Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senator Class-user groups addendum.
This is an addition to my user groups submission,but it could be instituted separate of the other groups.
Purpose-The Senate shall be responsible for the generation and review of ideas for the site. It shall review and attempt to settle user disputes. Senators may also work with Moderators to determine whether or not so-and-so is suitable for Modship.

Requirements-Senatorial candidates must be calm and level headed. They must be able to view proposals with an open mind and critically analyze them. Senators must be committed to and serious about their job. The vast majority of the Senate should be composed of non moderators,to represent their views as best as possible.However,there should be a small proportion of Moderators to serve as a bridge of communications.

Set-up- To begin with,there shall be nine Senators. More may be added(to be explained later in this post). The Senate shall have their own forum board,only viewable by Senate members. This section is where they shall go about Senate business. Senators shall recieve a blue username. They should be able to sticky threads.

Proposed initial Senators:
Guider-Calm,level headed. Knows the game inside and out.Dedicated to his job and this forum.
Lamb-It's Lamb.no explanation needed.
Gboss-a funnier version of Lamb.
Snoozn-intelligent user,creative thinker. Quite Lamb like.
Nitz_X-while he may anger some of you,Nitz is driven,highly committed to his job,and very creative.
GarbageKeeper- smart,neutrally aligned. Thinks outside the box.
Pein-Guider with a different mindset.
Quanto-An astute thinker. Committed to the job and a good problem solver.
Orboknown- Not tooting my own horn here. I'm neutral in almost every occasion. I work hard and am a dedicated user. I'm well read(IE- i know a lot about many topics.) Well known and respected. Plus I'm always on Wink
New Senators-New Senators may be proposed by any Senate member. Their qualifications shall be reviewed by the entire Senate and if approved by all Senators that user shall be accepted into the Senate. Once more Senators are added,a candidate shall only require a two thirds majority vote for acceptance.

Support List:
1. Quanto_Konami(confirmed via chat)
2.Raith(confirmed viachat)
3.Pein
Quote: Do you hear the Whisper Men The Whisper Men are near
If you hear the Whisper Men then turn away your ears
Do not hear the Whisper Men whatever else you do
For once you've heard the Whisper Men they'll stop. And look at you.
(2011-11-14, 07:41 PM)orboknown Wrote: This is an addition to my user groups submission,but it could be instituted separate of the other groups.
Purpose-The Senate shall be responsible for the generation and review of ideas for the site. It shall review and attempt to settle user disputes. Senators may also work with Moderators to determine whether or not so-and-so is suitable for Modship.

Requirements-Senatorial candidates must be calm and level headed. They must be able to view propossals with an open mind and critically analyze them. Senators must be committed to and serious about their job. The vast majority of the Senate should be composed of non moderators,to represent their views as best as possible.However,there should be a small proportion of Moderators to serve as a bridge of communications.

Set-up- To begin with,there shall be nine Senators. More may be added(to be explained later in this post). The Senate shall have their own forum board,only viewable by Senate members. This section is where they shall go about Senate business. Senators shall recieve a blue username. They should be able to sticky threads.

Proposed initial Senators:
Guider-Calm,level headed. Knows the game inside and out.Dedicated to his hob and this forum.
Lamb-It's Lamb.no explanation needed.
Gboss-a funnier version of Lamb.
Snoozn-intelligent user,creative thinker. Quite Lamb like.
Nitz_X-while he may anger some of you,Nitz is driven,highly committed to his job,and very creative.
GarbageKeeper- smart,neutrally aligned. Thinks outside the box.
Pein-Guider with a different mindset.
Quanto-An astute thinker. Committed to the job and a good problem solver.
Orboknown- Not tooting my own horn here. I'm neutral in almost every occasion. I work hard and am a dedicated user. I'm well read(IE- i know a lot about many topics.) Well known and respected. Plus I'm always on Wink
New Senators-New Senators may be proposed by any Senate member. Their qualifications shall be reviewed by the entire Senate and if approved by all Senators that user shall be accepted into the Senate. Once more Senators are added,a candidate shall only require a two thirds majority vote for acceptance.

Support List:
1. Quanto_Konami(confirmed via chat)
2.Raith(confirmed viachat)
his hob
and yes i do agree with this sounds legit

[Image: ZekromSig.png]

Credits to SparrowHawk
His hob?what?oh,typpo.thanks.
anyways,thanks for the support.
read what i highlighted in quote says hob should be job

Credits to SparrowHawk
I got it>.> read the edit.
Requirements-Senatorial candidates must be calm and level headed. They must be able to view propossals with an open mind and critically analyze them.

There is one s in proposals....
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjk8wO2t6sHmKt_B-_FtO...vOjUyihBSc]
thanks quanto
I am against this idea. For one thing, it would be a major pain to get this stuff programmed into the forum, as we would have to leave the template we have now and get something like vBulletin to implement the things you have suggested. Also, I really don't see any use for this when we already have a moderating staff that takes up more than half of the active user base. There simply are not enough active users on this forum to have something like this, and I think that the system we have right now with the moderating staff is good enough. However, once we get a large number of active users on the forums, then we can consider something like this. For now, however, this is unnecessary.
thanks for the rehash of what ya already told me.
however,like raith said this should be a mostly non-mod grouping to present the players side of things(with a few mods sprinkled in to serve as a bridge between the two groups)
(2011-11-16, 01:25 PM)orboknown Wrote: thanks for the rehash of what ya already told me.
however,like raith said this should be a mostly non-mod grouping to present the players side of things(with a few mods sprinkled in to serve as a bridge between the two groups)

Er, the moderating staff plays the game too, you know. Also, if you're really going to go through with this, have fun programming this in. Like I said, the forum would have to convert to an entirely different system, and I'm not sure if it's really worth the trouble for something that isn't even necessary at the moment, considering the low number of active users we have.
(2011-11-18, 12:51 AM)Lamb Wrote:
(2011-11-16, 01:25 PM)orboknown Wrote: thanks for the rehash of what ya already told me.

Er, the moderating staff plays the game too, you know. Also, if you're really going to go through with this, have fun programming this in. Like I said, the forum would have to convert to an entirely different system, and I'm not sure if it's really worth the trouble for something that isn't even necessary at the moment, considering the low number of active users we have.
What your saying makes alot of sense adding sumthing like this would require lots of work and probably wont be worth it due to lack of active members

Credits to SparrowHawk
it doesnt have to be put in immediately geez>.>