Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art thievery - Crobbywobby
Bug 
Earlier today a user named Crobbywobby created a thread showcasing "his" artwork. He claimed that he had drawn the artwork and that he was going to try to get the drawings added to the game. 

It turns out that the artwork was not his at all, and he had in fact stolen it from multiple artists across the internet.

Once confronted, he apologized in chat. He was told by multiple CMs to create a thread apologizing to the community but refused. And this is why this thread was created.

Below are screenshots of his "art" thread (which was taken down), along with links to the actual artwork which was stolen and some chat screenshots. I've cropped and resized some of the screenshots so they don't take up too much space.

[Image: screen_shot_2013_07_14_at_7_00_18_pm_by_...6dhwlg.png]
[Image: screen_shot_2013_07_14_at_7_00_22_pm_by_...6dhwlk.png]
[Image: screen_shot_2013_07_14_at_7_00_32_pm_by_...6dhwn2.png]
[Image: screen_shot_2013_07_14_at_7_00_35_pm_by_...6dhwni.png]
[Image: screen_shot_2013_07_14_at_7_00_38_pm_by_...6dhwo4.png]
[Image: screen_shot_2013_07_14_at_7_00_41_pm_by_...6dhwox.png] [Image: screen_shot_2013_07_14_at_7_01_01_pm_by_...6dhwpk.png]

[Image: screen_shot_2013_07_14_at_7_07_30_pm_by_...6dhvfq.png]
[Image: screen_shot_2013_07_14_at_7_09_32_pm_by_...6dhvat.png]
[Image: screen_shot_2013_07_14_at_7_11_20_pm_by_...6dhwgr.png]

And now for the actual artists. Click the image to be taken to the page. 

[Image: mewthree__by_kurostar-d5d3s8y.png]
[Image: 021percent25.png]
All the way to the fire cat (below) is from the same artist. 
[Image: 006percent25-1.png]

and finally
  [Image: fakemon_10___poison_snake_by_alouf_art-d3fbxv4.jpg]
scuttle scuttle
Pff, this is outrageous.
Not only is this copy infringement towars the artists that made the actual art, but than the lame excuses and not even overthinking the consequenses this might have for the game..

*Yay, I get credit for something, finally recognition*
To than make a 180° turn because you get caught. Honesty gets you further in life.
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.
For issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

[Image: Gavel-Outside-w.jpg]
why would crobby do this? >.>
(2013-07-15, 01:53 AM)Viperianw Wrote: why would crobby do this? >.>

I could give you an answer or at least my opinion about that
But I think that a) people might ask me to delete that comment or b) crobby would have to admit, again, that he was wrong about something.

So I'll keep it for myself
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.

Surprised + ashamed Sad
[Image: GildartzSigfinished.png]
Be Blinded By My Prowess
It's pretty sad that someone would, not only do this, but then try to escape the consequences for their actions.

I hope this serves as a reminder and a warning to anyone considering doing something like this.

If you steal art you will be caught and you will have to deal with it. Every time. No exceptions.
"If you don't like your destiny, don't accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be"
You should all know that this isn't the first time art has been stolen in this community.
Next time, there will be no warnings.

We are all tired of it.

Think before you act guys. This isn't a good look and we don't need it here in this friendly community.
Bad idea. I was really hoping those monsters would be added into the game too...Angry
[Image: 11jozyq.jpg]
this is a very bad thing he did stealing art and then not willing to apologize
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
this is bad bud pictures are nice he should apologize
Should have easily been identified. All those different art styles picked up in a short amount of time, all sent in at once not one at a time as released. I've caught tons of fake art in this forum and this should have been one of them. Need to keep an eye out.
Your life just got better. 

You're welcome.

[Image: k29ed.jpg]

Cause i can , Bro. This was all a pretense for me to leave the game.
Now i have a reason to be ashamed and leave the game , it would suck to leave it without a reason. Otherwise i have school as a reason , nvm.
Hahahahah Big Grin
This is the signature of Crobbywobby. Nothing more to say.
(2013-07-15, 11:45 AM)Crobbywobby Wrote:

Now i have a reason to be ashamed and leave the game , it would suck to leave it without a reason. Otherwise i have school as a reason , nvm.
Hahahahah Big Grin

You are a liar and a bad one..
You thought you would not get caught because the artists were 'inactive'.
It saddens me that you still try to act tough yet innocent after all the evidence

Thanks man Smile That means something to me.
I dont care what anyone of you say , i always got yelled at because i got in trouble cause of a little freakin stuffi did.
I am fed up. I dont like anyone of you guys except my good friends in here , i dont care if you like or hate me either.
Have a nice day , and good luck in this game.

And i dont even care if this post gets deleted cause of what I wrote
Orbo edit
Even that is a lie..
But it is ok crobby, have a nice lie living the tale of "the boy who cried wolf".
I wish you all the best. Or whatever karma has to offer

omg he did it again lol
[Image: attachment.php?aid=446]
very true i am really gonna hate him now
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
This thread was made to expose a thief and give credit to the ACTUAL artists, not to harass Crobby.

Keep it clean, people.

(2013-07-15, 08:03 AM)Ghost Wrote: Should have easily been identified. All those different art styles picked up in a short amount of time, all sent in at once not one at a time as released. I've caught tons of fake art in this forum and this should have been one of them. Need to keep an eye out.

Also, it was identified right away. As in, right after he posted the thread.
scuttle scuttle
They can harass and make me bad , i wont care hahahaha Big Grin Its their choice. Not mine . I did bad things , and i cant change it. But i wanted to do it. Not as always.

(2013-07-15, 12:40 PM)uchiha clan Wrote: Wow, seems legit crobby, as cpt said nice lie,

(2013-07-15, 11:45 AM)Crobbywobby Wrote:

Hahahahah Big Grin

Then. Why did you train all those monsters and worked for those nc? ._.

I have to quit , there is no way around it. It wasnt my choice and i thought i could make an epic / departure.
This is nowhere near "epic". Sad
crobby please maybe you dont get it and think we are dumb or whatever, but many peole here are a little older and simply know whats going on.. Noone buys your story of wanting to leave "because of school" and wanting to make an "epic" departure.. With each "cool" reply you give, you just show that you didnt wanted to leave (or why have you returned to comment), it just shows that you are too stubborn(i cant use any other word here) to recognize that you have done wrong (and an especially silly one aswell). I hope you return here in a few years and shame yourself to death about your posts. But I think the main problem with you is that you simply dont recognize why its bad to steal other peoples work and pretend its yours.. :/
(2013-07-15, 03:33 PM)ShadowAce Wrote: crobby please maybe you dont get it and think we are dumb or whatever, but many peole here are a little older and simply know whats going on.. Noone buys your story of wanting to leave "because of school" and wanting to make an "epic" departure.. With each "cool" reply you give, you just show that you didnt wanted to leave (or why have you returned to comment), it just shows that you are too stubborn(i cant use any other word here) to recognize that you have done wrong (and an especially silly one aswell). I hope you return here in a few years and shame yourself to death about your posts. But I think the main problem with you is that you simply dont recognize why its bad to steal other peoples work and pretend its yours..(" i always got kicked-ass because i got in trouble cause of a little freakin shit i did.")   :/

Now that there is epic.
Very nicely said, Shadow. 100% correct right on the money spot on. Could have done without quoting the swearing though.
scuttle scuttle
Cleaned up the thread, Crobby is getting a ban for this, and I thank Cinn for reporting this. Your hard work's gonna be rewarded Cinn.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
Crobbywobby banned for 3 days from the game because of swearing and art faking

pm me once your ban expires Crobbywobby