Poll: which do you think is better?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
in-game guide
90.00%
a type-written manual
10.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Information 
many people these days keep on asking questions like
"wheres can i heal monsters??"
"where to buy pots/monster boxes?"
"where can i change my team monsters?"
"how can i go to other places quickly?"
etc. etc.,,
the point is sometimes it is DISTURBING
people these days dont really pay attention to the training vids..

i suggest that we put an in-game tutorial..
where they'll start in palladium town, and on the side there's a guide Big Grin
so that will help them to know about the game's about in a quick and simple way instead of watching the youtube video. (since they are lazy)

if its imposible to do that,
we can make a newbie manual where new players can read it
and skip upto the chapter they need to know... Rolleyes
well put all about the natures, abilities, tps, uvs, etc etc.

hopefully this suggestion can be made so it will not make newbies ask anymore
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
well there is various guides around the forums...but putting it all together would be nice...and I already made a thread for that...let me update it since it has been awhile...thanks fj Tongue
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
Sleepy Good idea but Quanto already had it. Since it is kinda old it was a good idea to make this thread i rate this 4 Dodgy .

Sleepy Good idea but Quanto already had it. Since it is kinda old it was a good idea to make this thread i rate this 4 Dodgy .
I didnt have an idea to make a in-game guide...but I did create a thread quite a few months ago with a list of useful threads...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
Well don't you think considering these people are too "lazy" to watch a video they'd probably be a bit too lazy to read the guide instead?
[Image: tumblr_m8mm02adYC1qgqflko1_500.gif]
(2012-04-13, 02:34 AM)Amaterasu Wrote: Well don't you think considering these people are too "lazy" to watch a video they'd probably be a bit too lazy to read the guide instead?
but, if its a guide, it will be easier to go to what you want to know
instead of watching the vid (it will take a while for the vid to load since it is 45minutes) Sleepy
mmm.. maybe it's an idea to let people start in palludium town in front of the mc.... when you do this, you can eliminate the question : ''where do i heal my monsters?''
[Image: 33bo7zc.png]
My sprite
Actualy needs black bg
^Yes but in the new maps we will be Smile
Constantly dying yet never dead
i think in game guides better
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
I've had a suggestion where there are helpful NPCs that are not for battle. They give a random good tip depending on where they are.

So in the beginner area, they will give helpful tips that are best fitting for beginners.
(2012-04-14, 04:46 AM)Kamidara Wrote: I've had a suggestion where there are helpful NPCs that are not for battle. They give a random good tip depending on where they are.

So in the beginner area, they will give helpful tips that are best fitting for beginners.
yea, that will be good Big Grin
(2012-04-14, 04:46 AM)Kamidara Wrote: I've had a suggestion where there are helpful NPCs that are not for battle. They give a random good tip depending on where they are.

I remember that one..If ever I didn't ShoePort it yet then add me.
Dodgy whatever. *pukes* there goes...in game guides are better.
[Image: 4ab640cb58ed8813afd342449a09e628.jpg]
 3DS FC: 0103-9714-7767
 Name: Dexter
 Friend Safari: Electric

Well this is a required action. At new design i am planning some features as a in game tutorial.
*double fist pump*
(2012-04-15, 09:49 AM)CeFurkan Wrote: Well this is a required action. At new design i am planning some features as a in game tutorial.
me and the other mod's could get on this if you wanted Cefurkan, we could get on something , maybe instead of one long video we could break it into manageable parts and put hose in the tutorial page with it, if people still don't watch them, we could draw up like a forum / word document for the things that every new person will need to know to get to know the game better, move all the old guides and make one brand new guide using all the old parts
You dare Challenge ME ?

I'm just now starting, and a little bit of in-game info would be *amazing* but if nothing else, a comprehensive newbie guide with information would be just as useful Smile
Bump..
i support the idea of ingame tutorial.

that way we will appeal to the "lazy, casual" demographic
[Image: 501b5ca62c27bjpg.png]

...this was made 3 months ago was it ? Lol
There should be an NPC standing at Starfall Town that will teach the newbies... Most players come and leave on the first day because they don't understand and they won't talk in chat :/
NPC tutor which will have a speech bubble that teaches:
  • Monster Center
  • Monster Market
  • Battling
Just my opinion Big Grin
wow. someone finally saw this thread
Well CeFurkan already went here and commented and somehow approved. You should feel great about that Big Grin
Big Grin yay! trolololol xD
BUMP... this thread is really needed..
if no mod is going to take action... then, I may try to make 1
We will also need to make tutorials for other languages, I might be able to only do a visual one for the spanish speakers, also when people sign up. It would be nice that the welcome message, should have links to tutorials specifically for them, the downside on that is, that it will not be linking to their main language.
.: If The Sky Is Blue... Then I'm A Muffin :.
[Image: stromeleon_sig_01_by_gmc_aniki-d6bgozd.png]
.:My Alt Accounts:.
STROMELEON|DIMAGEM|JAGHOUL|SERPEROR
But I Do Not Play Anymore
Hi. I am new to the game.  On the subject to tutorials, I prefer in written guides on the forums. I don't really have the time to go watching tutorials. Not to mention I can read a written guide faster then any video and I remember things better. Not to mention I can go back and reread exactly what I need to using the search function rather then trying to find that info in a video.
i like both written tutorials as well as a video tutorial but in my opinion a video tutorial always needs a voice that is explaining what you see. That's why i can't stand to watch the actual tutorial video because the music is really distracting and makes the video really fast really boring. It is no offence, just my opinion.
somebody bumped this..
Maybe a feature could be a pop up explanation from all the signs we have in game??

Because we have a lot of signs Big Grin
Maybe walk up to the sign, press "spacebar" and it gives a random tip on gameplay?