Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of MonsterMMORPG
So the new maps are coming, and they look awesome. More than just new maps, I think there can be some adjustments to make the update feel more like a newer game:

1. Instant heal upon entering a monster center.
- it isn't that I'm too lazy to click the heal button, it's just more of a convenience to not have to. I mean, you're there anyway, why not heal? It doesn't cost anything.

2. Held items on wild monsters
- People litter, monsters pick things up. Maybe an upgrade for one monster is being held by another one across the map. There's quite a few possibilities.

3. Higher level cap
- The gameplay and concepts are awesome, but now that we're not tied down to the "official" company's standards, why not raise the level cap? I say, max it at 120, and make 101-120 all challenge levels. It's just one more thing for players to work towards, and would make for some pretty awesome sales at the bazaar.

4. An official name
- Now, Monstermmorpg is exactly what it is, a monster-based mmorpg, but calling it that forever isn't going to be too catchy. Its like if zelda was named elfpuzzlesolvinggame or grand theft auto was called carstealingsandboxgame. I think "MonsterNet" would be catchy, implying the monsters and network of gamers. I'm sure everyone can think of something.

5. Monster selection during battle
- When having to pick a monster when I enter battle, I feel like it'd make more sense for me to click on the monster itself, and not just the name-bar. The monsterdex can have its use during or after the battle. It would especially benefit those playing on smaller screens or touchscreen devices.

I'm trying to avoid new ideas altogether in this topic because there's plenty of that in others, but I'm suggesting just improvements or changes to the current things.
[Image: 318184_3285825435757_1571293180_32610312...8866_n.jpg]
(2012-09-26, 03:18 AM)jaydem Wrote: So the new maps are coming, and they look awesome. More than just new maps, I think there can be some adjustments to make the update feel more like a newer game:

- it isn't that I'm too lazy to click the heal button, it's just more of a convenience to not have to. I mean, you're there anyway, why not heal? It doesn't cost anything.

- People litter, monsters pick things up. Maybe an upgrade for one monster is being held by another one across the map. There's quite a few possibilities.

3. Higher level cap
- The gameplay and concepts are awesome, but now that we're not tied down to the "official" company's standards, why not raise the level cap? I say, max it at 120, and make 101-120 all challenge levels. It's just one more thing for players to work towards, and would make for some pretty awesome sales at the bazaar.

4. An official name
- Now, Monstermmorpg is exactly what it is, a monster-based mmorpg, but calling it that forever isn't going to be too catchy. Its like if zelda was named elfpuzzlesolvinggame or grand theft auto was called carstealingsandboxgame. I think "MonsterNet" would be catchy, implying the monsters and network of gamers. I'm sure everyone can think of something.

I'm trying to avoid new ideas altogether in this topic because there's plenty of that in others, but I'm suggesting just improvements or changes to the current things.
1) No Support.
I don't think any hospital in the world can cure a case of poison just by you walking in the door. Yet. -3-

2) Semi-Support
I like the idea of them dropping items, but i think they should be natural items.

3) No Support
My goodness, do you guys not see how unbalanced this game would be without the 100 level cap? Ancients would be able to have like three 999 stats, and you guys ask for it now, but if it were to come, you'd hate it.

4) Support
I too, think that this games name is a bit bland. I'd prefer not calling them monsters at all and calling them something more original, as well as the title. No one wants to join a game knowing it's going to be just like Pokemon, when they can just play Pokemon. Not that this game is bad, love the game, but it just doesn't attract people.

You ninja'd me on #5
5) No Support
Some players like to review the monster before entering battle....i guess >.>
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
I feel like saying WHATEVER a billion times to all he said

XD just kidding

Well support evweything then, im too laZy to type
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
(2012-09-26, 03:30 AM)Ghost Wrote:
(2012-09-26, 03:18 AM)jaydem Wrote: So the new maps are coming, and they look awesome. More than just new maps, I think there can be some adjustments to make the update feel more like a newer game:

3. Higher level cap

4. An official name

1) No Support.
I don't think any hospital in the world can cure a case of poison just by you walking in the door. Yet. -3-

2) Semi-Support
I like the idea of them dropping items, but i think they should be natural items.

3) No Support
My goodness, do you guys not see how unbalanced this game would be without the 100 level cap? Ancients would be able to have like three 999 stats, and you guys ask for it now, but if it were to come, you'd hate it.

4) Support
I too, think that this games name is a bit bland. I'd prefer not calling them monsters at all and calling them something more original, as well as the title. No one wants to join a game knowing it's going to be just like Pokemon, when they can just play Pokemon. Not that this game is bad, love the game, but it just doesn't attract people.

You ninja'd me on #5
5) No Support
Some players like to review the monster before entering battle....i guess >.>
ill go with what he said
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
1. No support
Same with Ghost, you can't just heal automatically when you go to the hospital... or a Monster Center.

2. Support

I like the idea, maybe they should be held items not found in the shop.

3. No support

Seriously, with this level 100 cap, it makes the monster balanced with this cap. With a new cap (120), some monsters will be stronger than the rest, or weaker than the rest. Example, lvl 120 regular vs lvl 120 superior, technically, the superior will be about 1.2x stronger than the regular. If it is still level capped to 100, maybe the regular will have a chance to beat the superior.

4. Support

True, we need a moar catchy name to attract more people.

5. No support

Uh.. you don't go to the monsterdex when you click the picture BEFORE the battle, it just redirects you the monster's profile. You click the picture in the profile to go to the monsterdex. And I look at the stats of my monster before battling. And abilities. And OTHER STUFF.
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
1) Doesn't hurt me, I don't care about it at all. Same difference, you're healed with or without a click.

2) Monsters dropping items is something CeFurkan has considered.

3) Higher level cap? We already had a discussion on it and CeFurkan has also considered it.

4) Well, we do have a thread for "new domain name change". I dislike MonsterMMORPG, boring. We can get something going if the boss (CeFurkan) is up for it. He's the boss, if he wants this name, he wants it.

5) What?
1-nope
2-sure
3-nope
4-why not
5-why?
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.

3. Higher level cap

4. An official name

5. Monster selection during battle
- When having to pick a monster when I enter battle, I feel like it'd make more sense for me to click on the monster itself, and not just the name-bar. The monsterdex can have its use during or after the battle. It would especially benefit those playing on smaller screens or touchscreen devices.

cant wait ^_^

(2012-09-26, 12:08 PM)fjkulit Wrote: I feel like saying WHATEVER a billion times to all he said

XD just kidding

Well support evweything then, im too laZy to type
they should put alot of things to make it like pkm
Quote: they should put alot of things to make it like pkm
No.
no. Absolutely not.
we want to be as much not-pokemon as possible.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.