Monster MMORPG Game Official Forum » Monster MMORPG » In-Game Suggestions » Useless Abilities, to fix or delete? That is the question. *coming soon*
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Useless Abilities, to fix or delete? That is the question. *coming soon*
Abilities to get rid of or change:

Anger - In theory it's awesome...until you realize that you'd be hoping to get status'd which would lower your attack/sp attack almost negating the boost you would get from the ability and all the while you're losing health or killing your orb/regen. 

Expert Defender - Just use Camo...end of argument...

Fighting Eager - I think it's worthless in PVP but I could see people in PVE using it. let me know in the comments if you want to keep this. 

Observer - to many other abilities give the same effect without your tank becoming a pinata.

Effective healing - I mean...it's terrible lol It has no advantage over any other ability that does something similar. 

Mind Breaker - 20% chance to confuse every hit...

Scary - 15% chance to cringe if you hit first?....Again, I see no viability to it, but i'll let you be the judge. 

Berserk - I hesitate to put this up because I, like some of my friends in the game, have often thought of using this ability to super saiyan our monsters over 9000+...and yet no one will do it lol Why you ask?? Because to use it you would have to either A. Use Acc master to even it out and waste an ability which begs the question of why not just use sp attack master and type master B. Use an item to help acc but then you're still inaccurate or C. use a move to increase accuracy which make me think...or i could just use a move to boost atk/spAtk lol

This Topic has been brought to you by The Rekfast Club

Click the Link below for our team page

---> LINK <---
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
Alright,  so what i'd fix is:

Anger. 
If anger get's a boost to nullify the debuff + another x% to actually increase the damage output, it'll be a great ability. 
It'll allow for a lot of options, for example on wallbreakers to destroy status spamming walls.
Or in PvE with the status spamming last gym.
It'll kinda be the offensive version of Perfect Body.

Berserk.
We all know the -25% ACC is a huuge unattractive drawback.
While it comes with no - in speed or other stats, it's exactly irrelevant. 
The monsters which eventually make use of it would be tanks and wallbreakers both of which don't have to rely on speed.
So slow  strong which is a 40% buff with  minus speed is waay more viable cause you'll still hit reliably. 
So the 50% boosted by berserk doesn't compensate for the lack of accuracy which you'd need to compensate, not on PvE, not in PvP.
HOWEVER- If the boost would be increased it'll might be worth it.
Cause most stuff could compensate the drawback with enough setting up- that however needs to be worth the effort.
(Or we could change it towards it not lowering accuracy but Killing other stats)

Mind Breaker, Scary, Frosty, etc.

If those receive a little help on the  chance to apply a status effect, those abilitied will be funky as well. 
While yes, PerBody = R.i.P. 
It still would allow for offensive status builds.
Combined with the corresponding weapons and moves with a chance to apply effects and you eventually run a super annoying build which doesn't need 90% to inflict x effect status moves. 

Now Observer is a somewhat special case. 
For once there probably would be neat options if you combine it with  -prio moves and those dealing double dmg if you go last that turn.
Both of those however also benefit vastly from Slow Strong.
So if you think  a buff can make it viable let us know!

Effective Healing hmm... should increase Orb healing % 
Should loose healing items = double effective. 
I mean. .. Perfect and Ultimate potions will heal FULLY
You cannot heal twice FULLY with one use ^^.
Of course, it'll be helpful at the beginning,  but that would be the case with orb buff aswell.

What to get rid off:

Observer if you think that the buff which would make it viable would be OP
Or you think it cannot become viable. 

Expert Defender 
Well clearly. . Simply no.
10/10 useless. Inferior to immunites or Camouflage in all regards just a potential wasted abi more.
Needless to say  a -40% won't save your mon at all,  and all further  boostings probably wouldn't outdo camouflage. 
Let's just go and see the world and just show them
What it really means to live life golden.

The Rekfast Club
(2016-10-16, 06:50 AM)Galliant Wrote: Alright,  so what i'd fix is:

Anger. 
If anger get's a boost to nullify the debuff + another x% to actually increase the damage output, it'll be a great ability. 
It'll allow for a lot of options, for example on wallbreakers to destroy status spamming walls.
Or in PvE with the status spamming last gym.
It'll kinda be the offensive version of Perfect Body.

Honestly, my biggest issue with "fixing" this move is that our status' don't work like they do in pokemon. In Monster we can have multiple status' at one time so even if we found a way to nullify the Debuff and gave the monster a...60% BP boost we still haven't accounted for the other multiple status' you could have on your monster which might kill your boost lolol 

Add to that fact that we're talking about, again, creating an admittedly better, but still not usable ability. You could run perfect body w/ Hammer/Claw and get a 30% without losing health or a stat drop. 

One option I've been mulling over would be to BOOST the stats that are usually dropped in addition to a CONSTANT 20% Special and Physical BP boost. This way the ability isn't useless when you aren't status'd and you get a good bump when you get status'd

Only issue i'd see with it would be...1. Would the boosted stats do enough to make losing health worth it?  and 2. The boosted stats would need to be immune to resets 

Thoughts?

Berserk.
We all know the -25% ACC is a huuge unattractive drawback.
While it comes with no - in speed or other stats, it's exactly irrelevant. 
The monsters which eventually make use of it would be tanks and wallbreakers both of which don't have to rely on speed.
So slow  strong which is a 40% buff with  minus speed is waay more viable cause you'll still hit reliably. 
So the 50% boosted by berserk doesn't compensate for the lack of accuracy which you'd need to compensate, not on PvE, not in PvP.
HOWEVER- If the boost would be increased it'll might be worth it.
Cause most stuff could compensate the drawback with enough setting up- that however needs to be worth the effort.
(Or we could change it towards it not lowering accuracy but Killing other stats)

I dont think we could kill other stats...nothing else would be enough of a draw back to the huge boost. I could see making it 85% acc instead of 75%, but then I probably still wouldn't use it even if we made the boost 60% Attack and Special Attack, because I'd need to run an Acc weapon to make it work lol Well maybe I would....85% acc and a 60% boost? idk we need to run some calc's

Mind Breaker, Scary, Frosty, etc.

If those receive a little help on the chance to apply a status effect, those abilitied will be funky as well. 
While yes, PerBody = R.i.P. 
It still would allow for offensive status builds.
Combined with the corresponding weapons and moves with a chance to apply effects and you eventually run a super annoying build which doesn't need 90% to inflict x effect status moves. 

I could see something with a 40% chance to whatever but i ont see it becoming competitive. For it to be competitive I'd like to see all of them merged together and make it a 50% chance to randomly inflict every thing but sleep.  And then a separate ability for sleep (35% chance maybe?)
Thoughts? 

Now Observer is a somewhat special case. 
For once there probably would be neat options if you combine it with  -prio moves and those dealing double dmg if you go last that turn.
Both of those however also benefit vastly from Slow Strong.
So if you think a buff can make it viable let us know!

I don't know either...I don't see how we could make it usable over other abilities atm it would need a 20-30% speed drop to help it and a bigger boost probably

Effective Healing hmm... should increase Orb healing % 
Should loose healing items = double effective. 
I mean. .. Perfect and Ultimate potions will heal FULLY
You cannot heal twice FULLY with one use ^^.
Of course, it'll be helpful at the beginning,  but that would be the case with orb buff aswell.

I think we ditch this ability lol it's worthless. 

If anything i'd change it to an ability that boosts ALL held items usages some how....

What to get rid off:

Observer if you think that the buff which would make it viable would be OP
Or you think it cannot become viable. 

Yeah, idk 

Expert Defender 
Well clearly. . Simply no.
10/10 useless. Inferior to immunites or Camouflage in all regards just a potential wasted abi more.
Needless to say  a -40% won't save your mon at all,  and all further  boostings probably wouldn't outdo camouflage. 

I actually think there's promise in this ability....we just need to buff up the effect. Something like makes your x4 weaknesses a 50% resistance

I could use that lol

Put my responses in RED obviously lol

-Knost
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
i agree in some abilities have no real use in game