Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion for the MonsterDex
I just recently noticed that once you transform/evolve a monster, the monster you just had shows up in the MonsterDex as "You do not own this monster". I think it should still say that you have the monster especially in the case of monsters that are nearly impossible to get (starters). It results in needlessly having to go out and recapture monsters that you've already caught before.
[Image: theartofruin___monstermmorpg___forum_sig...5f1qcf.png]
No support. If it says "You do not own this monster", then you don't have it. It's weird if it says "You own this monster" even if you don't have it.
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve
meh.. i don't know about this idea.. it would make the game look more like pokemon.. also, it would make it way easier to get high DMS..
I would have to see some pretty good arguments to approve this..

as for starters, i think it is a great idea, but would it be possible to make this just for starters? I don't know..
[Image: viking.png]

The Vikings Will Rampage.
the way it is is quite good lol
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
(2012-09-17, 09:40 AM)Ramza_X Wrote: It's weird if it says "You own this monster" even if you don't have it.
Technically, you still own it, because it's the same monster. It's just transformed into it's next form. It's not a whole new monster like if you'd gone out and captured it.
what its no good its too difficult to know it
[Image: tO3jDrM.png]
I know where this user is coming from with this and I fully understand.

Pokemon also had it like this, I only had 1 Tentacool, evolved into Tentacruel and it said I still had a Tentacool. I even searched my pokemon storage for a tentacool but I couldn't find one, all I found was my beautiful Tentacruel Smile

Same monster, same stats, same nature, same love, etc. So, you basically have the monster, it just evolved.

Quote:If you look at it this way, you have a pet puppy. 2 years later, that puppy has grown big! Is it still the same puppy you had 2 years ago? Yes because you still know it, it still knows you, it is still your pet, all it did was grow.
Exactly.
A wild Henrie has appeared!
Pokemon had it figured out. A Pokemon that you had evolved showed up in your Pokedex as a greyed out pokeball. Not the red and white showing you had one in your current possession. But it still counted towards your "Dex score". A greyed out marker showing previous ownership would make me unendingly happy. x'D

And then she ran away to the art dungeon.
[Image: MightyenaSig.png]
(2012-09-17, 09:40 AM)Ramza_X Wrote: No support. If it says "You do not own this monster", then you don't have it. It's weird if it says "You own this monster" even if you don't have it.
I agree, and prefer this way. imagine u released a Magikarp, u dont still have it do u?
i heard my name... and all you have to do is check the monsterdex .-. it display a light red colour on a monster box next the the pic and name of the monster. and if you done have it.. it is just like a normal monster box.. you get what im saying?
[Image: 4ab640cb58ed8813afd342449a09e628.jpg]
 3DS FC: 0103-9714-7767
 Name: Dexter
 Friend Safari: Electric

Phoenix, we already addressed what you just said. Read the rest of the posts before posting so you know whats going on. and Dexter, that isn't what we're talking about.

Quote: Pokemon had it figured out. A Pokemon that you had evolved showed up in your Pokedex as a greyed out pokeball. Not the red and white showing you had one in your current possession. But it still counted towards your "Dex score". A greyed out marker showing previous ownership would make me unendingly happy. x'D
Me too Henrie, me too.
Yeah. I think for this to work without it saying "yeah you have this exact monster atm!", you /could/ have it as just another box color. Not red like "hey you have it!" , but perhaps a lighter color then "no, you don't"

Pretty much, have another more inbetween color for "You've owned one of these, but don't currently have one"
/suggestions!/
[Image: GolurkSig.png] Sig by SparrowHawk. Go check his sigs out.
(2012-09-17, 10:21 AM)Lolzinator Wrote: meh.. i don't know about this idea.. it would make the game look more like pokemon.. also, it would make it way easier to get high DMS..
I would have to see some pretty good arguments to approve this..

as for starters, i think it is a great idea, but would it be possible to make this just for starters? I don't know..
(2012-09-17, 03:44 PM)TheArtOfRuin Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 09:40 AM)Ramza_X Wrote: It's weird if it says "You own this monster" even if you don't have it.
Technically, you still own it, because it's the same monster. It's just transformed into it's next form. It's not a whole new monster like if you'd gone out and captured it.
Personally, I see nothing wrong with this suggestion. But, as lolz said, it would be easier to accumulate DMS, thus, gaining points faster.
"A man who's lost his pride can never be free" 
- Ramza Beoulve