Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has this been suggested? : Search Query
I want to check on this to see if it's been requested yet. I'm also asking for suggestions on anything to make the request better. I'd like you guys to add any thoughts or suggest certain parts be removed if you don't agree. If you don't like the idea, please say so kindly.

So as we all know, when we search using names in the dex and in the bazaar, we HAVE to enter the name spelled correctly and in full. Otherwise the item or monster won't show up.

I'm thinking we should suggest that the name filter be set up more like a search query. That way we can be off by a letter and still find the monster. Or "Surf the Dex" and discover monsters by entering a few letters that could be placed anywhere in the name of the monster.

i.e.

searching "ar" and get monsters ranging from
Armadog
to
Tadart
to
Camopillar

--If this idea has been offered before, I apologize.
yes i get what you mean. i may make it that way at new design
well the bazaar does have a type of auto complete function...you type the first few letters and wait a second or two and it will pop up with a list of monsters that start with those letters..Would you mind checking that and seeing if it fulfills the need you have seen?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
(2012-02-29, 09:50 PM)Quanto_Konami Wrote: well the bazaar does have a type of auto complete function...you type the first few letters and wait a second or two and it will pop up with a list of monsters that start with those letters..Would you mind checking that and seeing if it fulfills the need you have seen?
I've used that function Smile I know it works, but I also know that sometimes when searching for an item or minster, you might not know the first 2 or 3 letters correctly. so it would be useful if there was a system that could recognize similar words/ names. For example, I've tried searching "Manoson" when I meant "monason"... and if a query could recognize a simple letter change that could be useful. And for curious wanderers that like to surf the MD, being able to enter a few letters and get multiple results could be a nice addition.