Poll: Good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
88.89%
no
11.11%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie trainers.
Most newbies do not read the forums, the videos are too long, they just ask the cm's. cm's have a lot on their plate already and really do not need to worry about teaching the new people the ropes. Some volunteers should help teach the new ones what they need to be the best they can be. I am willing to help start this program and it is just an idea. Sort of like freshmen academy each month new members can be invited to start in the program. the more people helping the more people can be helped out. So what do you think?
"Age shouldn't affect you. It's just like the size of your shoes - they don't determine how you live your life! You're either marvellous or you're boring, regardless of your age."
Steven Morrissey
Sign me up is what I think...i love helping players who actually want to learn Tongue
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
sounds good. we would need people who would be willing to help anyone though.

That said, we could have a stickied thread in which we list all the mentors for newbies to see upon arriving, or have it linked on the game page
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
so current mentors:

basic classes:
snowprincess

intermediate classes:
fjkulit (sub. in basic classes)
snorlax47 (sub. in basic classes)

advance classes:
anomandaris rake
quanto_konami
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
snow white say what?

also, since this doesn't need cefurkans approval to be put into play motion to make a seperate thread or just edit this op to include all the necessary info then put this in player tips or somehting
well...either we need to edit this one...and clear out all the useless posts...or we can use it to kind of hammer out how its going to run and then make a seperate thread...but either way...

Motion 2nded
hmmm theres one problem...
where will the venue of it?
a seperate chat maybe?
i was thinking more seperate thread while we use this to hammer out details tbh
Motion 3rd'd(yes im that awesome i can do that to my own motion:p)
EDIT@NINJA- the participants can use their own methods of communication as agreed upon by the participants of each mentor mentee pairing
(2012-05-03, 03:39 PM)Quanto_Konami Wrote: well...either we need to edit this one...and clear out all the useless posts...or we can use it to kind of hammer out how its going to run and then make a seperate thread...but either way...

Motion 2nded
we could make a seperate thread later.. (once we have an idea of the whole)
Hello and Welcome! The (insert name here) Committee brings you the new, MonsterMMORPG Mentoring Program. If you're looking to bring your game to new levels, we've got a mentor for you!

Our Mission Statement

The MonsterMMORPG Mentoring Program is designed to help those in need of help reach their goals in competitive PvP and training.We aim to help those in need in a constructive, positive manner that helps both the student and the teacher reach the peak of their potential.

Types of mentors

TBD

The process of gaining a mentor

1. A pupil should Fill out this application [application here] and wait to be matched to a mentor

2. The pupil should then pm the mentor he has been matched to including a copy of the pupil's application

3. The mentor should PM the pupil back and tell the pupil the best ways to contact them and when they will be available to mentor.

4. Mentoring should then take place in whatever way is most convenient for the mentor and pupil. Pupils and mentors should strive to be communicating on a consistent basis. If there are any questions, concerns, or comments with the way the mentoring is proceeding, the mentor or pupil should PM (someone). NOTE: The pupil is responsible for getting the amount of contact they need! The pupil is in control of how often they contact the mentor and what type of mentoring takes place.

5. When the mentoring is over, the pupil should post in the thread saying that it is over. Feel free to leave feedback, but please be respectful.

Ways to make the most of your mentoring experience

1. Tell your mentor where you are and where you want to be in terms of the competitive aspect you want mentoring in. Try having questions for your mentor. The more your mentor knows about you, the more your mentor can figure out what to help you with.

2. Although not an absolute requirement, it is appreciated if pupils at least come somewhat prepared for mentoring. If you're looking for a mentor, you should have the basics of the game down. Don't pester mentors with "How do i get into buildings". Simple background knowledge like this really helps speed up the process.

3. If a pupil has a concern with a mentor, or a mentor has a concern with a student, please PM (th mentor committee president esquire person) about the concern and we will address the problem immediately. Mentors, if you feel overworked, we will work with you to cut down your schedule and/or get another mentor for your subject. Pupils should PM (that dude) if they want to switch mentors for any reason.

4. You don't have to communicate just through MonsterMMORPG Forum! Use private messages or even the in-game chat to make conversations easier! Remember, communicating as much as possible is the key to both the mentor and the student having a positive experience. The more you communicate, the better the mentor will be able to understand and assist their pupil.

5. Mentors should always be ready to correct pupils when they are incorrect, but should do so in a respectful and constructive manner. Insulting a pupil or acting condescending is unprofessional and will not be accepted. At the same time, pupils should be willing to accept advice. Pupils should not react angrily or reluctantly to advice, especially since it is intended to help them.

6. Please follow the instructions in the "process of gaining a mentor" section! We cannot stress enough how much following these simple instructions will help both the pupil and mentor gain more out of this experience.

Applying to be a Mentor

1. A prospective mentor should Fill out this application [application here] and wait to be tested for the class type of his choice.
It came from smashboards (obviously) anyways...after it is edited it should serve our purposes quite well Tongue
basic edit to form template done. we need details hammered out though
Okay...we will need 1-2 people to oversee this little project...they would be responsible for pairing up pupils and mentors...also for handling any concerns/complaints that mentors or pupils have
i'll do it if you can't get anyone else to.
Any other volunteers

Also...I put forth myself as a candidate

Good qualities:
Very Active
Fairly Savvy on pvp
Forum Mod

Bad Qualities:
Lazy unless extremely motivated
but you're motivated right now amirite?
I guess you could say that ;P anyways...almost done with the pupil application *which i will put forth to be judged before adding to post Tongue*
aight. should i post qualifications? :/
Go for it Smile

Anyways...the reason i want a consensus on who gets that position...is because the person would be "over" the mentors in a fashion...and having a chairman whatever who has a bad relationship with one of the mentors could mean trouble etc etc

"
Application for pupils

Code:
[b]In game profile url[/b]:
[b]Your timezone and usual hours of availability[/b]:
[b]What do you want to learn?[/b]:
[b]Preferred mentor[/b]:
doesnt seem that great tbh
"Age shouldn't affect you. It's just like the size of your shoes - they don't determine how you live your life! You're either marvellous or you're boring, regardless of your age."
Steven Morrissey
What was you expecting?
(2012-05-03, 05:04 PM)Quanto_Konami Wrote: Application for pupils

Code:
[b]Preferred mentor[/b]:
that pretty much covers it quanto, suggestions what so ever
[Image: blackstarsig_zpsc46521c1.jpeg]
it's not a flippin 8 page essay to just get in. sheesh
um personality traits would be great someone has to match these ppl up and if they dont know this kind of info it will be harer to make sure they dont but heads
Steven Morrissey
(2012-05-03, 05:04 PM)Quanto_Konami Wrote: Application for pupils

Code:
[b]Preferred mentor[/b]:
actually i take back mt other post, something could be added, how about this.

(Reason why you chose this learning method)

this could also help cefurkan improve the game and the games other learning options
[Image: blackstarsig_zpsc46521c1.jpeg]
so the way tbhis is setup is that by the end you will be begging me to take this job. with that premise in mind, you better be expecting something completely epic amirite? i'll try not to disappoint.
Some of you may know me. for those of oyu who don't, that's your problem. I'm orboknown. I run this forum, or so they like to say.
Yes you heard right. i should probably not make this a wall of text, so
I'm pretty dang active.
I know and get along with almost everyone and anyone on this site and all the famous people/mods.
i respond to things very quickly when i am on.
I can be very persuasive/stubborn/brilliant when I want to be.
[Image: tumblr_l9v8jvltGZ1qa2jh9o1_400.jpg]
committee leader amirite?
Due to the activity here i guess we will need a poll for chairman and other offices. plz sumbit your ad. and job position you want. in 10 days time i will change the poll so that we may vote for our leaders. Thankyou all for showing so much intrest in my little idea.
Steven Morrissey
(2012-05-03, 05:13 PM)orboknown Wrote: so the way tbhis is setup is that by the end you will be begging me to take this job. with that premise in mind, you better be expecting something completely epic amirite? i'll try not to disappoint.
Some of you may know me. for those of oyu who don't, that's your problem. I'm orboknown. I run this forum, or so they like to say.
Yes you heard right. i should probably not make this a wall of text, so
I'm pretty dang active.
I know and get along with almost everyone and anyone on this site and all the famous people/mods.
i respond to things very quickly when i am on.
I can be very persuasive/stubborn/brilliant when I want to be.
[Image: tumblr_l9v8jvltGZ1qa2jh9o1_400.jpg]
committee leader amirite?
i believe this is sufficient to show my interest in co-chairing this committee with someone else.
please tell me orbo is not the only one who wants this job. Write up your own campain slogan we still have room for many more to help out and be apart of the start of this great program.
Steven Morrissey