
(Different Mega Legendary (Mega-L) Monster Count x 64);

Starters will not be counted because they are unobtainable.

Example : A player owning 3 regulars, 2 superiors, 4 emissaries, 2 zenith, 3 legendary, and 1 ancient will get =
(3 x 1) + (2 x 2) + (4 x 3) + (2 x 4) + (3 x 6) + (1 x 12) = 3+4+12+8+18+12 = 47 DMS

Each rank category will have a maximum points, if you reach the maximum points then you are number 1 in that category.

Category 1--- AVG EXP * DMS // Maximum Points: 300,000
Category 2--- AVG Level * DMS // Maximum Points: 300,000
Category 3--- Ancient Gem Count // Maximum Points: 200,000
Category 4--- Total EXP // Maximum Points: 150,000
Category 5--- Total Gold // Maximum Points: 50,000

Ranks are calculated by first checking how many points you have. You then take your points divided by #1 players points and multiplied by the maximum points in that category.

For example, Category 1-----

#1 Ranked Average Exp*DMS Player has 1,000,000 AvgExp and 25 Zenith Monsters. The 25 Zenith would count for 100 DMS.

The equation for his points would be 1,000,000*100 (AvgExp*DMS). This makes his point value 100,000,000.

As he is the #1, his category equation would be 100,000,000/100,000,000*300,000 = 1*300,000 = 300,000 or, the maximum points for Category 1.

Now comes Player x, they have 500,000 Average Exp and 75 Superior Monsters. This gives them 500,000*150 = 75,000,000 Total Points.

To figure out where they stand in Category 1 Rank, you would have to do the Category Equation which is:

Player's Total Points / Number 1 Ranked Total Points * 300,000

In this case, that would be 75,000,000 / 100,000,000 * 300,000 = 225,000 points

The category point value will determine where you stand in the ranking.
i think average exp should be 1.0 and ancient gem count should 2.0 and average monster level should be 2.0
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
I would like to have pvp factored in somehow. Also i suggest different monster count being toned down to 1.5.
[Image: image]
hmm isnt battles apart of the rank
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
How about also calculating by how many PvP battles you've won or lost? I think it would help give players a real feel to being #1. and it could be either 1.5 or 2.0.
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
(2011-11-27, 10:52 PM)Pein Wrote: hmm isnt battles apart of the rank
total wins are but you don't get any rank points for being good at pvp.

yes i agree it should have wins/loses for monsters/npcs and wins/loses for pvp and should be 2.0

Credits to SparrowHawk
(2011-11-27, 10:53 PM)Guider456 Wrote: How about also calculating by how many PvP battles you've won or lost? I think it would help give players a real feel to being #1. and it could be either 1.5 or 2.0.
I agree, I want it to be 2.0.

pvp battles will be added when you loose something and gain something. currently pvp battles would be open to abusement.
hmm i see what you mean so when the system is improved it will be added

Credits to SparrowHawk
Some little things

like say

Time spent on game: .5 (calculated based on who has spent more time in game, this will force players to be more active to keep rank up)
Item value: 1 (whoever has the greatest sum of gold in items should get this, based on market resale value)
Monster UV average: 1 (whoever has the highest average gets points here, this will force people to look at which monsters are strongest)
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
hmm i like the uv one this would make people have strong monsters to have very good that will make for good competititions

Credits to SparrowHawk
(2011-11-27, 11:11 PM)Nitz_X Wrote: Some little things

like say

Time spent on game: .5 (calculated based on who has spent more time in game, this will force players to be more active to keep rank up)
Item value: 1 (whoever has the greatest sum of gold in items should get this, based on market resale value)
Monster UV average: 1 (whoever has the highest average gets points here, this will force people to look at which monsters are strongest)
time spent is not very metric and can be abused. but item value and uv are good. i may add them.

(2011-11-27, 11:19 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:
(2011-11-27, 11:11 PM)Nitz_X Wrote: Some little things

like say

time spent is not very metric and can be abused. but item value and uv are good. i may add them.
I thought you might say that about time Tongue it was worth a shot though.

I'd love to see Item value added, because those of us that stock up on items but never use them well, it would help us not seem so weak.

CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
lol i bought all important items

Credits to SparrowHawk
user money: 0.50

my thoughts are that you can gain a ton of money but when monster prices inflate (which will bound to happen for some monsters) and as a consequence when people start buying obviously their money will decrease, money can vary too often with increases and decreases with such high prices (ranging into the millions) that it could impact a person's money greatly. But I do think it should be a factor just not a significant one
"For what is a man, what has he got. If not himself, then he has naught" - Frank Sinatra
[Image: 2ppzlnp.jpg]
what do u mean by item value cefurkan
I would suggest (if it hasn't been already) time spent above a certain rank like 500 or 300 or something like that, that way it encourages people to stay playing and it could only be worth .5 or .75, that way people with an already high rank won't necessarily be able to milk it for loads of extra points
You dare Challenge ME ?

(2011-12-02, 05:35 AM)Anomandaris Giovanni Rake Wrote: I would suggest (if it hasn't been already) time spent above a certain rank like 500 or 300 or something like that, that way it encourages people to stay playing and it could only be worth .5 or .75, that way people with an already high rank won't necessarily be able to milk it for loads of extra points
umm not really a good inducer to keep a person playing...if you get your starter to lv100 and get rid of other monsters...you will not...I repeat you will not make it out of the top 200 and even if you add monsters it is extremely hard to make it out of the top 500 o.0

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
I agree that the current top three should stay where they are, with perhaps a 2.5 for different monster count. My reason for this? You can always increase your average level by capturing and training more monsters, same with exp, but you can only get a different monster count once. You can have 50 of the same monster, but it will only count once, but if you have 50 of that same monster then that's exp x50... Smile
[Image: shoshinsig2.png]
Click my signature to be taken to the Wiki!!
in my opinion i think average exp and total exp should be switched why? because everyone can just only have miro/legends and zeniths in their party with their starter and get into top 100 very easily and the total exp would show that you did more work in getting all the level 100s. and it would give people a chance to train monsters other then legend and zeniths.
We all want things that would make our rank go up. I do not know if I agree with you Guider, because people with the most total experience are those who have many monsters (Starblack, Char02, Cafaily) not those with many level 100s. Also, selfishly I don't want to have an account with many monsters on it. It just feels cluttered to me.
hmm ok then...we could at least lower average exp to 1.5 or 1.0
it's very interesting thread, but i still confuse how can someone that has 1 billion total exp just has 5 million total point? please explain me, thx..
Honestly, I think there needs to be a major overhaul to the ranking system. I know it might screw some people over in the rankings, but I look at some of the top 100 players, and not to single anyone out but if we look at #4 uTku34 at the moment, he only has 5 monsters on his team, and yet because he has them all to level 100 and 469m+ in gold, he has somehow managed to get to rank #4.

It's basically saying that someone who gets only legendary 100's on their character and collects a ton of gold is always going to be in the top 10. I think this is wrong. Gold should be a factor in rank, yes, but because you can get so much gold, a much higher number than everything else, it should be drastically lowered in its ranking effect.

Also, Average EXP should be looked at, because if I just grab 10 level 100 Miroushons and leave them on my account and take everything else to an alt, how far in the ranks do you think I'll jump? That is wrong.

Please revamp the ranking system to account more for Different Monster Count, Total Exp, and perhaps create a function where it would only count one monster of the same name in Average Exp count. So if you have 20 Miroushon at level 100, it only counts one of those in Average Exp, but counts all of them in Total Exp.

The fact that players can have less than 20 monsters on their character and be in the top 10 baffles me.
alot of the rankings changed weirdly and that may be why and that probably explains how i've been gone for 3 days was 31 did nothing come back was 25 then dropped 5 ranks to 30 and yeah if someone was ranked #1 and all they had were miro and a starter...then you would know that something is wrong.
This is how I believe it should go:

Different Monster Count : 2.0
Ancient Gem Count : 1.5
Different Monster Count Average Level: 1.5
Different Monster Count Average Exp: 1.0
Different Monster Count Total Exp: 1.0
Legendary Monster Count : 0.5
User Money : 0.25

I know you're all probably thinking (You just did that so you have a major advantage), but think about it in this sense. Role-play wise, would you rank a trainer higher that has an awesome 6 monster team and tons of gold, or would you rank higher a trainer who had 50 monsters at level 100 and not that much gold?

I don't think money should have much to do with top trainer rank, it's not about how rich you are, it's about how awesome your monsters are. I already know, because of the way this game ranking is currently set up, that even if I get all 659/659 to 100 I will probably not even be in the top 5 because of Average Exp and User Money. That is... sad, to me. That I could get 659 monsters of a different name to level 100, and NOT be considered one of the top 5. This is why I believe that Average Level, Average Exp, and Total Exp should only be counted towards a monster of the same name ONCE. So if you have 50 miro, it only counts one of those in the ranking. You may say that's unfair to the player who spent all that time catching 50 miro and leveling them to 100, but at the same time.... Does it really say you are the best trainer just because you can sit in Outpost Island catching Miro all day long?

I would like to agree with Shoshinryu :3
i also agree
I agree also this could persuade people to catch all the monsters and address the complaints of classes

Why you unsticky guider

Credits to SparrowHawk