Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble in Africa!
We are the 3rd month in 2012 and we now have a brand new crazy person in the world. His name is Joseph Kony and he's from Africa.

He kidnaps children from around age 5 and gives them guns. He tells them to go and kill their parents, siblings, any other family member.

Kony 2012 - Exclusive Interview

Website

Another, crazy horrible person has appeared '-' Where do these people come from?
This kind of thing has been happening for some time now.... It is very sad and strange. I can't really pass judgement on anyone involved I know little about Uganda.
Oh goodness.
another extreme religously driven group.
Lord help africa get over this already.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
This stuff is spamming my facebook... It is one of the most horrible things i have ever heard... I hope he is put in jail for lifetime! Such men should not be able to walk on this beautiful earth...
[Image: viking.png]

The Vikings Will Rampage.
Watch the video Tongue

He is being accused of it but no one is entirely sure about the situation.
I don't feel like this is something to be shocked about. Child soldiers have been around for quite a long time now. Now, I'm not saying this is bad or that the guy isn't horrible. I just think it's weird that this is hitting the news and making it sound like it is a recent event. We just have a face to the evil now. Unfortunately if we were to take this guy down a couple of new guys would just take his place.
"For what is a man, what has he got. If not himself, then he has naught" - Frank Sinatra
[Image: 2ppzlnp.jpg]
The Invisible Children organization has been around for awhile. I think the reason it's getting media attention now is that they can now finally put a face to the tragedy.

I for one am glad it's getting some attention.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
(2012-03-08, 01:39 PM)Kamidara Wrote: We are the 3rd month in 2012 and we now have a brand new crazy person in the world. His name is Joseph Kony and he's from Africa.

He kidnaps children from around age 5 and gives them guns. He tells them to go and kill their parents, siblings, any other family member.

Website

Another, crazy horrible person has appeared '-' Where do these people come from?
This has been going on since before 2012, however they now know the Leader behind it all. I do believe this is a very serious problem however what I don't like is when people put it all over facebook just because he/she watched some 30min video and now think they are some crazy activists. This is a dire situation however in reality there really isn't anything we can do about it unless some one here is a volunteer and goes to Africa then yeah that's a different story =]. Last year my school was able to bring a guy who escaped from this horrible man and told us his story. He was forced to kill his brother and watch as they killed his father and mother right before his eyes so he had nothing left to live for. They brain wash these kids making them think that they now have no where to go and then drug them with a drug that I forgot the name of which pretty much increases all their instincts and makes them into in essence wild animals with guns. There will always be crazy people, one may never understand their reasoning take for example Hitler. He could have blamed any one in the world for the problems of Germany especially America, however he instead used the Jews as scapegoats and completely slaughtered them. My theory is when they were children they underwent a traumatizing experience which they hid away deep down within them and it eventually came back out when they grew up leading to these monsters doing what they did in the past and currently in our time.

[Image: tumblr_m8mm02adYC1qgqflko1_500.gif]
(2012-03-08, 09:21 PM)Amaterasu Wrote:
(2012-03-08, 01:39 PM)Kamidara Wrote: We are the 3rd month in 2012 and we now have a brand new crazy person in the world. His name is Joseph Kony and he's from Africa.

Website

This has been going on since before 2012, however they now know the Leader behind it all. I do believe this is a very serious problem however what I don't like is when people put it all over facebook just because he/she watched some 30min video and now think they are some crazy activists. This is a dire situation however in reality there really isn't anything we can do about it unless some one here is a volunteer and goes to Africa then yeah that's a different story =]. Last year my school was able to bring a guy who escaped from this horrible man and told us his story. He was forced to kill his brother and watch as they killed his father and mother right before his eyes so he had nothing left to live for. They brain wash these kids making them think that they now have no where to go and then drug them with a drug that I forgot the name of which pretty much increases all their instincts and makes them into in essence wild animals with guns. There will always be crazy people, one may never understand their reasoning take for example Hitler. He could have blamed any one in the world for the problems of Germany especially America, however he instead used the Jews as scapegoats and completely slaughtered them. My theory is when they were children they underwent a traumatizing experience which they hid away deep down within them and it eventually came back out when they grew up leading to these monsters doing what they did in the past and currently in our time.
The point of spreading it everywhere is so that the government knows that we still care about this. They said that this is the only way the American government is going to keep sending troops. But we only have until 2013, once its 2013 they are sending everyone back. So we have to keep showing how much we care about this movement, or else we'll never find the guy in time.

Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
Eh, I haven't heard about it since yesterday.
(2012-03-08, 09:34 PM)Ghost Wrote:
(2012-03-08, 09:21 PM)Amaterasu Wrote:

Website

The point of spreading it everywhere is so that the government knows that we still care about this. They said that this is the only way the American government is going to keep sending troops. But we only have until 2013, once its 2013 they are sending everyone back. So we have to keep showing how much we care about this movement, or else we'll never find the guy in time.
I hardly think the government is looking on Facebook.... Sure protests and what not will work but people spamming Facebook for one day? That's as pointless as people spamming Facebook about Sopa and Pipa wouldn't make a difference it was the protests that did.

this has been going on for a long time now, if you have saw the movie "blood diamond" it depicts these very type of events. if you haven't saw this ,movie i suggest you do so, it will show you how and why for partly reasons people do these kind of actions.
[Image: blackstarsig_zpsc46521c1.jpeg]
Amaterasu, it is important to remember exactly how SOPA and PIPA got stopped. There were essentially three stages. The first stage involved people spamming on Facebook and Twitter and other social networks about the dangers of SOPA and PIPA. This was to get people informed about what was going on. Wikipedia being shut down can be put into this stage, because it also alerted the public to the bills. The second stage involved organizing protests. Most of this was probably done via Facebook, and these protests really got the government's attention, and this leads to the third stage. The third stage included the government discussing SOPA and PIPA with the protests in mind, and the eventual discontinuation of the bills. Therefore, we can correctly break down a successful protest into three steps: informing, protesting, and achieving. The public was informed of SOPA and PIPA through Facebook and other social networks, the public organized protests mainly using Facebook, and the public achieved what they desired when SOPA and PIPA were discontinued. The same thing is happening with this whole Kony thing. You might be annoyed at people spamming stuff about Kony on Facebook, but this is necessary because this is the first stage of the protest: informing the public about what's going on. Soon enough, when everyone knows what's going on, people will probably begin organizing protests, and they will probably get what they want in the end. Sure, a lot of these protests don't really work out, which means that the third stage really never gets done, but hopefully this will.

Anyway, my own opinions about this topic is that it's completely ridiculous. This Kony guys is crazy and desperately needs to be stopped. I urge everyone to continue informing people about what's going on, because they need to know.
the publicity may not be such a good idea
https://www.channel4.com/news/kony-2012-...for-uganda
and also he's been around for decades, an old article i remember reading https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4320858.stm
"we're living in a Facebook world" :/ So spamming facebook does make a difference

You're welcome.

(2012-03-08, 11:48 PM)Ghost Wrote: "we're living in a Facebook world" :/ So spamming facebook does make a difference
A non-wise, wise man once said.
(2012-03-08, 11:23 PM)Lamb Wrote: Amaterasu, it is important to remember exactly how SOPA and PIPA got stopped. There were essentially three stages. The first stage involved people spamming on Facebook and Twitter and other social networks about the dangers of SOPA and PIPA. This was to get people informed about what was going on. Wikipedia being shut down can be put into this stage, because it also alerted the public to the bills. The second stage involved organizing protests. Most of this was probably done via Facebook, and these protests really got the government's attention, and this leads to the third stage. The third stage included the government discussing SOPA and PIPA with the protests in mind, and the eventual discontinuation of the bills. Therefore, we can correctly break down a successful protest into three steps: informing, protesting, and achieving. The public was informed of SOPA and PIPA through Facebook and other social networks, the public organized protests mainly using Facebook, and the public achieved what they desired when SOPA and PIPA were discontinued. The same thing is happening with this whole Kony thing. You might be annoyed at people spamming stuff about Kony on Facebook, but this is necessary because this is the first stage of the protest: informing the public about what's going on. Soon enough, when everyone knows what's going on, people will probably begin organizing protests, and they will probably get what they want in the end. Sure, a lot of these protests don't really work out, which means that the third stage really never gets done, but hopefully this will.

Anyway, my own opinions about this topic is that it's completely ridiculous. This Kony guys is crazy and desperately needs to be stopped. I urge everyone to continue informing people about what's going on, because they need to know.
I completely understand your point of view and I do believe this to be a just cause this man is insane and I might have been a bit too unspecific in what I said what I meant to say is I dislike those that believe they are suddenly social activists because they liked some guys status on facebook or shared a video and never talk about it ever again a great example would be this picture right here [Image: 422090_327106107337300_199077356806843_8...1263_n.jpg]

Err... no spaces between the link and img coding lol

And.. Did you make that picture? lol
(2012-03-09, 12:27 AM)Kamidara Wrote: Err... no spaces between the link and img coding lol

And.. Did you make that picture? lol
still didnt work =( and lol no my friend did it made me laugh so i thought id share Big Grin

One picture fix.
next time, don't use URL tags.
You should know that this has been going on for a long time now. If you really want to see a good depiction of what has been happening for about 20 years now, watch the movie blood diamond. Its not just one or two men, its entire groups of people.

Also, these are not religiously driven groups. THese are groups that form as a "family". The children are taken at a young age and taunt to kill without mercy.

The thing is, no petition or government action from the US will help these people. We would have to wage war on so many different parts of Africa that it would not only be economically devastating to spend the kind of money on that conflict, it would be mentally disturbing and cause HUGE issues for our soldiers much like in Vietnam where our soldiers were unable to tell the children from the soldier children.

Sadly, there comes a point where you have to let time heal the issues. These nations in Africa have unstable governments run sometimes by military individuals who actually aid the individuals who do this type of thing.

On top of that, many of the African nations are so under developed, there would be no use for democratic rule because many of the areas are tribal ruled and run separately from the established government.

In short, the recent petitions online and awareness is just the flavor of the month. If it actually sparks action I would be very surprised. Its a part of the world, just like the mass murders in Darfur...things happen. These petitions are comforting to our minds that we show we oppose the acts that are happening, but are about as effective as PETA protests against the consumption of meat.

Edit: Just read what mike said about Blood Diamond. Guess we think alike.
(2012-03-09, 02:27 PM)orboknown Wrote: One picture fix.
next time, don't use URL tags.
How would i not use a url tag O.O??

don't type in [url] [/url tags imo.
that makes the tags not work. Just type the [img] tags while posting it then it will show up.
26 years in the making and he "appeared"? lol...
(2012-03-08, 11:38 PM)iRemember Wrote: the publicity may not be such a good idea
https://www.channel4.com/news/kony-2012-...for-uganda
and also he's been around for decades, an old article i remember reading https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4320858.stm

Thanks for those helpful links. I think that people are well aware of the fact that taking down the leader of an organization does not necessarily mean that that organization will be defeated. I mean, look at Osama bin Laden. He was the leader of terrorist organization Al-Qaeda, but killing him did not destroy the whole organization. Al-Qaeda is still at large. From that example, I think people know that taking out Joseph Kony will not bring the whole thing to an end, but it will definitely be a significant blow to the group.

(2012-03-09, 12:24 AM)Amaterasu Wrote: I completely understand your point of view and I do believe this to be a just cause this man is insane and I might have been a bit too unspecific in what I said what I meant to say is I dislike those that believe they are suddenly social activists because they liked some guys status on facebook or shared a video and never talk about it ever again a great example would be this picture right here [Image: 422090_327106107337300_199077356806843_8...1263_n.jpg]

I understand what you're saying. However, like I said, this is stage one of the operation and things like this have to happen for people to know more about this situation. I understand why you're feeling annoyed though, you feel that just liking a status or sharing a video will not do much good. However, those things actually help publicize this situation further, telling more and more people about what's going on so they can be better informed.

(2012-03-09, 04:28 PM)Xrposiedon Wrote: You should know that this has been going on for a long time now. If you really want to see a good depiction of what has been happening for about 20 years now, watch the movie blood diamond. Its not just one or two men, its entire groups of people.

Also, these are not religiously driven groups. THese are groups that form as a "family". The children are taken at a young age and taunt to kill without mercy.

The thing is, no petition or government action from the US will help these people. We would have to wage war on so many different parts of Africa that it would not only be economically devastating to spend the kind of money on that conflict, it would be mentally disturbing and cause HUGE issues for our soldiers much like in Vietnam where our soldiers were unable to tell the children from the soldier children.

Sadly, there comes a point where you have to let time heal the issues. These nations in Africa have unstable governments run sometimes by military individuals who actually aid the individuals who do this type of thing.

On top of that, many of the African nations are so under developed, there would be no use for democratic rule because many of the areas are tribal ruled and run separately from the established government.

In short, the recent petitions online and awareness is just the flavor of the month. If it actually sparks action I would be very surprised. Its a part of the world, just like the mass murders in Darfur...things happen. These petitions are comforting to our minds that we show we oppose the acts that are happening, but are about as effective as PETA protests against the consumption of meat.

Edit: Just read what mike said about Blood Diamond. Guess we think alike.

Thanks for that post Xrposiedon. I'm sad to say it, but I'm afraid that what you're saying is correct. Although I would like to have some American intervention in what's going on in Africa like they did in Libya, it's probably not going to happen. America has to keep their national interests in mind. In Libya, they had to intervene because if they didn't, there would be oil issues. However, in this case, they really don't have much to gain from going into Africa. It's sad, but yeah, they're probably not going to do much. I really would like them to though.
What if Kony is hiding in America like a smart baws ;w;
Probably sitting in a motel sleeping, shaved beard and a wig.
Hiding right under our nose...lika baws.

You're welcome.

(2012-03-11, 11:17 PM)Ghost Wrote: What if Kony is hiding in America like a smart baws ;w;
Probably sitting in a motel sleeping, shaved beard and a wig.
Hiding right under our nose...lika baws.
Funny.

But in this world, there are no ifs. '-' We can only dream.
when you hear stuff like this it makes you want to do everything you can to help its one of the main reasons i fight but i never heard anything about this guy till today
Oh godness
It is very sad and strange.
interesting