Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LONG TIME EVERYONE
Not here to say I'm gonna be on regularly, just had a flash of nostalgia and wanted to check in on everyone!

Hope everyone who reads this is enjoying the game and indeed that life is blessed too!
Smile 
hii
yes i am enjoying 
thanksSmile
Hi! This is interesting, because I just received an email notification for this thread, which apparently FearTheDragon bumped. It was from 2011 when I used to be more active, and it was quite nostalgic looking back at the posters in that thread.

Unfortunately I haven't had the privilege of getting to know either of you (iRemember and GurvinderSingh), but I hope we can get to know each other here. I'm going to try to be more active on the forums again; I'll check at least once a day!
Smile 
(2017-04-11, 01:19 AM)Lamb Wrote: Hi! This is interesting, because I just received an email notification for this thread, which apparently FearTheDragon bumped. It was from 2011 when I used to be more active, and it was quite nostalgic looking back at the posters in that thread.

Unfortunately I haven't had the privilege of getting to know either of you (iRemember and GurvinderSingh), but I hope we can get to know each other here. I'm going to try to be more active on the forums again; I'll check at least once a day!

Smile
Woah. The real OG Lamb is here. Big Grin and heya remmy Big Grin
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
Hey zach!! Wow it's definitely been awhile, how are you?
I'm great man. Pushing my way through college. How about you, bud?!
Awesome! Yeah, pretty much the same for me. I'll be entering into my final year of college after this semester, and then I'll (hopefully) be working full-time.

What are you studying?
(2017-04-09, 01:32 AM)iRemember Wrote: Not here to say I'm gonna be on regularly, just had a flash of nostalgia and wanted to check in on everyone!

Hope everyone who reads this is enjoying the game and indeed that life is blessed too!
Hello iRemember

Heh...quite the name for this type of post. I just came back to MonsterMMORPG as well after about a year or so break away from it (been busy with other things etc.).

Hopefully things are going well for you. ^-^
(2017-04-21, 04:31 PM)Lamb Wrote: Awesome! Yeah, pretty much the same for me. I'll be entering into my final year of college after this semester, and then I'll (hopefully) be working full-time.

What are you studying?

Studying Computer Science/Mathematics to become a Cryptologist. How about you? and good luck!
(2017-04-21, 05:30 PM)MariaFictionkin Wrote: I just came back to MonsterMMORPG as well after about a year or so break away from it (been busy with other things etc.).

Hi MariaFictionkin! Nice to meet you, and welcome back Big Grin

(2017-04-23, 08:02 AM)zacherymatthews Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 04:31 PM)Lamb Wrote: Awesome! Yeah, pretty much the same for me. I'll be entering into my final year of college after this semester, and then I'll (hopefully) be working full-time.

What are you studying?

Studying Computer Science/Mathematics to become a Cryptologist. How about you? and good luck!

Cool! Looks like we're both in similar fields; I'm currently pursuing a dual major in computer science and information technology/web science. That's great that you want to go into cryptology, I'm not too familiar with it but I know that it's closely related to encryption and other security topics, and that it's an incredibly important theoretical field. Especially right now when cybersecurity is a huge concern, not just for businesses but also on the global scale with countries launching cyberwarfare attacks.

My interests tend to change very frequently, but right now I'm interested in both artificial intelligence and data science. A field that kind of combines those two is machine learning, which I'm sure you've heard of. So I'm concentrating my studies in machine learning, although I actually haven't taken the main machine learning course at my university yet. I'll be taking it next semester however, so I'll see how it is, and if I want to continue with it. If not, I'll always be interested in data and cool visualizations, so I guess I'll become a data scientist. Otherwise I'll try to pursue something more machine learning related; I'll have to see though!

What made you interested in cryptology? Like I said I know little to nothing of it, and I'd like to learn more. Big Grin
(2017-04-24, 11:03 PM)Lamb Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 05:30 PM)MariaFictionkin Wrote: I just came back to MonsterMMORPG as well after about a year or so break away from it (been busy with other things etc.).

Hi MariaFictionkin! Nice to meet you, and welcome back Big Grin

(2017-04-23, 08:02 AM)zacherymatthews Wrote:

What are you studying?

Cool! Looks like we're both in similar fields; I'm currently pursuing a dual major in computer science and information technology/web science. That's great that you want to go into cryptology, I'm not too familiar with it but I know that it's closely related to encryption and other security topics, and that it's an incredibly important theoretical field. Especially right now when cybersecurity is a huge concern, not just for businesses but also on the global scale with countries launching cyberwarfare attacks.

My interests tend to change very frequently, but right now I'm interested in both artificial intelligence and data science. A field that kind of combines those two is machine learning, which I'm sure you've heard of. So I'm concentrating my studies in machine learning, although I actually haven't taken the main machine learning course at my university yet. I'll be taking it next semester however, so I'll see how it is, and if I want to continue with it. If not, I'll always be interested in data and cool visualizations, so I guess I'll become a data scientist. Otherwise I'll try to pursue something more machine learning related; I'll have to see though!

What made you interested in cryptology? Like I said I know little to nothing of it, and I'd like to learn more. Big Grin

The cyber and network security part. It sounded challenging, but fun at the same time. The idea of being kinda like a internet cop sounded pretty cool to me, and someone mentioned to me that there's a small possibly that I could work along side the FBI, CIA, etc. which also intrigued me a bit. To me it just seems like it would be something that would be interesting, challenging, and fun all at the same time. The pay is also pretty good (but money isn't everything). The other other path that really interested me was psychology, but I thought it through and I don't see myself having the mental capacity it takes to deal with other peoples day to day problems (as much as I would like to). I just feel like I would go insane knowing that I can't help each and every person in the world, as that is pretty impossible (Just by myself anyways). On another note, Data Scientist sounds awesome. I don't really know about that though. But from what I do know, it sounds pretty great. Assisting business in decision making and what not. Sounds like a cool job!
This is nostalgic :o
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
WHOA, IREM AND ZACH??? :O :O :O
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(2017-04-25, 08:12 AM)zacherymatthews Wrote: The cyber and network security part. It sounded challenging, but fun at the same time. The idea of being kinda like a internet cop sounded pretty cool to me, and someone mentioned to me that there's a small possibly that I could work along side the FBI, CIA, etc. which also intrigued me a bit. To me it just seems like it would be something that would be interesting, challenging, and fun all at the same time. The pay is also pretty good (but money isn't everything). The other other path that really interested me was psychology, but I thought it through and I don't see myself having the mental capacity it takes to deal with other peoples day to day problems (as much as I would like to). I just feel like I would go insane knowing that I can't help each and every person in the world, as that is pretty impossible (Just by myself anyways).

I apologize for this late response, I got a bit caught up with school/some other stuff.

That's really nice, glad to hear that you're doing something you're interested in. I think a lot of people have become a lot more aware about cybercrime, with the recent WannaCry ransomware attack. What's your opinion on that attack? From what I've read, it could have been prevented by simply updating operating systems/other software. Pretty sad that it happened the way it did. :\

(2017-04-25, 08:12 AM)zacherymatthews Wrote: On another note, Data Scientist sounds awesome. I don't really know about that though. But from what I do know, it sounds pretty great. Assisting business in decision making and what not. Sounds like a cool job!

Yup! Data science is pretty interesting to me right now. It's kind of a broad field that has many different applications, but one major application would definitely be with business decision making. It's really about anything to do with analyzing data, which covers almost every field. This is a pretty good diagram that describes generally what data science is:

[Image: data_science.png]

And we can see machine learning on there as well, which as I mentioned before is something I'm pretty interested in right now.

(2017-05-11, 06:56 AM)fjkulit Wrote: This is nostalgic :o

It really is Big Grin
FJ and Vipe <3
(2017-05-19, 09:04 PM)Lamb Wrote:
(2017-04-25, 08:12 AM)zacherymatthews Wrote: The cyber and network security part. It sounded challenging, but fun at the same time. The idea of being kinda like a internet cop sounded pretty cool to me, and someone mentioned to me that there's a small possibly that I could work along side the FBI, CIA, etc. which also intrigued me a bit. To me it just seems like it would be something that would be interesting, challenging, and fun all at the same time. The pay is also pretty good (but money isn't everything). The other other path that really interested me was psychology, but I thought it through and I don't see myself having the mental capacity it takes to deal with other peoples day to day problems (as much as I would like to). I just feel like I would go insane knowing that I can't help each and every person in the world, as that is pretty impossible (Just by myself anyways).

I apologize for this late response, I got a bit caught up with school/some other stuff.

That's really nice, glad to hear that you're doing something you're interested in. I think a lot of people have become a lot more aware about cybercrime, with the recent WannaCry ransomware attack. What's your opinion on that attack? From what I've read, it could have been prevented by simply updating operating systems/other software. Pretty sad that it happened the way it did. :\

(2017-04-25, 08:12 AM)zacherymatthews Wrote: On another note, Data Scientist sounds awesome. I don't really know about that though. But from what I do know, it sounds pretty great. Assisting business in decision making and what not. Sounds like a cool job!

Yup! Data science is pretty interesting to me right now. It's kind of a broad field that has many different applications, but one major application would definitely be with business decision making. It's really about anything to do with analyzing data, which covers almost every field. This is a pretty good diagram that describes generally what data science is:

[Image: data_science.png]

And we can see machine learning on there as well, which as I mentioned before is something I'm pretty interested in right now.

(2017-05-11, 06:56 AM)fjkulit Wrote: This is nostalgic :o

It really is Big Grin

Ahh, I don't have much of an opinion on that to be honest. Haven't paid too much attention to it, but I do agree with what you're saying. A couple of OS updates, and I feel the problem would have been.. not completely unlikely, but very unlikely to happen. And nice man! Glad you're doing something you enjoy as well! Hope you're successful in that field!
Ah alright, cool! Thank you Big Grin
Welcome, man! Big Grin
meep meep
thanks you
Yoooo Rem! I remember you! Good to see you back!
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
(2019-11-15, 08:46 AM)TexasToast Wrote: Yoooo Rem! I remember you! Good to see you back!

wow you still around?

are you in discord?
(2019-12-24, 02:49 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:
(2019-11-15, 08:46 AM)TexasToast Wrote: Yoooo Rem! I remember you! Good to see you back!

wow you still around?

are you in discord?

Only a bit! I'm terribly inactive for the most part, but I still pop into the game every once in a while.
WHEN FIRST I APPEAR, I SEEM MYSTERIOUS! But when explained, I'm nothing serious. :3
Find me on deviantART, FanFiction, or YouTube!
Co-Composer of the Monster MMORPG Soundtrack
[-] The following 1 user Likes TexasToast's post:
  • CeFurkan
BUMP same sentiment