Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beetall's Ideas #2 - Improvements on the Combat System
Hello everyone, I've had quite a few ideas that I'd like to present to the community, so I will be dividing these into separate categories to keep the ideas on topic, and so certain ideas aren't lost somewhere in the thread Dodgy

The second category I will be discussing will be improving the current combat system in the game.

That being said, here are some modifications that I would recommend implementing...

1) Different Combat Modes (e.g., 2v2/predetermined lineups, etc...) - I have become a bit bored of the singular style of play in this game that has become, almost entirely, a simple system of 1v1 where the person with the better ability/nature monster will have a team of sweepers and walls, with no interaction between other monsters on their team until they get pulverized, and replaced by another sweeper/wall. Undecided

To spice up the combat a bit, I feel that there should be different styles of combat such as 2v2's, (between 2 players at first, maybe later including a 4 player match with 2 teams) fighting in a predetermined order of bringing out monsters to test players' ability to predict and transition from one monster to the next before knowing what's going to be against them. Obviously there's lots more styles that could be added, these are just a couple ideas that get my idea across.

2) More Uses of Weather Condition - Let's face it, weather is currently absolutely pointless in the combat system where an occasional class 2-3 move will deal double damage when weather is cloudy. Why then, does anyone care if you make the weather cloudless, or even if you use a move to make the weather cloudy when the weather-based move boosts are so under-powered?

I feel that either there should be more types of weathers/skills involving weather or the weather status should be removed altogether.

3) More Universal MT Moves - Back when I was an avid Pokemon player, one thing I loved to do was to test tons of the TM's on various pokemon to see if they could learn them. (in pokemon there were about 100 TM moves that I remember) Here, I will never, ever, ever do that. Why? Because there's something like 3000 different moves that are so repetitive and hard to sort through, that I would never waste my time doing that. (Yes, the monsterdex entry lists all learnable moves, and I love that fact, it should stay like that...)

The point I'm trying to make for this is that there should be more MT moves that can be applied to a larger number of monsters. In pokemon, every pokemon and its mother could learn moves like Protect and Double Team, and I loved being able to test how different monsters managed with the SAME movesets given their stat/ability differences. Currently in this game, the moves are so ridiculously similar (but not *exactly identical*) that there's 5 variations of pretty much every move in the game with a 5-10 power/accuracy difference.

Also, by limiting the number of similar moves in the game, the inventory you have would become far less-crowded and easier to sort through to find what you're looking for.

4) Increase Time In PVP to Switch Monsters When One Faints - Let's face it, 15 seconds to decide which monster to use, wait for page to load, then deciding what attack to use will normally take more than 15 seconds. Let's increase the time to 30+ seconds to make pvp more fair Big Grin

---------------------------------------------------------------

Again, if anything needs more clarification, I'd be glad to expand on what has been posted.

Signed, your favorite bug,
-Beetall
I agree with  number 3. There are way too many moves that are almost EXACTLY the same.
I'm insycotic!!!

I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. if i should return before i get back, please ask me to wait.

OUCH!!! MY HOOBER BLOOBERS BROKEN!!!!
Number 3 for sure. Imagine having 3 fire types( Probably not pure fire)...and lets say 100 mt's for fire and totaling the three monsters' learnable fire moves, only 10 maybe 15 can be used if lucky and 15 of which are completely useless sometimesConfused
(2013-02-26, 05:47 PM)banditriku Wrote: Number 3 for sure. Imagine having 3 fire types( Probably not pure fire)...and lets say 100 mt's for fire and totaling the three monsters' learnable fire moves, only 10 maybe 15 can be used if lucky and 15 of which are completely useless sometimesConfused

exactly!!! cut down on some the the moves that are similar, and make whats left a little more universal!!
I'm insycotic!!!

I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. if i should return before i get back, please ask me to wait.

OUCH!!! MY HOOBER BLOOBERS BROKEN!!!!
First one, suggested by the Sparrow and many others. I has a thread full of suggestions, maybe you would like to check it out? :3
https://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-D...uggestions

As for weather conditions, I absolutely don't care XD
Sorry but like, we do have moves to do stuff with it but for me, I'm in it to win it. Put up a barricade and I'll take it down.

AI's (your universal MT) we had some but with the new maps, only 2 of them are actually needed.
Yes it was a good feature and a lot of people liked it, even our administrator CeFurkan liked it but with how the maps are, there is no need for them.

About number 4... I believe there was a thread about it because PVP used to be 30 seconds.
PVP still needs some improvement and maybe some tweaking, it's a little better than before, definitely.
30 seconds was too long and some users ended up quitting pvp, leaving their opponents stranded by themselves.
1 is very hard. before that i am planning PVP maps and live tournaments

2 already useful for several types

if ((srWeather == "Cloudless" && srUsedMoveType == "Water") || (srWeather == "Cloudless" && srUsedMoveType == "Ice"))
            {
                dblUsedMoveBasePower = dblUsedMoveBasePower * 3.0 / 4.0;
            }
            if ((srWeather == "Cloudy" && srUsedMoveType == "Fire") || (srWeather == "Cloudy" && srUsedMoveType == "Light"))
            {
                dblUsedMoveBasePower = dblUsedMoveBasePower * 3.0 / 4.0;
            }
            if ((srWeather == "Cloudy" && srUsedMoveType == "Water") || (srWeather == "Cloudy" && srUsedMoveType == "Ice"))
            {
                dblUsedMoveBasePower = dblUsedMoveBasePower * 5.0 / 4.0;
            }
            if ((srWeather == "Cloudless" && srUsedMoveType == "Fire") || (srWeather == "Cloudless" && srUsedMoveType == "Light"))
            {
                dblUsedMoveBasePower = dblUsedMoveBasePower * 5.0 / 4.0;
            }

3 yes good idea but too late. you should have told this thing at the test period Sad

4 yes i will check that Smile
For quick clarification, the way I understand that response to the weather to say is that...

Cloudy -
Fire/Light = 75% power
Water/Ice = 125% power

Cloudless -
Fire/Light = 125% power
Water/Ice = 75% power

If that's correct, I'll be sure to include this in my team-building as I was only aware that weather conditions affected certain attacks labeled with "double damage when cloudy".
The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow.
Village of the Dragon
[Image: tumblr_mc89crxJQ51qky89ho1_500.png]
(2013-02-27, 05:20 AM)Beetall Wrote: For quick clarification, the way I understand that response to the weather to say is that...

Cloudy -
Fire/Light = 75% power
Water/Ice = 125% power

Cloudless -
Fire/Light = 125% power
Water/Ice = 75% power

If that's correct, I'll be sure to include this in my team-building as I was only aware that weather conditions affected certain attacks labeled with "double damage when cloudy".

yes correct
they affect those move types
Great ideas^^