Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What? A monthly tournament? Why, of course. There's plenty of tournaments running around the forums, so I had a "why not?" moment. There is no admission fee, and the prize is a spot in one of my upcoming mini-comics. (We'll work on a character concept and a bit of story, even. cSmile Anyway, post comments and concerns here in the thread; and to join this month's tournament, post here with a message saying "Take the day off, Henrie." and anything else required for this month's event.

The rules this month?
Tournaments are over-done. September's game is simple:

1. Catch a new monster (ID number greater than 2169396, so I know that it's new.)
  2. Train monster up to, but not above level... 30.
The winner is the monster with the most total stats. Yes, that simple. Both TP training and the monster's rank are going to play a pretty heavy role here, as well as it's Unique Values. So, you'll likely be catching batches of monsters.
  • You can donate for a monster. Donation monsters have a limit of 45 UVs per stat, so someone catching many monsters has a small chance of out-matching you. Granted, this is the easiest option. So expect many people to go this route.
  • You cannot use a monster that you've already caught. I caught a monster just before making this post, so 2169396 is the number to beat.
  • You can trade for your monster, just make sure it's ID number is high enough or you'll be disqualified. (So a team of trainers can get together and mass-catch. All fine by me.)
  • You cannot go beyond level 30. Any higher and you'll need to catch another monster. This is mostly to root out those high-leveled zeniths people are always catching while training. Also, eggrolls.
Post here with your in game name and the link to your monster once you've found what you are looking for. I will record stat totals on October 1st, so you have the month of September to catch and train your monster. As stated before, the winner will be in a Monster MMORPG comic. Whoo! \o/
Past winners!
February 2012 - Quanto_Konami
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
Bonus points if it has a heart on it
Oh, nice idea \ouo/ I wish you, and everyone who competes, luck!
Loveen would be a good, valentines monster to use Big Grin

Oooo that should be the honored monster that hosts the tournament! A Loveen Tongue
anyways...am I going to be the only competitor? *also and this is just a note...do you know how hard it is to find 6 monsters you want redrawn...level 25 or lower...and with red on them? It is work! Tongue*
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
(2012-02-10, 10:06 PM)Quanto_Konami Wrote: anyways...am I going to be the only competitor? *also and this is just a note...do you know how hard it is to find 6 monsters you want redrawn...level 25 or lower...and with red on them? It is work! Tongue*
X'D It's only two members of the team. 6 and I would explode. 8'3 Good luck finding those things. I'm sure you'll come up with something. <3

well since you pick the 2...I was wanting all six of the ones I use to be ones I want redrawn...that way no matter which 2 you pick they are still ones I believe need to be redrawn badly Smile
(2012-02-14, 12:41 PM)Quanto_Konami Wrote: well since you pick the 2...I was wanting all six of the ones I use to be ones I want redrawn...that way no matter which 2 you pick they are still ones I believe need to be redrawn badly Smile
Totally picking three and adding the other three to the Que - just because you were the only competitor. x'D

Next month's edition updated!

It's not even March yet.. O.o

Err.. Question(s).

About the re-draw reward, umm... can you explain it please? O.o
You said that the reward is to have 2 monsters in your team re-drawn.. Is it only for the competing team of the monthly tourney?
Since it will be re-drawn, will it be for the whole game or just for the winner to drool over the image in forum?
(2012-02-19, 12:45 AM)Kamidara Wrote: It's not even March yet.. O.o

Err.. Question(s).

About the re-draw reward, umm... can you explain it please? O.o
You said that the reward is to have 2 monsters in your team re-drawn.. Is it only for the competing team of the monthly tourney?
Since it will be re-drawn, will it be for the whole game or just for the winner to drool over the image in forum?
S'not March yet, but this gives people a month to deal with silly constraints. Getting 6 monsters to level 50 can take some time. (Or not, but hey - leaves everyone time to just play the game. ;3 ) So yeah, I've not been so buried I lost track of the day. Just updated this so I don't forget when the 1st rolls around.

As for the reward, it's any two monsters the winner owns. I'd really, -really- like it if they were monsters that competed, but it's no big deal to me if they aren't. I can either forward them to CeFurkan, or at request leave them on the board to be drooled over. Though, in the case of forum drooling, I may make one image with both mons and whatnot. You know, with a background as opposed to just... floating. XD Dunno. Win and we'll talk.

bump! I might join...but...yeah make sure to add me in next month, but I might be messed up with schedules
Constantly dying yet never dead
bump,is this still goin on ?
[Image: 9s5dhk.jpg]
(2012-08-30, 12:01 AM)zacherymatthews Wrote: bump,is this still goin on ?
They've flopped pretty well so far, but I'll throw a challenge up. XD For September. ^^ Less of a tournament and more of a competition.

Go, my flock! Catch monsters! MWAHAHAHAH! XD
Wait so its not the Hunger Gámes anymore its the Henrie Gámes now XD
Ok i might JOIN and i might not JOIN but that depends ON how Busy i AM .-. Argh Dumb iPod trolling with my words >.<
[Image: 2vkani9.jpg]
Small words FTW 8D
I will participate henrie..
I join..
is it for all monster class? I mean ancient and legend include..
yep...but since ancients cannot be caught at as low a level as 30-....*this is for the regular server Im assuming* so...yeah ancients are not included
thank you quanto..
How about reward ancients? (they start at lvl1)
Monster MMORPG's first Kpop fan!
Back after more than 12 months of vacation. 
[Image: 2vkc4nq.gif]
(2012-09-06, 09:16 AM)fjkulit Wrote: How about reward ancients? (they start at lvl1)
All monster classes are permitted, but i don't think there are any level 1 reward ancients left. xD But if you find one, have at it? Sure, I'll let it fly.

And yes, this is on the regular server. Test server would be silly. Tongue
Yay!!! Tnx henire
Getting close to the end of the month and STILL no entries. At this rate a level 2 monster would win. x'D Nobody wants to be in a comic, eh?
Yay! (@what henrie said) me catch lvl2
(2012-09-26, 11:03 AM)RandyTenderan Wrote: This is mine
https://www.monstermmorpg.com/SeeUserMon...ID=2224119
Well, Randy. Y'won by default! lol I'll get in touch with you in about a week, m'kay? ;3 We'll work out a short story and character design.
Congrats Randy, you're a star now. =)