Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whine on Game Difficulty . . .
With all the complains and the whining in the chat being the game so hard specially for beginners, i suggest to make the level, appearance rate of monsters and everything as is as in v1 up to the 5th zone or so. Or at least make the difficulty gradual per zone. I think that will give beginners a chance to strengthen so that they can cope up to harder zones.
5th zone? i think to much...how about up to about mid 3rd zone ? that way 3rd zone gym is easy,but everything after that is harder
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
yeah zach, that is why is said "or so . . ." but don't you think it will be nicer if cefurkan made everything gradual?
true..but i LOVE it bein hard, maybe just 1-4 zone easy, 4-8 medium, 8-12 hard, and 12-16 slightly harder, and 17-19 really hard
yeah zm, that's what i meant . . .
well, i don't mind at all, i'm back for sure!
[Image: GildartzSigfinished.png]
Be Blinded By My Prowess
make it challenging. a lot of what drove people away was that it got to be too easy.
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
I dont like whining but this is why I do. The fact that my team is higher and I use type advantage but this happens  He is weak against dragon type 200% and thats what i use but it is no use >

[Image: ZDIL1rW.png]
[Image: mFSgoeI.png]
[Image: 8IzW2LO.png]
[Image: m9vE6qR.jpg]

He continues to gain health and destroy my monsters in 2-3 turns
Signature Shop
The problem is that new members want to get further into the map fast, but they forget to train their monsters, i have yet to go further into the normal area and go to zone 2. I would say not to give too many zenith or legends to the arena leaders, specially if they have moves that can heal a lot, since the arena leaders MPs cannot go down. The MP count not goin down means that the AI can use a damage move that heals all the time. One person had this problem in an arena and I think he said it was the last NPC to get to an arena leader. And he had 3 Lv.100 monsters and TP trained.

The only thing I would say is, make the monsters MP count go down on NPCs and in the arenas.

-EDIT-
Like the above of me example.
.: If The Sky Is Blue... Then I'm A Muffin :.
[Image: stromeleon_sig_01_by_gmc_aniki-d6bgozd.png]
.:My Alt Accounts:.
STROMELEON|DIMAGEM|JAGHOUL|SERPEROR
But I Do Not Play Anymore
Anything about the challenge level of this game should've been mentioned earlier. We had like several discussions DX

Also, it's quite hard because not many users are accustomed to the changes, even after test server. Test server still changed quite a lot.
I'm not used to the move pools, move sets, or bla bla. I'm just going through with a broom and sweeping away the things that stand in my way D:<

And also, we have the ability to check out our opponent's details. What's the deal with monster abilities??? Can someone explain that to me, please? I know what they are, I know what they do, I just don't know how they're set up now.

My opinion : I don't have strong monsters but I don't have a problem with how the game is now. I can't just totally wing everything either and be totally reliant on my monsters. I can always go the market, buy some items, and use them in battle Wink and WIN.
For those that are concerned:
I am writing up a guide right now to address this difficulty so...it can hopefully be a "fix" for those that find the game too difficult.

But yeah I agree.  It should be a bit more friendly in the beginning.

Here's the link to its guide in its current form:
https://forum.monstermmorpg.com/Thread-B...Game-Guide

@SparrowHawk, from my understanding, (and statistical probability), any monster that existed before the update gets the default abilities, which could be different than one the monsters abilities originally were. New monsters as well as monsters from NPC's abilities are randomly chosen from a pool of abilities.
OK guys, i really don't know how hard it is for beginners to cope up with the current game difficulty and i don't wanna try it. We don't want new players just to register. We want them to stay for years like most of us. More players means more chances of good trades on our part, and more possibility for donations. But if they will be overwhelmed from the start and find the game too hard to level up, for sure, they will leave instantly. But if we make newbies enjoy the game at first and the difficulty will be gradual, they might love the game once they reach the hard level and just strive hard to conquer the game.

Let's us help monster community grow. Advertise/promote the games to our friends. But making the game beginner friendly should be taken into consideration on CEFURKAN's part.
Yeah I like the idea of a gradual increase in strength of npcs, maybe limit npcs to emissaries/occasional zenith and build up from the first few zones
it wouldnt b any fun if u can speed through the game, i kinda like it this difficult although it could b a little bit easier, guess i needa train more.
(2013-02-08, 01:06 AM)TheGreatThinker Wrote: it wouldnt b any fun if u can speed through the game, i kinda like it this difficult although it could b a little bit easier, guess i needa train more.
Has anyone mentioned anything about speeding in the game? Even in v1, no 1 can just speed through the game, unless some1 lend them gold and high lvl monsters.
At least Zone 1 is dealt with x.x First 9 maps in Zone 2 is without Ancients/Legends I think.

Maybe Zone 2 abolished of Ancients?? Even though I did beat ancients :3 But yea, I can imagine playing this on my other account (level 10 starter but lvl 50 mons) and struggling a little bit.
(2013-02-08, 01:12 AM)SparrowHawk Wrote: At least Zone 1 is dealt with x.x First 9 maps in Zone 2 is without Ancients/Legends I think.

Maybe Zone 2 abolished of Ancients?? Even though I did beat ancients :3 But yea, I can imagine playing this on my other account (level 10 starter but lvl 50 mons) and struggling a little bit.
You will encounter alot of npcs with legends/ancient in zone 2. It's not that easy. I used alot of perfect potions and perfect revives just to surpass them. Well, that is bec. i used my trembling terragon to lvl it up. And I don't think newbies can handle them on their own.
It's an extremely difficult game sure, but I do love it, with the right guide/walkthrough it will be fine Smile
Ok, so it's a bit difficult on occasion, but would you guys ACTUALLY like it to be easy? 
I've seen new guys come online and (not always of course) get the hang of it quickly.
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.
For issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.

[Image: Gavel-Outside-w.jpg]
i can always tune the game difficulty but there isnt enough feedback

i already made pretty easy first zones
it'd be better if the zones corresponded to the monster types
its good enough the way it is
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
I only saw three other players during my journey from zone 4 to 18.
That doesn't seem good enough. If most players cannot get past the first ones, then something needs to be done about it. But I wouldn't know what, since I wasn't one of the players who had problems in those zones.
There will always be whiners, but you need to learn how to play the game by asking around and learning yourself.
In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems.

also,people who get to zone 19 usually chill at starfall
(2013-04-13, 03:21 PM)Cpt. Obvious Wrote: There will always be whiners, but you need to learn how to play the game by asking around and learning yourself.

That's bad game design, though.
There's plenty of games to choose from, more than anyone can play in a lifetime. If the first impressions are bad, it is unreasonable to expect anyone to stick around.
It's even worse game design to have an easy-to-complete game
I was searching this forum pretty long to find a topic about difficulty and was pretty confused that I couldnt find any (as In my opinion the game is extremely inbalanced right now)... And then I opened this one and what do I see? People whining because its "too hard??"?
Maybe It was already made easier in the meantime, but atm its far too easy.. I haven't lost any trainerbattle, I only lost twice against monster (once trying to catch it till everyone fainted and once I used the "end battle" button as I wanted to see what happens). Furthermore I wasnt training in the grass at all, always fleeing.. the trainerbattles simply gave me 3-5 lvl ups each time and i fight against enemys lvl 25 with lvl 50-60 monsters... I have earned about 1.5 million gold (and used it for ultimate boxes) etc etc.. May be it will become more difficult later on (I am at zone 3 currently) but right now its far too easy. A legendary monster f.e. (that i catched with a ultimate box) gave me 180k gold... I think those 350-400%xp and gold bonuses should be removed.. maybe even decreased.. As in my opinion a MMORPG should be about batlling by pvp and not just npcs. And currently you get far too much xp from npcs.
Maybe the reason for people quitting is that the game beginning is too easy? (And abit offtopic but still - I think there should be more evolutions and stronger ones.. all the strong monsters have no evolutions and the ones who have are too weak to care about)..
(2013-07-07, 11:03 AM)ShadowAce Wrote: I was searching this forum pretty long to find a topic about difficulty and was pretty confused that I couldnt find any (as In my opinion the game is extremely inbalanced right now)... And then I opened this one and what do I see? People whining because its "too hard??"?
Maybe It was already made easier in the meantime, but atm its far too easy.. I haven't lost any trainerbattle, I only lost twice against monster (once trying to catch it till everyone fainted and once I used the "end battle" button as I wanted to see what happens). Furthermore I wasnt training in the grass at all, always fleeing.. the trainerbattles simply gave me 3-5 lvl ups each time and i fight against enemys lvl 25 with lvl 50-60 monsters... I have earned about 1.5 million gold (and used it for ultimate boxes) etc etc.. May be it will become more difficult later on (I am at zone 3 currently) but right now its far too easy. A legendary monster f.e. (that i catched with a ultimate box) gave me 180k gold... I think those 350-400%xp and gold bonuses should be removed.. maybe even decreased.. As in my opinion a MMORPG should be about batlling by pvp and not just npcs. And currently you get far too much xp from npcs.
Maybe the reason for people quitting is that the game beginning is too easy? (And abit offtopic but still - I think there should be more evolutions and stronger ones.. all the strong monsters have no evolutions and the ones who have are too weak to care about)..

it starts becoming really hard after 14 th zone Smile
(2013-07-07, 11:03 AM)ShadowAce Wrote: I was searching this forum pretty long to find a topic about difficulty and was pretty confused that I couldnt find any (as In my opinion the game is extremely inbalanced right now)... And then I opened this one and what do I see? People whining because its "too hard??"?

I think this:
We'll see.. There are a lot of trainers who start of saying it's easy, but like CeFurkan says: Zone 14. That's when the complaints start