Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Snoozn's newb guide.
Wink 
First of all, watch the video guide. Yes it is long but it is helpful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4UXxEV8...r_embedded

This guide is a work in progress and I tend to work on these when I can be bothered. I will add to it time to time so please leave a message here on things I can improve upon or things I can add. Thank you.

Hopefully this guide will answer a few questions on what you should focus on getting and why. As I go through this guide I will try and list everything in the order you might want to aquire them. Although things like AI moves, you can usually get a monster cheap on the bazaar or through chat that already know these moves.

Monsters of Interest

A nice monster to get first is one with Expert Leader ability.

Expert Leader - Increases experienced gained by all monsters in your team by 50%.
Link for monsters with expert leader: https://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-M...ert-Leader

Items of Interest

Held Items:

Double Money - Doubles money gained from defeating monsters. You only need a monster in your party holding it, doesn't need to enter battle. Get this held item first since it will help you buy more items sooner. Usually people make the expert leader hold this item.

Experience Armor - Increases the holders' gained experience from battles by 50%.

AI Moves:

Surf - Surf is a great first AI to get as a new player as it will help you navigate to new places the most. It will also allow you to catch monsters that are found from walking on water.

Fly - Fly is probably the second most important AI to get since it helps you travel as well. The reason it is second and not first is because you can only fly to a map you have already visited.

Main Items:

Monster Radar - Monster Radar is a good item to get. Once you get to Robin Straights you can use it to farm experience points and gold quickly. Even I who has a few level 100s will farm in Robin Straights using this technique. You can also use it to try your luck at the legendary Alaclipse here. This is a great place to get to, to start farming and saving to buy everything.

Monster Player - Monster Player is also useful to find Zenith and Legends. I use this one less often when farming XP and gold.

Nets - All three nets are nice to own so you can catch monsters only obtainable from fishing. Some legends and zenith are only obtainable from fishing. If you only are going to get one, I would suggest Perfect Net. Perfect Net is the net used to catch legends and zenith monsters.

Well Snoozn, now that I know all of this, how do I put it into practice?

Note: Shortcut, you can vote for 100k gold. Link is on the top right of chat. I will explain from here in assuming you did not vote. If you did vote, you can still follow this you will just be skipping parts of earning money. I will try and add in Notes: for voters.

First off, get Double Money. Earning gold faster will allow you to buy your other items faster. The sooner you own this the better. An easy Expert Leader to get is Sporoom.

https://www.monstermmorpg.com/Sporoom-Monster-Dex-643

You should try and catch him early on just for this ability alone. Have Sporoom hold Double Money item.
While earning gold to buy Double Money, I suggest only focusing on your starter. The reason is so you can get to higher area's quicker. Also there are ways to train really quick once you get to these area's so its a great time savor to wait until then.

After you obtain Double Money, keep leveling and save to get Experience Armor. Make your main monster hold this item. Now you should be cruising through getting gold and XP. While you continue to level keep an eye on bazaar to get a monster with Surf / Fly for cheap. These will help you travel.

What I done from there was made my way to Robin Straights and bought Monster Radar. I suggest a lvl 50 emissary for here. You can usually get one pretty cheap off bazaar. Also ask in chat about buying one. Some people will usually sell one off for cheap. Just start farming using the Radar and buying all the Main Items and AI Moves. You will probably gain a lot of levels farming this spot.

Note: Once you reach Robin Straights with Monster Radar, I would suggest the 6hr buff over the 100k.

I need help. When i train my monsters by battle wild monsters,when click battle on the wild monster i just keep going back to the monster center.
bookmarked thanks snoozn
[Image: image]
just forgot that my monsters fainted sorry,im a newb
(2012-01-25, 05:01 AM)swarm88 Wrote: just forgot that my monsters fainted sorry,im a newb
Good thing you found this guide then ha ha welcome to game.

[Image: image]
Add a link to the video guide in case they deleted the message?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
(2012-01-25, 06:48 AM)Quanto_Konami Wrote: Add a link to the video guide in case they deleted the message?
Link added. Thank you.
yea this is being stickied.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Smile 
u get 5 stars for this thread, awesome
Thank you for the guide found it very useful!!!
New Tutorial Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wgQP8NI5-A
You dare Challenge ME ?

Big Grin [Image: 1586wsx.jpg]
(2012-01-25, 03:08 PM)kingOH Wrote: u get 5 stars for this thread, awesome
5 stars!?? No, no, no, it should be 6 stars out of 5!!

I actually used this guide when i first started Big Grin
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
snoozn is giving a suberb guide
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
Hi, I've just started and Thanks for the guide. Just a question about UVs. I really dont understand how they work. I caught two coodras, and can't figure out which one to keep.

HP Attack Defense SPAttack SPDefense Speed

Coodra lvl 20 66(13) 42(47) 17(18) 36(18) 17(12) 18(23)

Coodra lvl 20 51(45) 32(33) 19(0) 38(50) 25(31) 24(5)

The numbers in brackets are their UV values. Neither has any TP as I havent started training them yet. Im confused as surely the bottom coodra should have a much higher HP value, as its UV is much higher? Please explain, it would help a LOT!
(2012-07-22, 01:23 PM)mohib55 Wrote: Hi, I've just started and Thanks for the guide. Just a question about UVs. I really dont understand how they work. I caught two coodras, and can't figure out which one to keep.

HP Attack Defense SPAttack SPDefense Speed

Coodra lvl 20 66(13) 42(47) 17(18) 36(18) 17(12) 18(23)

Coodra lvl 20 51(45) 32(33) 19(0) 38(50) 25(31) 24(5)

The numbers in brackets are their UV values. Neither has any TP as I havent started training them yet. Im confused as surely the bottom coodra should have a much higher HP value, as its UV is much higher? Please explain, it would help a LOT!
Uv is not the only thing that matters, the monsters nature has also a very important job
Getting the right Nature and Good UV for it can be though, but when you do, the monster
will be at its best Smile
[Image: viking.png]

The Vikings Will Rampage.
Cant find Robin Straights in maps. What route number it has?
^ This was once applicable in V1. We're now in V2, so this is actually outdated.
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
Was monster radar and player removed in v2?
yeah, the nets still exist though
[Image: thelegendssigf.png]
The Bloodbath Arena Leader for the Legends Guild.
My Monster Fanfiction story!
I recommend to you to visit a site, with an information large quantity on a theme interesting you.
It agree, it is the remarkable information
Hi! Can you please tell a good place to lvl up 20-30 monsters? I am totally new and I am having difficulty since it takes me ages.