Post Reply  Subscribed Users 0
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
attractive player and priority
swjfire Offline
Monster Fighter
***

Posts: 139
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0 in 0 posts
Joined: Jul 2012
Post: #1
attractive player and priority
for example in a situation where you are at a map with 2 monsters(one regular and one legend), and the regular has 50% encounter chance while the legend has 0.2% chance.

does using the attractive player make it so that its 100% encounter chance with regular while legend is 0.4% ?

and does that mean that we will not find any legends because we will 100% encounter the regular ?
[Image: 501b5ca62c27bjpg.png]
08-14-2012 08:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Ramza_X Offline
Monster Expert
****

Posts: 664
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 4 in 2 posts
Joined: May 2012
Post: #2
RE: attractive player and priority
...? What the heck are you talking about? If you add all the encounter rate, it should be exactly 100%, no more, no less.
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
08-14-2012 09:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
swjfire Offline
Monster Fighter
***

Posts: 139
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0 in 0 posts
Joined: Jul 2012
Post: #3
RE: attractive player and priority
ah maybe im not clear enough..

but its ok, i have tested it at acacia island with quality net and attractive player.

according to the map info, under quality net you can catch 2 monsters.

bottin appear chance: 65%

glaucea appear chance: 35%

so lets say attractive player really doubles the appear chance..

bottin appear chance will be 130% thus appearing 100% of the time.

glaucea appear chance will be 70% but will not appear because bottin will be appearing 100% of the time.

i have tested this, and found out that glaucea still appears.

so can i say that bottin will always appear until the 70% chance is triggered and then glaucea appear ?

im just interested in the formula as it might have a negative effect on maps with zenith/legends.
[Image: 501b5ca62c27bjpg.png]
08-14-2012 09:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Ramza_X Offline
Monster Expert
****

Posts: 664
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 4 in 2 posts
Joined: May 2012
Post: #4
RE: attractive player and priority
this has been argued before...

the use of attractive player is not to increase the rarity of monsters, but rather the encounter rate of the monsters.

Meaning, you encounter them more often, but they appear at the same appearance rate.

Let's go with your example:

bottin appear chance: 65%

glaucea appear chance: 35%

You meet them more often, but you still have a 65% chance of meeting a bottin, and a 35% chance of meeting a glaucea, even if you use attractive player
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
08-14-2012 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
swjfire Offline
Monster Fighter
***

Posts: 139
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0 in 0 posts
Joined: Jul 2012
Post: #5
RE: attractive player and priority
i see..

well i noticed that you have 100% chance of encountering a monster using attractive player compared to normally, where you have chances of not encountering monsters at all.

so base on this assumption, can i say that using an attractive player removes the chance of you not encountering a monster (in the situation where you should normally "miss", the game coding re-rolls the chances until you get a monster) ?

sorry, i know im being annoying but im just really curious about this.. :/
[Image: 501b5ca62c27bjpg.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2012 09:47 PM by swjfire.)
08-14-2012 09:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Ramza_X Offline
Monster Expert
****

Posts: 664
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 4 in 2 posts
Joined: May 2012
Post: #6
RE: attractive player and priority
That's right. Let's try visualizing, shall we?

When you walk in to the grass, there are two possibilities:

- You encounter a monster
- You do not encounter any monster

Let's make use of a coin. If it is heads, you encounter a monster. If tails, you don't.

If you use a attractive player, it ALWAYS become heads. SO you ALWAYS encounter a monster.

Now, do you see how attractive player works? You may notice that only the monster's chance of encountering is altered, but not the appearance rate.
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
08-14-2012 10:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
swjfire Offline
Monster Fighter
***

Posts: 139
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0 in 0 posts
Joined: Jul 2012
Post: #7
RE: attractive player and priority
yes, it makes sense now.

thanks Smile
[Image: 501b5ca62c27bjpg.png]
08-14-2012 10:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
zacherymatthews Away
Extreme Donator
******
Extreme Donator

Posts: 2,197
Thanks Given: 48
Thanks Received: 32 in 27 posts
Joined: Aug 2011
Post: #8
RE: attractive player and priority
(08-14-2012 09:16 PM)swjfire Wrote:  ah maybe im not clear enough..

but its ok, i have tested it at acacia island with quality net and attractive player.

according to the map info, under quality net you can catch 2 monsters.

bottin appear chance: 65%

glaucea appear chance: 35%

so lets say attractive player really doubles the appear chance..

bottin appear chance will be 130% thus appearing 100% of the time.

glaucea appear chance will be 70% but will not appear because bottin will be appearing 100% of the time.

i have tested this, and found out that glaucea still appears.

so can i say that bottin will always appear until the 70% chance is triggered and then glaucea appear ?

im just interested in the formula as it might have a negative effect on maps with zenith/legends.
technically if you use attractive player it doubles everything including the 100% chance thing,which really attractive player is useless
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
08-15-2012 12:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Dynaris Offline
Monster Owner
**

Posts: 38
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0 in 0 posts
Joined: Jun 2012
Post: #9
RE: attractive player and priority
What confuse u is just simple math.
Attractive player just raises the encounter rate of every monster in that map, so the relative ratio between monsters won't change, but the likelihood of finding each monster rises.
For instance, 50% finding A, 50% finding B, after using, still 50:50, but u may find one monster in just one step instead of 3 steps.
08-15-2012 03:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Subscribed Users 0


Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Slow

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)