Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Class System Suggestion - AriaSings
This is AriaSings suggestion. They were not able to post a thread so I posted for them.

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else noticed that the only sought-after monsters are those that are emissary, zenith, and legend? It makes sense--these monsters have high class designation. But what about all of the hundreds of regular and superior monsters that are overlooked by users?

Someone worked really hard to create every single one of these monsters. Every regular and superior monsters required hours of work. However, these monsters are rarely used because of their class designation. One of the stated goals of the game is to have 10,000+ monsters. That's a lot of hard work. Just think about it--out of these 10,000 monsters, only 3000 of these monsters are going to be regularly used, simply due to their class status.

Whenever I search for a new monster to add to my team, the first thing I look at is what class it is. This is bad, I know, but I'm sure that other players have experienced this phenomenon as well. If it's a regular class, I don't want to catch it at all--even if the monster is the type I want and the artwork is really appealing to me.

I propose that there is an abolishment of the class designations except for legendary. This way, a monsters will not be judged by its class designation, but by its attractiveness to the player, its move set, and its types. This way, the hard work of these artists will be fully appreciated.

This will also add more diversity to the game. Whenever I pvp, I tend to see the same monsters over and over again--alaclipse, hydevil, miro, etc. What if regular monsters were valued as well?

I'm not saying that stats, appearance rate, or the amount of exp given for any legendary or zenith monster should change. I'm just suggesting that the class titles should be eliminated to foster the growth of diversity in the game.

Thank you,
Aria
I like some of the regular and superior. I plan on having some when NPCs come.

Anyways, yes Smile You have provided a valid point. Thank you.
Kaveman's stamp of approval!
"For what is a man, what has he got. If not himself, then he has naught" - Frank Sinatra
[Image: 2ppzlnp.jpg]
I would really like to see this implemented. I get tired of having to train legends/zeniths in order to be competitive in pvp. It would be nice if stats were all about the same except for legends and ancients. Then we could have more variety and more strategies.

[Image: image]
The only classes there should be are : Starter, Every other monster, Legendary, and Ancient.

Legends become hard to find but the question to that is : Should zeniths be counted as every other monster or legendary?

(2011-12-08, 08:29 PM)Deidara Wrote: The only classes there should be are : Starter, Every other monster, Legendary, and Ancient.

Legends become hard to find but the question to that is : Should zeniths be counted as every other monster or legendary?
I think zeniths should just be collapsed into the legend class. They are counted as legends already anyways.

(2011-12-08, 08:31 PM)Uncle Lung Fish Wrote:
(2011-12-08, 08:29 PM)Deidara Wrote: The only classes there should be are : Starter, Every other monster, Legendary, and Ancient.

I think zeniths should just be collapsed into the legend class. They are counted as legends already anyways.
We have so many legends already, that would just cause an inflation of legends even more ;-; We already have 12-15 ancients and more to come.

Maybe leave a zenith class? Or, create a primary and secondary legend class. All the zeniths become secondary?

how about we take away zeniths? put them as other monsters
(2011-12-08, 08:37 PM)Dark.Zero Wrote: how about we take away zeniths? put them as other monsters
Sure why not, bring everything below legend/ancient up to zenith stats would be awesome.

I agree with dark.zero's idea. There shouldn't be an abundant amount of legendaries, it would make them more common than legendary. Zeniths should join the regulars, superiors, and emissaries. That would leave the number of legendaries untouched resulting in them being exactly what they are, legendary.

Update: I also like uncles idea of bringing up the other monsters to zenith type stats.
"For what is a man, what has he got. If not himself, then he has naught" - Frank Sinatra
Call zeniths super monsters or re-do their stats lol.

wouldn't take that time uncle? we should just make zeniths stats lower

ANOTHER alternative is to bring zeniths down to emissary and bring regulars and superiors up to emissary, since it's true that a well trained emissary can certainly beat a legendary. That way, all monsters, if trained correctly, could beat a legendary. That would normalize the game and certainly create diversity.

It's also not only redoing their stats, but taking the class designation away completely (except for legendaries).
I think that was my biggest worry, how to give superiors and regulars (of this class system) a chance to beat a legendary. But that is a great point, well trained emissaries can have immense power if trained right. So making Emissaries the class in which all classes drop/raise to would both equalize the playing field welcoming diversity as well as give a legendary a true fight.

Of course this would take time, but if it improves the game vastly it would be well worth the wait.

starter - emrissy - legend - ancient i think this is how it should be.
Starter - Emissary - Legendary - Ancient are the 4 classes.

Anything above starter and anything lower than legendary are emissary ;D

Now, just to get CeFurkan's approval.
so what would the exp of these other monsters be if they were to be called emissaries?
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
Could be anything ;D

I say raise legends to 9m, ancients are 10-11m, starters are 8m, emissaries are 5-8m

Keep the old zeniths as 8ms. They'll just be hard to train like Breloom and Makuhita in craft.

Thanks to all the zeniths and legends, people spam caught them which made the game easy and worthless.
but then dei its like changing nothing because people would get 8m+
I think what you're actually changing is the stigma against regulars, superiors, and emissaries.
You bring forth a common sense problem with a common sense solution.

You have my full support dei, I hope this goes someplace.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
i meant even if we leave the regulars,superiors, if they become emrissy, trainers would still get the 8m exp'd monsters which means that it didnt change anything
i wish the monsters exp could be more diverse like it was in pokemoncraft...people didn't care what exp amount the monster had at level 100. just as long as it had good stats...
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
(2011-12-08, 10:01 PM)Guider456 Wrote: i wish the monsters exp could be more diverse like it was in pokemoncraft...people didn't care what exp amount the monster had at level 100. just as long as it had good stats...
Yea Big Grin

yep guider, good times,
Yeah, I think what should be done is to minimize the gap between Regular/Superior and Emissary base stats. Notice I don't say eliminate, because then there's not a legitimate reason in keeping their current encounter rates, should those Mons be given too close of a base stat total. But if the base stats are adjusted and what were competitively useless Mons become viable in competitive play, they will be useful while maintaining a sense of rarity.

I also think this would be a good idea because it would create a new profitable market in the game's economy. Not as profitable as Emissary+ because of the encounter rates, but still worth selling.
[Image: GgcM.png]
I want the market the same as craft.. it was more sensible and less inflated =_=

A level 100 would be 2m+
A level 100 with full uvs would be like 7m+
A legendary would be like.. 3m+ ;-;

Good times.. Good times..

Personally, I'm not nearly so concerned about the economy as I am about PvP. The economy is a concern, but the uselessness of Regular/Superior takes the cake by far.
[Image: GgcM.png]
Hmm...maybe you guys could implement something which allows only the use of Monsters in a certain class when you are challenging someone for a PvP match? For example, there could be a question asking, "Which Monster class should be allowed in this match?" or something and then there could be a dropdown menu with all the Monster classes. You could use my tier system to define what Monsters would be allowed in each class. So, if you chose the Regular class in the dropdown menu, then only Monsters from the Regular and Starter classes would be allowed to be used in that battle. I think that would give players an incentive to use some of the Monsters which are not competitively viable in the current PvP system.
(2011-12-08, 11:08 PM)Lamb Wrote: Hmm...maybe you guys could implement something which allows only the use of Monsters in a certain class when you are challenging someone for a PvP match? For example, there could be a question asking, "Which Monster class should be allowed in this match?" or something and then there could be a dropdown menu with all the Monster classes. You could use my tier system to define what Monsters would be allowed in each class. So, if you chose the Regular class in the dropdown menu, then only Monsters from the Regular and Starter classes would be allowed to be used in that battle. I think that would give players an incentive to use some of the Monsters which are not competitively viable in the current PvP system.
If that person doesn't have the regular-superior classes, then that pvp match is a no go XD