Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GUI Change- Quick outline
Lightbulb 
So I find it hard that the game screen is so small and then i have to scroll down for chatting. I think making a better GUI (Game User Interface) would not only attract more players but keep them instead of them just standing around and cluttering the starting area. Here is a image I came up with that I think would be a good way to start changing it and making it easier to play and do multiple things as well. I am not saying I think it should look identical to my outline but I am saying it should be updated a bit. Well here you go:

[Image: 161dxqu.jpg]
  Drag to another tab to see full size.

Ideas Added For GUI:

- Hover over player name in chat to see stats and such.
- Delete Monsters in area.
- More colors
- Fullscreen mode.
- All option better organized.
- Advertisements bottom of screen.
- Buttons flash when something is finished, needing player attention, or messages/challenges arise.
nice idea, but still need a better display
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=447]
(2013-10-17, 07:26 AM)prayudi Wrote: nice idea, but still need a better display

Well the arrow indicates the image should be fully in that box. I just didn't feel like removing the coordinate box I had already put there before. Also, I had said this is just a quick outline and not my best work. If I was to make a better one with all buttons, pops up, and such it would take close to a month to do. Yet, I would like to see your display of how you would like it so I could get a better idea.
Definitely an interesting concept, although the outline itself could be improved a bit Wink Don't think the 'monsters in area' is really needed also there should be option to expand the chat as well as a few more minor details. Nevertheless, I quite like the GUI layout Smile (Not quite sure if similar things have been suggested in the past?)

With some more work/ adjustments on this it definitely has potential Smile

Also, apparently I seem to love cookies quite a lot Tongue
[Image: attachment.php?aid=448]
~^±|I|±^~Pyro Piglet~^±|I|±^~ 
»»»»»»[IGN: Tanklet]««««««
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
(2013-10-17, 07:32 AM)Pyro Piglet Wrote: Definitely an interesting concept, although the outline itself could be improved a bit Wink Don't think the 'monsters in area' is really needed also there should be option to expand the chat as well as a few more minor details. Nevertheless, I quite like the GUI layout Smile (Not quite sure if similar things have been suggested in the past?)

Also, apparently I seem to love cookies quite a lot Tongue

I thought you might like the cookies thing lol. I was just throwing in ideas as well. I might actually sit down when I get my desktop and make a whole entire GUI and post it here. Including the buttons, pop-ups, and inventory things like that.

There is an option for the chat. The square with the black dot. I just forgot to add the explanation because I wanted to get back to my game lol!
Ah okay lol Wink Hopefully Cef (the admin/ main game developer) takes a look at this, as well as other people for more possible suggestions/ improvements
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
(2013-10-17, 07:38 AM)Pyro Piglet Wrote: Ah okay lol Wink Hopefully Cef (the admin/ main game developer) takes a look at this, as well as other people for more possible suggestions/ improvements

I hope so too. I wouldn't mind helping out for the gui. Would be nice if it was organized and prolly had a fullscreen mode as well.
I like the places this game is going.... cant wait for v3 to come outBig Grin
(2013-10-17, 07:19 AM)Lady Annahstas Wrote: Ideas Added For GUI:

- Hover over player name in chat to see stats and such.
- Delete Monsters in area.
- More colors
- Fullscreen mode.
- All option better organized.
- Advertisements bottom of screen.
- Buttons flash when something is finished, needing player attention, or messages/challenges arise.

(oh god it's nitz again)

Alright, I'mma pick this apart, I like some aspects, but others are simply not going to happen.

-Hover over player name in chat to see stats and such: Great idea, shouldn't be that hard to code in either, but it may likely make the screen look cramped. I'd suggest making a section on the side (like some sort of mini screen that can display different information). If hovering your mouse over things produces a bunch of information, it's going to make users feel claustrophobic.
-Delete monsters in area: Agree.
-More colours: Get an interior designer or something and make THEMES. let people choose or even give them a way to MAKE their own themes, because they will always always always be unhappy with it, but if they can modify it to fit what they like (and even have somewhere, like on the forums, to share these mods) it would boost growth and community tenfold. A modding community for lack of a better term would do us wonders.

Fullscreen mode: Hit F11.

- All option better organized: Same idea as more colours really, put it under themes. This would be covered by the same idea.

- Advertisements bottom of screen: That's unlikely, as ads give the game revenue and must be somewhere you can see them. If you don't like them, then donate to the game, I believe that still removes them for you.

- Buttons flash when something is finished, needing player attention, or messages/challenges arise: Creating more .GIFs instead of using .PNGs (or the dreaded jpg) or Bitmaps. There isn't any excuse to make something look bland. It's a turn off, and makes people less likely to come back.

My suggested change: A solid tutorial area

This game is really frustrating to play if you don't know how to play it already, and that can make it hard to get into. A solid tutorial in game, that everyone has to complete, that guides you though it and gives you rewards for completing it would be awesome. Right now we're currently throwing people into the middle of something and they don't know what to expect. It'd help us appeal to a wider audience.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
(2013-10-17, 09:41 AM)Nitz_X Wrote: My suggested change: A solid tutorial area

This game is really frustrating to play if you don't know how to play it already, and that can make it hard to get into. A solid tutorial in game, that everyone has to complete, that guides you though it and gives you rewards for completing it would be awesome. Right now we're currently throwing people into the middle of something and they don't know what to expect. It'd help us appeal to a wider audience.

Aha! Yes! A tutorial area! It would save explaining things/ all of the new players being completely confused before leaving if no experienced player is on to help them... Even the current written/ video guides aren't actually taken any notice of by most new players unless they are spoon- fed the links and told what to look for/ at...

This ^ would probably allow for a greater number of players to actually continue playing the game. Rather than just register an account and leave for good (there are thousands and thousands of such players atm...)
I kinda want to see CeFurkan's idea first.
Not too big of a fan of the way the game page is layed out. I agree with full screen though. One thing that I'm confused on is the part that says "Delete monsters in area" When I read this I was like "wut??"
Resident noob
I like this idea..I think the game could use a ui overhaul
(2013-10-17, 06:49 PM)SparrowHawk Wrote: I kinda want to see CeFurkan's idea first.

(2013-10-17, 09:43 PM)TheClan Wrote: I like this idea..I think the game could use a ui overhaul

I can agree with both of these. Cefukan might already have this handled, but even if that's the case, then there isn't any harm in talking about overhauling the GUI.
CeFurkan Wrote:
I like how these ideas literally expand within the space of 4-6 posts. That was probably my favorite part about this game. Its ability to continuously expand Smile
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
(2013-10-17, 11:56 PM)ch17175 Wrote: I like how these ideas literally expand within the space of 4-6 posts. That was probably my favorite part about this game. Its ability to continuously expand Smile

Would you support the idea of having user-side mods that make aesthetic differences then?
CeFurkan Wrote:
(2013-10-18, 01:37 AM)Nitz_X Wrote:
(2013-10-17, 11:56 PM)ch17175 Wrote: I like how these ideas literally expand within the space of 4-6 posts. That was probably my favorite part about this game. Its ability to continuously expand Smile

Would you support the idea of having user-side mods that make aesthetic differences then?

Not sure if the game is ready for this though? Could be a nice touch for a more completed/later release though Wink
(2013-10-18, 10:26 AM)Pyro Piglet Wrote:
(2013-10-18, 01:37 AM)Nitz_X Wrote:

Not sure if the game is ready for this though? Could be a nice touch for a more completed/later release though Wink

User friendly GUI/HUDs are very important though.
CeFurkan Wrote:
I agree with everything Nitz said. Also I could help with the graphical suggestions like the flashing icons or the interface. I just want a definitive yes or at least consideration to use it before I pour my heart and soul into it, last I heard CeFurkan had someone doing a complete new layout design but that info was from 2 months ago.
This is why nitz is appreciated
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
yes i am planning better gui

i am planning chat to be at same level of game map Smile
Sounds good Smile