Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDEA TO LOWER LAG FOR PLAYERS
I think there isn't much the game owner can do when it comes to lag because of browser, cookies, cache, server, etc and I am not an expert in this field. But I believe a good way to help with some lag issues is creating the games own Client that people can download and use.  You could still keep it as a browser just in case people want to access the site from a public PC or don't want to download the software.  But having a Client that could direct everything to the server back to the player would make things alot smoother.  Not to mention it would give the creator an opportunity to make it look more appealing and sick looking. Granted I know this is just an idea and that making a client would take alot of resources but something to consider if you have not yet Tongue
[Image: annie_signature__by_lokos1-d74359g.png]
Here is an idea I just did in a few seconds that what it could look like jammed into a Client ... 

[Image: 386bdf5da7cbe8ec8eea72c4d7be14cd.png]
ye better screen and movement is planned in v3 hopefully if i can make it Big Grin
(2015-10-17, 09:34 AM)CeFurkan Wrote: ye better screen and movement is planned in v3 hopefully if i can make it Big Grin

Oh nice will be looking forward to seeing it Big Grin
It may also help you to make sure other programs that are downloading/streaming media are not running or you have no downloads in progress, as that will impact your network speed and cause lag.

Examples of such programs are Steam and BitTorrent clients.
(2016-04-19, 06:43 AM)Motoko Wrote: It may also help you to make sure other programs that are downloading/streaming media are not running or you have no downloads in progress, as that will impact your network speed and cause lag.

Examples of such programs are Steam and BitTorrent clients.

correct

also user location and browser makes the difference

chrome is the fastest

also if you live in a place close to the USA you will get faster connection speed
Nice Idea, of having client Smile
Also I would suggest making things preload (or making live content static) instead of direct server communication. For example, currently while hunting and even gymming, wild monsters ids, moves, abis etc. all get fetched from server live. If say cef applies a preloader which randomly assigns say 50 or 100 next such encounters then it will avoid lag at the time of play, it may lag while preloading only which wont be much problem, as user gets annoyed of lag only while playing... Like i am fighting a monster and bang i keep clicking my attack but it is not executing, or i moved a step in grass and the lower load circle keeps loading and monster doesnt show up for seconds lolz Big Grin
I am a Rank Freak. Now hold a legendary record of being Rank 1 in both games Pokemonpets and Monstermmorpg
Dont get confused over username though, it is jecklin in monstermmorpg and mailmeharry2008 in pokemonpets.
Five Nights At Freddy's games can get a bit complex with the mechanics, which can be frustrating for some players