Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My idea for ancients is the hardest challenge this game has to offer. Of course, their catch rates are extremely low and extremely difficult.

Alright, the ancient monsters have their own little island. It could be a cave, all grass, or anything. Once reached, you cannot fly to the island. The island is only reachable by Hyper Surf. If you faint in the island, you are sent back to the last monster center (of course).

The ancient monsters can be in a sealed area where you need a key. So, a key would be the item to use to gain access to them. This will only go with caves and stuff.

No legendary or zenith monsters can be found.

Requirements for it would be :
A huge quest (if quests are added).
All Ancient Gems from the 1st region.
A special item that is extremely difficult to find.

Depending on how much we get in the game, like more regions and more monsters, this suggestion could change. I'm not sure if making the appearing monsters not catchable. The only catchable ones are the ancients :/ That would be if the wild monsters were fully evolved at level 70, insanely strong.

Now, questions - improvements can be posted Smile
since i semi helped develop this, i support it.
also,no critiques come to mind just yet.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
I actually want at least 2 ancients for 1 region. The first region is quite congested, so to speak. Too many zeniths and legends Tongue

where would the island be placed at? in the middle of nowhere? or near 1 of the pidgeon islands?
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
In the middle of no where is fine Smile

Harder the challenge the better.
have like four maps of sea/ocean tiles with nothing there until you reach the map just jutting off the edge of the world map.
hmm i was thinking that the ancients should be on the list of catchable monsters and instead can be found anytime anywhere unexpected
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
(2011-11-28, 10:31 PM)orboknown Wrote: have like four maps of sea/ocean tiles with nothing there until you reach the map just jutting off the edge of the world map.
Yush '-'

(2011-11-28, 10:32 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote: hmm i was thinking that the ancients should be on the list of catchable monsters and instead can be found anytime anywhere unexpected
that would take out the actual searching for them.
also,way to rip off the legendary dogs findability idea from GSC.-.
ce furkan said ancients can only be got by donating.
just so u know i'm pj146 Smile

he has also notified some of us that they shall be catchable.
hush when you know not the truth!
(2011-11-28, 10:34 PM)orboknown Wrote:
(2011-11-28, 10:32 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote: hmm i was thinking that the ancients should be on the list of catchable monsters and instead can be found anytime anywhere unexpected
huh ?
(2011-11-28, 10:38 PM)pj1357 Wrote: ce furkan said ancients can only be got by donating.
They are going to be more rare than what legends are. Way more rare. Like.. 1/10,000 rare '-'
i propose something to add to this have a couple of ancients in cave with 4 entrances(1 being which you came out from) and as soon as you enter the cave the entrance goes under lock and key. you have to find certain keys that are very hard to find, a key leading to the next door, or drops as soon as you catch an ancient the first time. When you first arrive in the cave an ancient could be in the middle of the room(or just everywhere in the room). As soon as you catch it you find a key that opens a door which leads to a maze of the next ancient(the doors in the cave, also it won't be the same key,it'll be randomly). As soon as you get to the next ancient the pattern continues. When you catch all 4 ancients in the cave,you can leave there and go to the next part of the island: a huge forest,i will add my suggestion about that if we have more then 4 ancients added to the game at once.
(2011-11-28, 10:41 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote:

huh ?
entei/raiku/suicine randomly showed up at maps.that was what you got the idea from(presumably)

(2011-11-28, 10:42 PM)Guider456 Wrote: i propose something to add to this have a couple of ancients in cave with 4 entrances(1 being which you came out from) and as soon as you enter the cave the entrance goes under lock and key. you have to find certain keys that are very hard to find, a key leading to the next door, or drops as soon as you catch an ancient the first time. When you first arrive in the cave an ancient could be in the middle of the room(or just everywhere in the room). As soon as you catch it you find a key that opens a door which leads to a maze of the next ancient(the doors in the cave, also it won't be the same key,it'll be randomly). As soon as you get to the next ancient the pattern continues. When you catch all 4 ancients in the cave,you can leave there and go to the next part of the island: a huge forest,i will add my suggestion about that if we have 4 more then 4 ancients added to the game at once.
not bad.

It could be an epically, annoying cave like Turnback Cave in pokemon =_=

That would drive me crazy.

You would know if you were in the ancient's map if there was like.. a giant crystal in the middle of the room.

(2011-11-28, 10:44 PM)orboknown Wrote:

huh ?
entei/raiku/suicine randomly showed up at maps.that was what you got the idea from(presumably)

(2011-11-28, 10:42 PM)Guider456 Wrote: i propose something to add to this have a couple of ancients in cave with 4 entrances(1 being which you came out from) and as soon as you enter the cave the entrance goes under lock and key. you have to find certain keys that are very hard to find, a key leading to the next door, or drops as soon as you catch an ancient the first time. When you first arrive in the cave an ancient could be in the middle of the room(or just everywhere in the room). As soon as you catch it you find a key that opens a door which leads to a maze of the next ancient(the doors in the cave, also it won't be the same key,it'll be randomly). As soon as you get to the next ancient the pattern continues. When you catch all 4 ancients in the cave,you can leave there and go to the next part of the island: a huge forest,i will add my suggestion about that if we have 4 more then 4 ancients added to the game at once.
not bad.
i didnt play craft but for like 1-2 hours
yeah that could work too i guess lol...
(2011-11-28, 10:48 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote:

huh ?

not bad.
ya didnt have to play craft.-.
it was in the GBA games.

(2011-11-28, 10:50 PM)orboknown Wrote:
(2011-11-28, 10:34 PM)orboknown Wrote: that would take out the actual searching for them.

huh ?

not bad.
it was in the GBA games.
ive only played battle revolution, Colosseum,diamon,and pearl
but how about make the color of the crystal match with the ancient's main color?
(2011-11-28, 10:51 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote:
(2011-11-28, 10:41 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote: huh ?

not bad.

it was in the GBA games.

(2011-11-28, 10:51 PM)Guider456 Wrote: but how about make the color of the crystal match with the ancient's main color?

(2011-11-28, 10:51 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote:
(2011-11-28, 10:41 PM)zacherymatthews Wrote: huh ?

not bad.

it was in the GBA games.

then i retract my statement.
(2011-11-28, 10:51 PM)Guider456 Wrote: but how about make the color of the crystal match with the ancient's main color?
that works well.

i think the ancients levels should be like 75 or 80 even that way itd make it even harder to defeat.
most people have 100s tho guider.
yes but these are ancients ANCIENTS they're stat power would be like 80% more then they would be caught. they could be strong enough to kill a couple of 100s if not defeated carefully.
i agree with guider
What if an ancient wiped out a level 100 in 2 hits or 1? o-o

Also, yes. I wanted the crystal to match their main color.
(2011-11-28, 10:58 PM)Guider456 Wrote: yes but these are ancients ANCIENTS they're stat power would be like 80% more then they would be caught. they could be strong enough to kill a couple of 100s if not defeated carefully.
true.however,perfectly tp trained monsters would hang in there with them.
You should bring a wall with you. If only we had something like Regice or Blissey XD

lamb can come up with a suitable wall im sure.
or guider.
or we could ressurect gboss old "useful thingamabobbers thread"