Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too much inside info?
This Concerns pvp so im posting here. I dont like the fact that someone can just look up your profile and see all the monsters your currently carrying around with you. Thats too much info. In a matter of seconds they can see all your monsters and their stats and their moves before you battle them or during tournaments and what-have-you.

Now, i do recognize there is a certain need to know about a persons team, for example if you want to make sure your not about to fight someone way overpowered than you or if your hosting a tournament and want to make sure people are in the regulations. SO. Heres my solution and suggestion. Instead of letting people see everything about your team let them view a table of limited information about a players party. The Categories would always be the same in the table but the information, of course would depend on the players monster party.

An Example would be something like this:

Starters: 1
Regulars:0
Superiors:0
Emmissarys:3
Legendarys:2
Ancients:0
Highest Level:100
Duplicates: No
Ehh, I have no problem with it at all. Even if you can see -everything- in their profile regarding pvp, you don't know what moves they'll be making or who they will be using first. You can't anticipate it no matter what.

Choosing a monster to battle first is a 1/6 possibility and you want to formulate a counter strategy for it but you can't because you can't anticipate which monster they're throwing at you.

About the moves, same way. 1/4 possibility, you can't anticipate which move they'll use first.
Also remember that the enemy can do the same to you, so you are pretty much equal.
[Image: viking.png]

The Vikings Will Rampage.
honestly i have no problem with it, but another way you could fix this is have a drop down button on control panel tab, and have it say " show user monsters" and "dont show users monsters" which ever one you have out, is what they are to see. it basically explains itself but if you want more info, ill edit this ^_^
Viva La B.P.C! Many Enter, few Leave!

[Image: rainbowsig_zpsb55967d0.jpeg]
basically seeing every detail on your opponents team is like a super wifi clause

however you dont know what your opponents strategy could be.
[Image: SamurottGSig.png]
Dont mess with the Samu or else you'll be left to rott in the Sanzu.
Credits go to SparrowHawk for the amazing sig.
Yes but you can change the monsters you have in a party because of someone elses. For example, I notice someone has like 4 Dragons in his party... shoot ima go grab this Light monster i trained but ultimately decided against using. Either way My monsters are my business i dont want people im bout to fight studying up on my mons.

Im was taken aback by this aspect of the game. Never in my life have i played a pokemon game real or online created that was like this. The suggested format i put up there tells you what you need to know. Bottom line is that there's no great reason to need to know more than the table i put up there...
Meh. My monster teams are usually weak. It doesnt bother me at all though if someone sees it. I usually base my answer to someone's pvp request based on their monster team. I think you've been spitting out a lot of ideas recently, and a couple of them are good, but

I'm gonna have to say I do not support this idea.
420 Blaze it Lol
basically with the info you have on your opponent's profile, what you won't know is just the monsters he will choose and what moves he will make.

lets try a reverse approach, what is the purpose of see every detail on other people's team. (besides the above mentioned)
[Image: 501b5ca62c27bjpg.png]

I would support this, because to be honest, when you an see everything about your opponent, you can guess their strategy, AND you can guess they will use one of 4 moves.

so yeah, I know exactly what you're saying.
CeFurkan Wrote:
@Nitz_X u really should leave this game
[Image: kSLYA.png]
Good Point Nitz, Some people in this forum who arent agreeing are saying Well you still have to guess what of the 4 moves theyll pick. Yeah but you should have to guess what of hundreds of moves theyll pick. For example what if they have a normal type monster or a type that has a large variety of type moves it can learn. Someone with that monster is be severely stripped of an advantage they have. Their monster could have a move thats super effective to the opponent that he wouldnt know if moves were hidden like theyre suposed to be but since he sees the move he switches out. You cant tell me thats fair.

ALSO:

(2012-08-05, 03:45 AM)swjfire Wrote: lets try a reverse approach, what is the purpose of see every detail on other people's team. (besides the above mentioned)
There is no above mentioned benefits to seeing every detail of a persons party that isnt covered in my idea

seeing everything is a benefit for YOU, not for your opponent, It reveals ALL their secrets.

Of course, the same goes for you...

Not saying that this isn't balanced, it is, but it's... it kills the PVP factor when you already know exactly what you're fighting.
CeFurkan Wrote:
I don't seem to support any of your threads...
O.o
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
(2012-08-05, 11:23 AM)fjkulit Wrote: I don't seem to support any of your threads...
O.o

Thats ok.. Nobody's perfect friend. Sleepy
Your opponent can see your profile as well. That's the challenge. They can set a counter against you. But on the other hand, you can look at your opponent as well.

So what's the point? You and your enemy has equal advantage
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
my example that i gave about the normal monster user was NOT an equal advantage Ramza. read it again if you need to..

Edit: In fact, my first example about the player who decided to use a lot of dragons(applicable to a player who decides to use multiples of any type) for his battle, That was not an equal advantage either

Edit: and even if it were an equal advantage its still an equal advantage that shouldnt be there. Thats like taking a basketball game and making both the basketball goals only 4 foot tall and
saying, "hey, its and equal advantage." so what, its still not how the game should be played.
(2012-08-05, 02:13 PM)SlimJimForHim Wrote: my example that i gave about the normal monster user was NOT an equal advantage Ramza. read it again if you need to..

Edit: In fact, my first example about the player who decided to use a lot of dragons(applicable to a player who decides to use multiples of any type) for his battle, That was not an equal advantage either

Edit: and even if it were an equal advantage its still an equal advantage that shouldnt be there. Thats like taking a basketball game and making both the basketball goals only 4 foot tall and
saying, "hey, its and equal advantage." so what, its still not how the game should be played.
Yes, yes, i know what you mean. What i'm just trying to say is that if one can look at your team, then you can do it as well.
- Ramza Beoulve
(2012-08-05, 02:21 PM)Ramza_X Wrote:
(2012-08-05, 02:13 PM)SlimJimForHim Wrote: my example that i gave about the normal monster user was NOT an equal advantage Ramza. read it again if you need to..

Yes, yes, i know what you mean. What i'm just trying to say is that if one can look at your team, then you can do it as well.

At least you seem reasonable Ramza, Tell me this then, What would be wrong with doing it my suggested way? Would you be seriously unsatisfied with it somehow? Would this way not Both appease the people that think my way and also not tick off the people who dont neccessarily?
uhm....welp. You see, I think you should, if ANYTHING, have a CHOICE as to whether or not you show your team. But I still dont like this idea.
420 Blaze it Lol
(2012-08-05, 02:28 PM)SlimJimForHim Wrote: At least you seem reasonable Ramza, Tell me this then, What would be wrong with doing it my suggested way? Would you be seriously unsatisfied with it somehow? Would this way not Both appease the people that think my way and also not tick off the people who dont neccessarily?
Well, there won't be any difference in doing it your way... it actually makes it more challenging. I won't be unsatisfied at all. And I also think (in my opinion) that this make pvping more exciting.

But, what about the "See Player's all monsters" button? Let's look at it this way: If you can't see the other players "team monsters", you can still see the opponent's "all monsters".

With that aside, your idea seems a-ok.
- Ramza Beoulve
=_= i cant believe you're siding with him.
420 Blaze it Lol
(2012-08-05, 02:38 PM)torito747 Wrote: =_= i cant believe you're siding with him.
I'm not siding with anyone. I'm BOTH agreeing and not agreeing. In all ideas, there would be advantages and disadvantages.
- Ramza Beoulve
(2012-08-05, 02:37 PM)torito747 Wrote: uhm....welp. You see, I think you should, if ANYTHING, have a CHOICE as to whether or not you show your team. But I still dont like this idea.

Sigh.. I dont know what i have to do.. i have given solid reason, after solid reason, and logical statements after
logical statement, and nobody has given me any good reason for why its not a good idea except, "No or I dont like" yet
still the majority will not accept that my suggestion is an improvement. The only explanation i can think of is that most
people have simply gotten used to this cheap way of playing... I can only hope the people in charge of making decisions can
understand where im coming from.

Btw, though, i would be ok with being given the choice to hide it..
Yes. Keeping the fact that neither one outweighs eachother, it is best to keep it the way it is, because the fact that it will take more work kinda takes it home.

(2012-08-05, 02:41 PM)SlimJimForHim Wrote:
(2012-08-05, 02:37 PM)torito747 Wrote: uhm....welp. You see, I think you should, if ANYTHING, have a CHOICE as to whether or not you show your team. But I still dont like this idea.

Sigh.. I dont know what i have to do.. i have given solid reason, after solid reason, and logical statements after
logical statement, and nobody has given me any good reason for why its not a good idea except, "No or I dont like" yet
still the majority will not accept that my suggestion is an improvement. The only explanation i can think of is that most
people have simply gotten used to this cheap way of playing... I can only hope Cefurkan can stand above the crowd and do whats right

Bro. Stop dissing everyone and treating CeFurkan like a close friend or something. ALL of us have been playing this game longer than you have. Anyone's thats posted on this thread.
And really, stop acting like youre ideas are flawless and the greatest on earth. Obviously, some of us dont think so.
420 Blaze it Lol
(2012-08-05, 02:43 PM)torito747 Wrote: Yes. Keeping the fact that neither one outweighs eachother, it is best to keep it the way it is, because the fact that it will take more work kinda takes it home.

people have simply gotten used to this cheap way of playing... I can only hope Cefurkan can stand above the crowd and do whats right

Bro. Stop dissing everyone and treating CeFurkan like a close friend or something. ALL of us have been playing this game longer than you have. Anyone's thats posted on this thread.

My Intent is not to diss anyone but to debate convincingly... But to my other point, again, we have no reason given for why this idea is bad
(2012-08-05, 02:43 PM)torito747 Wrote: Bro. Stop dissing everyone and treating CeFurkan like a close friend or something. ALL of us have been playing this game longer than you have. Anyone's thats posted on this thread.
And really, stop acting like youre ideas are flawless and the greatest on earth. Obviously, some of us dont think so.
Torito, let's just be gentle on the new guy...

Maybe it's best to welcome this idea, and give advantages and disadvantages about this idea. Not just all negative thoughts.
- Ramza Beoulve
(2012-08-05, 02:43 PM)torito747 Wrote: Yes. Keeping the fact that neither one outweighs eachother, it is best to keep it the way it is, because the fact that it will take more work kinda takes it home.

I refer to post 15 please... one does indeed outweigh the other.
(2012-08-05, 02:48 PM)SlimJimForHim Wrote:

My Intent is not to diss anyone but to debate convincingly... But to my other point, again, we have no reason given for why this idea is bad

Fine. Keeping in mind what Ramza has said....

Yes. there are advantages, and disadvantages, to youre idea. But there are an equal number of advantages and disadvantages to keeping it the way it is. In retrospect, it would be more time efficient just to keep it the way it is.
420 Blaze it Lol

(2012-08-05, 02:37 PM)torito747 Wrote: Bro. Stop dissing everyone and treating CeFurkan like a close friend or something. ALL of us have been playing this game longer than you have. Anyone's thats posted on this thread.

Really, you think i act like my ideas are flawless... I know you saw how i already admitted to my bad idea in the "chat problem" thread because you yourself commented on it. Im willing to acquiesce(spelled that wrong) if an idea isnt good.

As far as this idea goes it is good i feel and the current system does not create an equal advantage. Sure in the grand scheme of things people will probably benefit equally but you have to look at this on a battle by battle basis. If i lose tournament battle because some guy was able to see my monsters and changed the monsters he decided to fight with, do you think i reall care that i won some random pvp battle later because i could look at my opponents monsters. Sure in the grand scheme of things it would be "Equal" but its really not. The way it is now people can get unfair advantages on battle to battle basis
(2012-08-05, 02:52 PM)SlimJimForHim Wrote:

I refer to post 15 please... one does indeed outweigh the other.
I think what torito meant by that is that the number of advantages and disadvantages (maybe) are equal, therefore, does not outweighs each other. Not the fact that both players are not equal.

I'll just summarize what I just said...

There are advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are already stated: that each player will have to prepare, knowing that they will face the unknown, and give the weaker person have a chance to win, knowing that the stronger player doesn't know his/her monsters. The disadvantages, however, haven't been stated yet.
- Ramza Beoulve
(2012-08-05, 03:09 PM)torito747 Wrote:
(2012-08-05, 04:18 AM)SlimJimForHim Wrote: I can admit when a suggestion i made is possibly maybe might be a tad bit kinda unnecessary Confused .
Uh huh. Please, tell me more.
cut the trolling out.
CeFurkan Wrote: