Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alright i am not that good at drawing, especially not good at drawing with a mouse on gimp, but i am having fun playing around with gimp. So i am gonna start posting some simple fakemon here, the line art is not going to be anything fancy, but i will do my best at coloring and shading to make it look as good as possible. I have been using gimp for a little over a week now and i think i am getting pretty good at it, so hope you find the fakemon here palatable.

The first fakemon i did on gimp was nice, but i didn't really  try on it, because i had no intentions to start drawing on gimp.

[Image: cobrapurpleoutline_zpsee78ec60.jpeg]

I started to have more fun on gimp, so i decided to redraw my first fakemon; this time i actually tried to make it look more like a pokemon/cartoon, i also actually made line art for it this time instead of just using the brushes randomly.

[Image: psychicsnake_zps18fcdf18.jpeg]

I am not good enough at drawing to redraw it exactly how i did it before, so i changed it up a bit; hope you all like it.

I will be adding more fakemon here in the future, i have a couple of more ideas for some simple fakemon.
[Image: blackstarsig_zpsc46521c1.jpeg]
(2013-01-13, 12:11 AM)mike521 Wrote: Alright i am not that good at drawing, especially not good at drawing with a mouse on gimp, but i am having fun playing around with gimp. So i am gonna start posting some simple fakemon here, the line art is not going to be anything fancy, but i will do my best at coloring and shading to make it look as good as possible. I have been using gimp for a little over a week now and i think i am getting pretty good at it, so hope you find the fakemon here palatable.

The first fakemon i did on gimp was nice, but i didn't really  try on it, because i had no intentions to start drawing on gimp.

I started to have more fun on gimp, so i decided to redraw my first fakemon; this time i actually tried to make it look more like a pokemon/cartoon, i also actually made line art for it this time instead of just using the brushes randomly.

I am not good enough at drawing to redraw it exactly how i did it before, so i changed it up a bit; hope you all like it.

I will be adding more fakemon here in the future, i have a couple of more ideas for some simple fakemon.
Just keep plugging away man. Practice makes perfect. 

If you need to copy the pose of an image, don't trace it, just try and replicate it.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
(2013-01-13, 12:15 AM)Knost Wrote:
(2013-01-13, 12:11 AM)mike521 Wrote: Alright i am not that good at drawing, especially not good at drawing with a mouse on gimp, but i am having fun playing around with gimp. So i am gonna start posting some simple fakemon here, the line art is not going to be anything fancy, but i will do my best at coloring and shading to make it look as good as possible. I have been using gimp for a little over a week now and i think i am getting pretty good at it, so hope you find the fakemon here palatable.

If you need to copy the pose of an image, don't trace it, just try and replicate it.
knost why don't you make a custom mon online,instead of tracing it,and like record it. it would be great info to watch it
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
All of my mons are custom lol Henrietta has a lot of videos up like that.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
i didn't mean custom XD my bad. i meant like instead of drawing,and doin lineart,etc,
(2013-01-13, 12:15 AM)Knost Wrote:

well not really trying to get as good at drawing as you, henrie and other artist for the game, i have just picked this up as a new hobby.  I am having fun mixing colors around in gimp, so i am really just making the fakemon so i can have something to practice coloring onWink,  but yeah you are right, i didn't want to trace it or attempt to recreate it so i just made an entirely new snake, but with the same coloring on it.

eh i guess i  just got lazy in trying to recreate the snakes head, that is why i just made the redraw's head  as a plain circle rofl
Your next mission: A Duck

Smile

[Image: duck-picture.jpg]
aww little cute duckyHeart
(2013-01-13, 02:00 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Your next mission: A Duck

Smile

[Image: duck-picture.jpg]
lol a duck, that could actually be fun though; maybe a fire duck that swims in lava rather than water...got to learn how to draw a duck first  though, shouldn't be that hard
or how about an electric duck you can name it Blitzduck
yeah duck seems good
like this 1 xd [Image: is?eNbvnzVNz3mMwXqPu8QaDPPeVDpWJEhctqpN4sdtG50]
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
(2013-01-13, 03:21 AM)Alex330 Wrote: or how about an electric duck you can name it Blitzduck
or Mallightning C:
I want to see some cool duck!
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.
For issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

[Image: Gavel-Outside-w.jpg]
Fire duck eh..

Lavack ?

Lava Quack Big Grin
cool...what does gimp mean exactly?
GNU Image Manipulator Program is the long name.

It's basically a graphic design software like Photoshop, but open-source and free. :3
I did a quick sketch of the duck last night, and just finished the coloring and line art on it about 2 hours ago. I had to change the line art color from black to a dark orange because you couldn't see it when it was black.

[Image: LavaDuck_zpsec86cb2d.jpeg]

What you guys think?
Lol.

Kinda cool
Thanks, i tried to make it similar to the duck from tom and jerry, but mine came out evil looking by accident rofl  And i think your name suits it, lavack works just great since it's feathers look like lava Smile