Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeah so this is kind of important for all of you guys to know...

Damn it, who am I kidding, this is EXTREMELY important for all of you guys to know. The uprisings in Bahrain are ongoing and people are being tortured and killed everyday, and the whole world is silent. All of those organizations in the world that are supposed to be bringing peace to the world aren't doing anything at all because of their freaking interest in oil. What is this?!? There is blatant injustice going on in Bahrain and they're not doing anything about it! And what's even worse is that people have no idea what's going on in Bahrain. The media is being corrupted and there are only a few people who are aware about what's going on in Bahrain, and even fewer are doing anything to help. This is worse than what happened in Tunisia, Egypt, and even Libya.

Please, read this article and watch this documentary to become more informed about this event and please spread the word.

Please also discuss this event in this thread.

Thank you.
Rather sad. Doctators so violent;-;
For future reference wikipedia is not a respected news article. Get a CNN link or something reputable.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
(2012-01-16, 05:09 PM)orboknown Wrote: Rather sad. Doctators so violent;-;
For future reference wikipedia is not a respected news article. Get a CNN link or something reputable.

All of the references used in the Wikipedia article come from respected sources, so the Wikipedia article itself should be considered as a reputable source.
Wikipedia can be openly edited.
Not a respecatable source.
Not arguing this.
DUDE STOP EDITING MY POSTS HOLY CRAP

I disagree with you completely. Just because Wikipedia can be edited by anyone does not mean that it can't be used as a reputable source of information. Saying something like "oh, Wikipedia can be edited by anyone so it's not a good source of information" shows how little you know about how Wikipedia functions. If you want to add any information in an article, you must add a reference along with that information. If you don't do that, the information you put in WILL be deleted. Therefore, Wikipedia is most definitely an excellent source of information. Trust me man, I edit Wikipedia regularly and I'm actual part of a small group of users who have the ability to give users official warnings. I know what goes on in Wikipedia, and it appears as if you do not. Please don't make accusations against Wikipedia like that again, it just makes you look stupid.

Also, give me a reason for my warning!
Lamb-You got a warning for arguing with me over this boards rules.
Are you allowed to use wikipedia for school research papers? No. So don't use it here
Nitz-Thanks. But you have no right to request thread deletion bro.
There's no forum rule that says a person cannot use wikipedia as their source for information. This isn't the debate hall, it's the world news section. If he wants to use wikipedia, it's his choice and you can choose to accept the information as truth or not. You can also go find what you feel to be a valid news article/source on your own about it and trust that one.

@Nitz-- Back on topic? You're WAY OFF TOPIC. Stop harassing Lamb, because that's what you are doing here on these forums. Also, you are not the one who makes the decisions on forum deletion. You were never on topic, so your post is pointless and being deleted.

@Lamb-- Use whatever source you want, but some people don't trust Wikipedia. Also, if a moderator says don't argue with them about something, then don't do it. That's the bottom line.

On Topic -- It is very sad what is going on in Bahrain, dictatorship is a hard thing to deal with. The worlds resources are stretched thin, especially with the United States we just want our troops back from where they are now, I don't think any of us want to go help another country right now, our own is going down the shoot as it is.

Get off the Wikipedia subject and back on topic or I will close the thread.
[Image: shoshinsig2.png]
Click my signature to be taken to the Wiki!!
About Bahrain being worse than Tunisia, that I disagree with. What's happening in Bahrain is a silly sectarian conflict against the monarch. Do I support the monarch? No, but that is the way that Bahrain has been for hundreds of years, and Bahrain is an Arab nation. There never were Shi'as in Bahrain until Iran sent a bunch of there people over there to take the place over and make it part of Iran. It is really Iran to blame for this, and Shi'as never truly belonged in Bahrain to begin with. Of course, the way the stupid king of Bahrain is reacting is untolerable, and the fact that the Shi'as aren't getting as much rights as Sunnis is despicable, but when it comes to discussing who the land originally belonged to, and why the monarch is Sunni as opposed to Shi'a, that is because that is the way it has always been since the advent of Islam, before the sectarian division. Tunisia was a case of political unrest, this is more of a religious conflict. And Lamb, it isn't completely because of oil. The U.S. for example is an ally with the monarchy of Bahrain, and the U.S. has a huge military base in Bahrain, and do not wish to see the overthrowing of Bahrain's monarchy to an Iranian-supported government.
I am the stone that builder refused, I am the visual, the inspiration that made lady sing the blues

I'm the spark that makes your idea bright, The same spark that lights the dark, So that you can know your left from your right

I am the ballot in ya box, The bullet in ya gun, The inner glow that lets you know to call your brother son

The story that just begun, The promise of what's to come, And I'mma remain a soldier till the war is won