Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Art event Suggestion
Hello everyone welcome to my first topic, my second will follow shortly.
Well I have been hearing off of various people that every one is looking for new artistic talented people who play the mmorpg, so then I came up with a fun new idea for a cistmass art event.
Event main Idea's is to draw your pokemon team or your favoriate pokemon's within monster mmorpg, all wearing cristmass hats/ reindears / pressents/ snowy back grounds and stuff, basicly makeing your team or your pokemon look the most cristmassy as possible.
I was thinking it might be a good Idea to give away a certain amount of gold or a limited edition cristmass pokemon to the winner, Also maybe the mods or gms and the know how behind the map codeing could maybe make a cristmass village, where a statue of the winner and there username could be seen for ever, so that they are always respected and looked up upon from the whole community.
ok first-use monster. not pokemon,Monster.that said,holiday events were suggested by snoozn,.but the limited time area/ art competition would be cool.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Okay thanks Smile
Wow and i just made a reindeer with christmas colors >.<
Cristmass?

try Christmas.

Now you got it.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
Nitz there is no reason for you to correct that everyone knows wat it is so dont try to make your self feel smart by correcting simple mistakes
[Image: 34fxtdy.jpg]
(2011-11-11, 11:02 PM)Snorlax47 Wrote: Nitz there is no reason for you to correct that everyone knows wat it is so dont try to make your self feel smart by correcting simple mistakes

LMAO
but anyways, we only have like a handful of willing artist.
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
(2011-11-11, 11:02 PM)Snorlax47 Wrote: Nitz there is no reason for you to correct that everyone knows wat it is so dont try to make your self feel smart by correcting simple mistakes
Unlike you Snoozn, I do not need to make others inferior to me to know I am better than them.

I am, by default, a certain level of awesomeness in certain areas. we all are.

my friend, your awesomeness lies in lesser trolling, which, anyone but a guilt troll or else someone like ghost would look at and say "wow, what the hay is bothering that pony!"
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
I'd never say pony!
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]
(2011-11-12, 12:16 AM)Nitz_X Wrote:
Unlike you Snoozn, I do not need to make others inferior to me to know I am better than them.

my friend, your awesomeness lies in lesser trolling, which, anyone but a guilt troll or else someone like ghost would look at and say "wow, what the hay is bothering that pony!"

that's not snoozn that's snorlax lol
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
(2011-11-12, 12:55 AM)Guider456 Wrote:
(2011-11-12, 12:16 AM)Nitz_X Wrote: lol

that's not snoozn that's snorlax lol

[Image: 34fxtdy.jpg]
hmm i get what your saying can be a competition I like it can really make game produce more monsters
[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
People could really just get a monster, go to photobucket, get a santa clause hat and place it on the monster <_<

Just erase some things, add some different things, and make it look different ._.
Wow, Nitz must hate me saying im trolling a thread I never posted in. Epic Win!!! +10pts

I would like to say this sounds like a fun idea, but to give away a limited edition monster would be to much. The only reason that is, it would be terrible unfair for people who can't draw. It is something you are doing outside of the game so we shouldn't be penalized for not being good at that. (If the price was able to be acquired outside of the art event it wouldn't bother me either.)

If it was something we would do in game like a tourny, then id be all over it like fat boy on cake. Since the comp. would be directly game related and we are all striving to be the best ever. (disclaimer, some people are waiting on npcs to join the race.)

(2011-11-13, 10:14 PM)Deidara Wrote: People could really just get a monster, go to photobucket, get a santa clause hat and place it on the monster <_<

Just erase some things, add some different things, and make it look different ._.
seems like sumthing you would do

Credits to SparrowHawk
y u double quote?
computer was lagging not my fault

Credits to SparrowHawk
(2011-11-14, 09:39 PM)Pein Wrote:
(2011-11-13, 10:14 PM)Deidara Wrote: People could really just get a monster, go to photobucket, get a santa clause hat and place it on the monster <_<

seems like sumthing you would do
How? I draw on paint (when bored) and used to gfx (when bored.)

I have no intention of editing things r.r I rather make my own.

sure you do

Credits to SparrowHawk
Sarahthedude has not logged on to review his threads.

What to do.. What to do..
tell that person to or else it'll be locked?
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
Right wow at the posts, and I'm a female, this is just a nickname, well maybe Cefurkan would perhaps consider holding an art contest of who could draw the best pokemon, and giving them a certain amount of gold, the same could be said for maybe people drawing some in game maps for the event of xmass, I'll call it this so I dont get people correcting my spellings or anyone makeing arguements on fourms about this.
Your here to support the idea to try and help the game find budding artists, I know that a 1mill gold tag as an award and a public voteing site for all images entered only accsessable to members of the game to vote and leave comments on would be a great thing for the game.
It would be nice to see a small reward offered just so people feel tempted to enter. The whole map idea would look nice aswell so they could be remenbered. It's kinda up to the mods / cerfukan or however you spell her name.
Shocked to see so meny comments in support for this idea, wish to thank everyone here for your imputs, we are getting closer to seeing this implemented, I say we, because this could benefit everyone.
Thanks Smile

Quick edit:

It would be nice to see who's in support of this, tell your friends, get them on monster mmorpg, tell the chat, we need a simple yes or no, I reckon if we get at least 20 yes's then cerfukan would seriously consider makeing this a reality, I will keep thinking of new events and ways I think could improve the game content that we have, It's pretty awsome, and we could really push to make this game that much more fun and enjoyable, its up to you the players to cast your vote, and tell your friends, yes or no? Smile

Thanks
Hmm support with slight reservations...put me down as a yes Tongue
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
i vote...
On the Fence
Id like to state, that I don't see how a contest would help the game find more artist. Yes people who can draw would be drawn to a contest to win something, but i don't see it as filling a position that is needed. If the reward of this contest was more specific, an artist position, then it would help the game out. As it is not, I am not following the train of thought. This idea as it stands could be a player held compition with a player donating the prize.

As in being more specific, a contest about who can draw sprites for example, would help find a sprite artist.

Also, its monsters!!! not pokemon, please use correct terminalogy.

I, Snoozn, do not support this idea as it stands as of now.

Things I would like to see.

What exactly is the idea? Please be precise and explain it better.

How does it help the game? Please give a full explanation and examples.

Why should it be game implemented instead of player driven?

Please explain the reward system you would like to see. Example, if its to find talent for the game, why should there be a reward? If its more for fun and not a staff posistion, explain your idea of a reward system. Several different examples could help if you are unsure.

The reason I ask these questions is because it seems like there is potential here. I just can not find out what exactly it is or how exactly it works.

Thank you,

Snoozn

Ok new post to confirm some of the questions asked, going to copy/paste it and fill in my replys.
Things I would like to see.

The idea is to implement xmass and all the joys of it into the monster mmorpg game, Also to help find talented drawers weather it is hand art, or photoshop art.

How does it help the game? Please give a full explanation and examples. It will help the game by makeing it feel more cristmassy and I am hopeing that it will also help to find more talented artists among the mmorpg players.

Right well as you know most player driven things do not tend to kick off well with out a small reward or just by word of mouth, Implemtening this into the game will help to find artists and if this event is spoken of in the chats often and maybe on the game home page and game page its self we will find allot of people I'm sure who would want to post there pics up, for people to vote on, the best votes win a little game gold, It would be nice to also see a comments section and a basic rateing system for each picture, eg. looks, neatness, accuracy, event appeal, story appeal.
I understand that it would be nice to also implement a story sub section into this, Other mmo's run similiar contests, eg gaia online. They have a all year dress up contest, theres is unfair and based on what you can afforde for your avatare, where as this would be a creative all year around event if people would want it to be. Not sure if I could use other mmos as examples, but I think it helps to explain things.
Please explain the reward system you would like to see. Example, if its to find talent for the game, why should there be a reward? If its more for fun and not a staff posistion, explain your idea of a reward system. Several different examples could help if you are unsure.

Well basicly the reward would go out to whoever has the most positive votes on there pitchure, I was thinking of say a 100,000 prize for first place, I would like cerfukan to comment about the prizes as well, I think for an all year running art contest maybe a second and third place would be nice.
Also I want a section where people can review and look back on previous winners pic's.

Like I said im not sure if those are goals that can be possible with the rewards, I know that allot of people would do this as we all like to be creative, and hopefully maybe some new monsters could be added to the game off of this event, the reward is something to attract the newer players or people who love art, as they would be viewable on the site, so they could always be remenbered for there moment of fame.

Thanks.
use the quote system and add tags next time.much easier to read.
(2011-11-15, 10:38 PM)Snoozn Wrote: Id like to state, that I don't see how a contest would help the game find more artist. Yes people who can draw would be drawn to a contest to win something, but i don't see it as filling a position that is needed. If the reward of this contest was more specific, an artist position, then it would help the game out. As it is not, I am not following the train of thought. This idea as it stands could be a player held compition with a player donating the prize.

Yes, I agree with Snoozn here.

Quote:As in being more specific, a contest about who can draw sprites for example, would help find a sprite artist.
We really need a sprite artist and we should have CeFurkan hold a contest for it. Whoever wins gets the position and if they do a really good job, they get splendid rewards for their efforts.

Quote:Also, its monsters!!! not pokemon, please use correct terminalogy.
Once again, lolling.

Quote:I, Snoozn, do not support this idea as it stands as of now.
Agreed.

Quote:Things I would like to see.

How does it help the game? Please give a full explanation and examples.

These questions need explicit answers and quite detailed with facts and statistics.

Quote:Please explain the reward system you would like to see. Example, if its to find talent for the game, why should there be a reward? If its more for fun and not a staff posistion, explain your idea of a reward system. Several different examples could help if you are unsure.
Even though this isn't directed towards me, I would like to give my idea of the reward system. Well, it was partially stated above already in this post.

Quote:The reason I ask these questions is because it seems like there is potential here. I just can not find out what exactly it is or how exactly it works.

Thank you,

Snoozn

Meh.