Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone like Gangnam Style? I do Big Grin I watch the video every day in all honesty <.< It's just that awesome

Videos!!!

Psy - Gangnam Styke
CNN Video lol

Obama Style

LMFAO meets Gangnam Style - Sexy Style
- Gangnam Style Party Anthem
That song is Epic beyond words

Oppa Gangnam Style
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
I always hop on my stage at school and do this dance in front of everyone just to prove my manliness.
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
(2012-09-22, 12:12 AM)Pein Wrote: That song is Epic beyond words

Open Gangnam Style
Oppa*

What a coincidence... I was singing this and your thread was posted O.o
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY SEXY LADY!
Constantly dying yet never dead
Nit u 2! every1 in my class is doing this! NOOO!
I POSTED THE LINK TO THAT SONG LIKE A 1293813812031820381203812 TIMES AND NOW YOU ALL KNOW WHAT IT IS >:O WHERE DO YOU THINK I GOT MY SIG FROM >: P
[Image: tumblr_m8mm02adYC1qgqflko1_500.gif]
the 1st time i saw this video,i thought of DF's signature :O
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
(2012-09-22, 05:08 PM)Lucius Wrote: I POSTED THE LINK TO THAT SONG LIKE A 1293813812031820381203812 TIMES AND NOW YOU ALL KNOW WHAT IT IS >:O WHERE DO YOU THINK I GOT MY SIG FROM >: P
I didn't see you posted and I knew it for quite a while. Since there was no thread about it, I decided to finally post it. If you wanted to share this video, you should have posted it before I posted it yesterday.

GET ON MY LEVEL!!!!!!
(2012-09-22, 05:08 PM)Lucius Wrote: I POSTED THE LINK TO THAT SONG LIKE A 1293813812031820381203812 TIMES AND NOW YOU ALL KNOW WHAT IT IS >:O WHERE DO YOU THINK I GOT MY SIG FROM >: P
Pshh, you're no hipster, i knew about it before your sig -w-

You're welcome.

I hated this song when I first heard it...but it's so catchy it's grown on me :c
[Image: theartofruin___monstermmorpg___forum_sig...5f1qcf.png]
Me too, cant believe it OPPA GANGMAN STYLE!
(2012-09-22, 06:11 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote:
I didn't see you posted and I knew it for quite a while. Since there was no thread about it, I decided to finally post it. If you wanted to share this video, you should have posted it before I posted it yesterday.

GET ON MY LEVEL!!!!!!
I spammed it in the game chat, pms, skype, and threads O_O I posted that link every where YOU GOML!!! >:O

@Ghost, I knew about it when it only had 314 views but had like 1k likes O_O I out hipstered you GOML!! >:O
No need for an overacted breakdown -.-
Constantly dying yet never dead
Lol, 2 nights ago, I went to Itunes on my Ipod, checked out the Pop songs and Gangnam Style was legit #1 lmfao XDDD
(2012-09-23, 01:53 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: Lol, 2 nights ago, I went to Itunes on my Ipod, checked out the Pop songs and Gangnam Style was legit #1 lmfao XDDD
Yes! >:O my life goal is almost complete he must out due Justin Bieber and One direction!!

[Image: good-guy-psy_o_721172.jpg]
^^^^^
Such win.
Just. So. Much.

You're welcome.

lol i like it kinnda find it funny too lol
and lucius sig really funny
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
(2012-09-22, 10:27 PM)TheArtOfRuin Wrote: I hated this song when I first heard it...but it's so catchy it's grown on me :c
lol its awesome im watching it again right now
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
calling it, SUPER BIG IN FORENSIC DANCES! Last year, sexy and i know it, o if u dont waht Forensics is, nm. Really big in my school, we always go 2 state...so far
.-. why?
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
just watched the full video for the first time earlier today[four times] lmfao at it
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Meaning (copy paste is hard)

What does Gangnam mean? 
Gangnam - an area in korea where the rich stays in.

What does Oppa mean?
Oppa is used by females to address older brothers or males who are older than them (the females). Essentially, Oppa means big brother (form of respect).

What does Oppa Gangnam Style mean?
The singer, in this case PSY is telling ladies that he (big brother) is cool and rich (classy), and has a gangnam lifestyle. 

Looking up the english translation of the lyrics, it describes who he (PSY) thinks he is, a guy who is smart (knows a thing or two), cool, thinks properly and is not a nerd. When it comes to having fun, he knows when is the right time to play and goes completely crazy when it is time to play. He also goes on to describe that the type of girl he likes. The girl have the same style as him; is sensible, classy, naive and innocent ('covers herself but is more sexy than a girl who bares it all'). When it comes to playing, she also knows when is the right time, play hard and is sexy. 

Keeping in mind the character (PSY) is supposed to be; rich, cool, classy and the type of girl he likes, look at the scenes in the video. It is ironic as it is clearly not Gangnam style and the locations are not where the rich and cool goes to. Let me try to site examples from the video:

1) Beach? (at the start of the video): Looks like he is relaxing on a beach, with a young beautiful lady fanning him(he must be rich), a drink and even a beach umbrella. But after he sings 'Oppa Gangnam Style', the camera zoom out to show that he is actually at a public playground instead of a beach.

2) Walking with 2 ladies in his arms as trash (newspaper and leaves) and snow flakes were thrown at them on the street: Resembling stars walking down the red carpet during award ceremony/movie premiere as confetti rain down on them (a recent example is the Avengers Premiere). 

3) Sauna: with two gangsters as protrayed by their tattoos

4) Two old man playing chess and then they were 'killed' by an explosion. Could have several meanings:
        a) a lost culture among the young generation as now they play games using the smartphones and
            computer.
        b) watching the older generation play chest, accompanying them. Today's generation no longer
            does that in this fast-paced and globalised world. 

5) Bus: Disco on a bus instead of a pub or nightclub. And the passengers on the bus have grey hair (older generation). 

6) Sexy ladies doing yoga outdoor along what seems to be the Han River: PSY get to find and see sexy girls along the Han River. (this does not happen in real life right?) These girls should be in a yoga class(indoor) instead, in the Gangnam district or  shopping malls, not the Han River. Ironic. In addition, PSY's description of the girl he likes is sensible and classy. Will a girl of this description do yoga in the open (along the Han River) wearing that kind of shorts?

7) Speed boat: On a speedboat instead of a yacht. The rich with their own yachts (symbol of status) can have parties on board, chill out, ride along the Han River or even impress girls. PSY showed that he can have a fun filled 'yacht' experience using a speedboat too. 

8) Subway (MRT): PSY meets the girl (Hyuna) that he likes, with the same style as him (sensible, classy, naive yet sexy) on the train. Hyuna even does sexy dance moves on the train. At the subway station, observe how 'sexy' Hyuna is through her body movement and her hair. This is followed by them dancing in the subway station. Now who says you can't meet these type of girls in the subway. And ironically, the subway is not a mode of transport the rich and classy normally take. Furthermore, dancing at a subway station and not a pub or nightclub. Hmmm..

9) Emerging from the water with goggles. Looks like he is swimming (alone) either at a private swimming pool or beach. But yet again as he sings 'Oppa Gangnam Style', the camera zoom out to show that he is instead at a public bath house. Ironic! Moreover, as he plays at the 'pool' a member of the public is staring at him. But he is definitely oblivious to that - thick skin. 

10) At the finale of the video a group of dancers wearing different clothes: A closer look, these are all differnt working class people wearing uniforms that represent the; traffic police, chef, wrestler, office worker, maid, taekwondo instructor, waitress, nurse, cheerleader and more.

11) Underground Carpark: Where Jaesuk (a well-known celebrity aka National MC) appears in a sports car and challenge him (PSY) to a dance. The sports car obviously does not belong to PSY. 

12) Horse riding is a luxury. PSY has shown that you do not even need a real horse to experience horse riding as his dance mainly revolves around 'invisible horse riding'. Even when he is at the stable, PSY did not get to ride on a horse, instead he does his 'invisible horse riding'. The closest he got to a real horse riding is sitting on a carousel horse.

13) Wearing Sunglasses: Wearing sunglasses in most of the scenes even indoors, which is not the norm. (just to name a few: sauna, tennis court, stable, toilet, carpark, subway..) Ironically, PSY had to wear sunglasses all the time when he was in America (US) as no one recognised him if he did not wear sunglasses. His comment on America was that it was dark all the time as he never took it off...even at night he was wearing sunglasses. 

Ironically, this is the way PSY depicts Gangnam style. He seems to be making a mockery of  people who want to be associated with gangnam style. Moreover, portray how materialism and superficiality seems to be playing a part in today's world. Being rich and cool is not everything. There are many things/places out there that people are missing out on (subway, tennis court, watching the older generation play chess).
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]